Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the sort of fella that can straight line player/s going fwd but not chase em down going the other road...rather odd that.. bit like a seen and the unseen trick, bizarrely he still wont run em down when facing his own net so large turning circles are often not even an excuse.

City Watch @City_Watch · 5m 5 minutes ago
Mail: Yaya will be made available this summer but is happy with life at City and will only leave for the same wages.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCvniHvXIAEU44T.jpg:large[/bigimg]

I don't care what people say about Yaya, deep down we know he is only at City for the money and his performances recently pretty much show that.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
MCFC4EVR said:
FantasyIreland said:
He should not be in the eleven on Sunday but I have little doubt he will be,and,yet again..... he will be allowing Song and co to waltz past him and have the freedom of the park.
I get where Dax is coming from, when has Yaya ever had a great game defensively even when we were at our peak and won titles he was never defensive. So people getting angry at him for not defending is just stupid. His attacking runs have stopped and the goals have dried up so fair enough if you're disappointed in his performances going forward.
Exactly been saying this for a while. He's not as mobile anymore but he's never been the most defensive player.His attacking threat and creating chances usually more than made up for that.

Our manager keeps wanting to use him in this role despite him failing.

And our other option is Nando who's shite.

If we end up keeping Yaya we should try using him as an attacking MF.

here is my view (which may be totally wrong)

Yaya isn't (wasn't) an AM. he is best deeper where he can control the game. So to put him in front of two CMs is a waste IMO. Especially now that he can't/doesn't have those lung bursting runs (which are also more effective from deep). Also, he doesn't/cant press. A case could be made about using him as a target second striker but his jumping ability for a man his size is poor. Whenever I have seen Yaya under Pellegrini in he #10 role he has been less effective than deeper. He doesnt even jog back, hardly presses from the front, and can't use his best attribute: controlling the game

However, his legs/stamina/work rate/motivation means that in a two man central midfield the team often gets overwhelmed. previously we still somehow managed to survive (yaya was a bit quicker to get back, but still poor defensively) but got exposed in Europe. We frequently conceded chances even last season but this season the opposition has had better luck. Also, our scoring was so good it hardly mattered.

I believe the current Yaya should be the middle of 3 CMs. Fernandinho who play alongside him but has greater license to go forward and can be considered the most advanced. He has the pressing ability and pace and energy to come back and defend. Yaya plays in his normal role, but has Fernando behind him for cover. In this way there is always a midfielder behind Yaya and Fernandinho and nominally three (but practically two to do the work of three) players in the middle of the park. Yaya retains his role but has better support.

In any case, this is moot with the season ending. Also, Pellegrini almost never plays 3 in the middle. And Yaya is most likely to leave.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 5m 5 minutes ago
Mail: Yaya will be made available this summer but is happy with life at City and will only leave for the same wages.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCvniHvXIAEU44T.jpg:large[/bigimg]

I don't care what people say about Yaya, deep down we know he is only at City for the money and his performances recently pretty much show that.

i wonder why he won't be interested in a move now, last year he couldnt wait to leave.

probably because inter cant offer half of what PSG would have

Love Yaya

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPp5JU911kQ[/video]

Wish he loved us half as much

It's nailed on we will let him go for a silly fee like we did with Tevez, my bet is 5m.

We will end up paying him off to leave and a low transfer fee will come in because of it.

sam-caddick said:
It's nailed on we will let him go for a silly fee like we did with Tevez, my bet is 5m.

We will end up paying him off to leave and a low transfer fee will come in because of it.

Tevez had a year left and outright stated he was going to leave at the end and we still got £12m for him.

Txiki doesn't do stupid. We got £13m for Rodwell ffs. £5m is Marwood bullshit.

sam-caddick said:

its hard to stomach that fee considering there was a rumored offer of 35m last season.

still, 12.5m off the wage bill a year equates to a 30M signing on 120k a week. I guess just like Tevez City might find that a good deal.

I still think yaya should go for around 15m euro. that goal article puts his price at 15M pounds

Damocles said:
sam-caddick said:

Tevez had a year left and outright stated he was going to leave at the end and we still got £12m for him.

Txiki doesn't do stupid. We got £13m for Rodwell ffs. £5m is Marwood bullshit.

If it comes down to us only having to accept a really low fee we will do it though, I think Txiki and co want Yaya out of the club so we can move on and look towards the future.

It will be Adebayor mark II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.