Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's left a very sour flavour in my mouth .
Him and his agent are trying to drive his value down .
Unlike Tevez we should try and get a very good price for him .
We should get at least 20 million for him .

Other than the before mentioned great memories Yaya was exceptional last season. Played nearly every game and scored a crazy amount of goals as a midfieldplayer.
He than played the World Cup and Africa Cup during his continuing minutes in the City side. Wonder how many players did so and were able to hold on to some form.

It's more because of the noises Yaya and his tool of an agent make outside the game that makes many are so eager to see him go. Too eager imo.

If he goes we better make sure we get someone in who will do better. That will be a challenge by itself. Let alone ajusting to our team or life in England when it's an abroady. I'd be a bit more carefull to wish Yaya out.

Yaya, like Tevez, has been one of the best players I've seen at City in the 35+ years I've been watching. He is one of the major reasons we have won every domestic trophy in the time he has been with us. On Saturday I thought if the manager, whoever that may continue to be, sets the team up correctly and uses Yaya with 2 covering midfielders there is still no one better in this league in that role.

Then I flick between Barca and Bayern tonight and see their top players, players who continue to do it at the very top level, play at levels above Yaya and with the immense work rates. I've just seen that Goofy racist sprint back 50 years into his own half to close an opponent down. I remember the Barca players flying into tackles in the last minutes against us when the tie was over. Similar in the Madrid derby last week.

That's the perceived difference with players like Yaya. Perhaps we don't see or appreciate it but there is a reason Barca let him go and a reason Real, Bayern never came in for him at any point since.

Great player and deserves to be remembered for what he has done for us but it's probably time to move on.

Tanzeylee said:
Marvin said:
I think you're all madder than Yaya's agent

Who do you think would buy Yaya?

PSG...
12 months ago maybe. Absolutely not now. And that goes for any well run top club.

His only chance of a move is if his agent creates such a stink that they think City will let him go on loan or a free. Not going to happen. We rode it out last year, and same will happen this season. This time he has no alternative to get fit or effectively call time on his career. He'll get his act together, but there might be a bit of bluster first

eversince 76 said:
Other than the before mentioned great memories Yaya was exceptional last season. Played nearly every game and scored a crazy amount of goals as a midfieldplayer.
He than played the World Cup and Africa Cup during his continuing minutes in the City side. Wonder how many players did so and were able to hold on to some form.

It's more because of the noises Yaya and his tool of an agent make outside the game that makes many are so eager to see him go. Too eager imo.

If he goes we better make sure we get someone in who will do better. That will be a challenge by itself. Let alone ajusting to our team or life in England when it's an abroady. I'd be a bit more carefull to wish Yaya out.

Sorry mate, you are hankering over past glories with Yaya and therefore appear blinkered to what most are seeing week in week out. As a player he has regressed physically and mentally and now looks totally unfit. It's not the physical element that most on here are concerned about, its his lack lustre performances and poor attitude. As a modern day (and highly paid athlete), that is totally unacceptable.

In his pomp (which, IMO he would unlikely return to), I agree finding a replacement would prove more difficult. Finding a replacement who is better today, take your pick.

Let go, he aint coming back.

mosssideblue said:
eversince 76 said:

Sorry mate, you are hankering over past glories with Yaya and therefore appear blinkered to what most are seeing week in week out. As a player he has regressed physically and mentally and now looks totally unfit. It's not the physical element that most on here are concerned about, its his lack lustre performances and poor attitude. As a modern day (and highly paid athlete), that is totally unacceptable.

In his pomp (which, IMO he would unlikely return to), I agree finding a replacement would prove more difficult. Finding a replacement who is better today, take your pick.

Let go, he aint coming back.

Agree no one likes the latest version of Yaya with his arsehole of an agent.
We should always remember without him it may now be 38 years going on 39 and 44 years going on 47.
Its not his fault the manager wont drop him. Look to Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.