Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 31 and is far from finished. Lampard is 38 , Kneville was 37 when he retired , Carragher 37.

The point I am trying to make is that we either move on together with him at the helm or adios.

Ross Barclay could help to replace Yaya long term. He has the stature and ability.

He has had a bloody awful year of that there is no doubt. Are we giving up on Zabba and the captain then.

If he wants to stay and go again I'm in.

toffee balls said:
He is 31 and is far from finished. Lampard is 38 , Kneville was 37 when he retired , Carragher 37.

The point I am trying to make is that we either move on together with him at the helm or adios.

Ross Barclay could help to replace Yaya long term. He has the stature and ability.

He has had a bloody awful year of that there is no doubt. Are we giving up on Zabba and the captain then.

There is a difference between Zab+Vinny compared to Yaya...EFFORT. City fans are forgiving of poor performances but a simple lack of effort is not acceptable.

toffee balls said:

12 months ago he was one of the best players in the world. He can be that again if he works. Still waiting

toffee balls said:
I am not convinced he has give up just yet.

He is a soft arse , we all know that.

Like I say , we are at a crossroads with him.

Admire your loyalty but for me he is too great a risk. I feel like when he can't be arsed we are literally playing with 10 men....add Dzeko to the side and its 9 and a massive reason why we haven't performed. Plus think it will be better all round before he completely ruins all our memories of him. Still love him....just but needs to go for everyones sake.

The issue is his wages in the new contract his fat agent re-negotiated.

It seems we can't pay a player 220k/week and bench him for certain games.

We should have never done it.

If not for that it would be more reasonable to say keep Yaya for next season but play him in fewer games.

He looks to me like he hates football at the moment and I can understand that.

So do I.

They are flogged to death and there is no let up. The global product is huge , huge business and they are the water carriers.

Factor in his personality , his family situation (he has a special needs kid and is still grieving his brother) , 3 AFONs in 4 years and a world cup last year , trips to Abu Dhabi and end of season trips to the states at the very end of this season . Our players look dead on their feet and they need a bloody rest.

They are flesh and blood you know.

toffee balls said:

So do I.

They are flogged to death and there is no let up. The global product is huge , huge business and they are the water carriers.

Factor in his personality , his family situation (he has a special needs kid and is still grieving his brother) , 3 AFONs in 4 years and a world cup last year , trips to Abu Dhabi and end of season trips to the states at the very end of this season . Our players look dead on their feet and they need a bloody rest.

Retire then ( He has more than enough money to do so ) Think youre on the wind up anyway.

Life kicks you in the balls sometimes and family tragedy is something many people have to endure.
Yaya is very fortunate to be in the position he is in and to get paid handsomely for playing a sport.
I'd have gotten rid of him after cakegate.

Stephenhakin said:
toffee balls said:

So do I.

Retire then ( He has more than enough money to do so ) Think youre on the wind up anyway.

You got me there fella.

You at the match Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.