Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Yaya for another year would be catastrophic.

Unless he stayed in the Lampard role, which his ego would never allow.

toffee balls said:
Stephenhakin said:
toffee balls said:
He looks to me like he hates football at the moment and I can understand that.

So do I.

They are flogged to death and there is no let up. The global product is huge , huge business and they are the water carriers.

Factor in his personality , his family situation (he has a special needs kid and is still grieving his brother) , 3 AFONs in 4 years and a world cup last year , trips to Abu Dhabi and end of season trips to the states at the very end of this season . Our players look dead on their feet and they need a bloody rest.

They are flesh and blood you know.

Retire then ( He has more than enough money to do so ) Think youre on the wind up anyway.

You got me there fella.

You at the match Sunday.

No pal but been a sesason ticket holder 20 out of my 40 years on the planet. I now have a 6 year old son who takes priority. Don't go questioning peoples loyalty because someone disagrees with you pal...its embarassing. Like saying Yaya needs more time off for his brothers death. I got a week for my old man.

CityFan94 said:
Keeping Yaya for another year would be catastrophic.

Unless he stayed in the Lampard role, which his ego would never allow.

His crazy high wages wouldn't allow that either. We could have a quality player for that amount.

Yaya is being a right snake at the moment. This season he has played like he is on strike. Can't remember the last time we saw him run. Now the season is coming to the end he is more or less saying he won't be handing in a transfer request so city will need to pay him off.

I heard a couple of years ago that's yaya contract says when fit he has to play in league games. Hence never sub.

blue ranger said:
Yaya is being a right snake at the moment. This season he has played like he is on strike. Can't remember the last time we saw him run. Now the season is coming to the end he is more or less saying he won't be handing in a transfer request so city will need to pay him off.

I heard a couple of years ago that's yaya contract says when fit he has to play in league games. Hence never sub.

Sounds about right.

Yaya Toure has been the one of the most important and best players ever to grace the blue shirt. Granted this season has been poor but as others have said you can factor in a number of reasons for that the biggest for me being constantly asked to play in a 4-4-2 and he's just not fit enough (needs a good pre-season.) If you play him as an attacking midfielder with protection behind he's unstoppable.

For all he's done for us, he deserves another year and hopefully a new manager we'll see him back to his best.

Stood in The South Stand said:
Yaya Toure has been the one of the most important and best players ever to grace the blue shirt. Granted this season has been poor but as others have said you can factor in a number of reasons for that the biggest for me being constantly asked to play in a 4-4-2 and he's just not fit enough (needs a good pre-season.) If you play him as an attacking midfielder with protection behind he's unstoppable.

For all he's done for us, he deserves another year and hopefully a new manager we'll see him back to his best.

He came for the money and the things we have done for him.
Giving him another 10 minutes imo would be a mistake.
Get rid and get a player who wants to play without whinging.

It's such a shame that Yaya is going to leave under a bit of a cloud. I think part of his issue is with the Premier League - he was so annoyed that he wasn't given POTY last year, in what was the season of his life. He seems to have just switched off after this - he needs personal recognition, clearly.

But think about what he has done for us. I have been as disappointed/angry with him as anyone this season, but to leave under a bit of a cloud would be a shame.
-FA cup semi final and final goals
- Goals against Newcastle
-Goal in the LC final
-All of his goals last season - the second one against Palace was huge

He's been an immense player for us over the years, and to see how he has almost ruined his legacy with this seasons performance, and the summers antics is really sad.

I can't believe the stick for a absolute city legend is getting, its way over the top , in a way I hope he doesn't play for us again because one stray pass , shit shot ect and I can see the so called city fans booing him .. He's had a poor season so as 90% of the team but some of the criticism on here is bewildering. You can call utd fans for all sorts of things but they don't treat their players like some of us do .

dancity19 said:
It's such a shame that Yaya is going to leave under a bit of a cloud. I think part of his issue is with the Premier League - he was so annoyed that he wasn't given POTY last year, in what was the season of his life. He seems to have just switched off after this - he needs personal recognition, clearly.

But think about what he has done for us. I have been as disappointed/angry with him as anyone this season, but to leave under a bit of a cloud would be a shame.
-FA cup semi final and final goals
- Goals against Newcastle
-Goal in the LC final
-All of his goals last season - the second one against Palace was huge

He's been an immense player for us over the years, and to see how he has almost ruined his legacy with this seasons performance, and the summers antics is really sad.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.