Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants a last payday, so he is challanging the club to make an offer...

His agent is a pain but at the end of the day he is trying to get the best for his client..

I reckon Yaya would prefer to stay, that is why he has been talking about ambassador roles etc..

If the offer doesnt come in then he will go elsewhere, hence the statements in the past week..

Toure has been angling for this move away since his birthday card outburst 14 months ago.

The Italian papers, especially the Milan based Gazzetta dello Sport has been running stories that Mancini and Thohir have been on the case to sign him for months now (4, i think) and it's quite obvious that the 2 have spoken (Mancini/Toure) this year.

I agree with the majority on here who believe the best option is for him to be gone next month. His play certainly over the last 4 months has been well below his usually high standard and he has become a liability to the club.

if, as it seems, Toure quite fancies a shot at Serie A, then I suggest we milk Mancini's desire to be reunited with him by playing hardball. The negotiations should focus on getting one of their top players eg Hernanes or Guarin (the choice is yours) in an exchange deal that would work to our advantage.

Inter are having a pisspoor season. some 30+ points behind Juventus and they are desperately keen to sign him as one of the players that are needed to strengthen their squad next season. Mancini is under severe pressure but it seems that this episode has brought the owner Thohir onside and is prepared to give him another season following their 3 hr meeting yesterday .

I for one am heartily sick of the antics of him and his agent.

He has had a piss poor season, falls over if you breathe on him, strolls around letting others do the donkey work and has given up taking free kicks.

We should have sold him last close season after the previous outburst over his birthday.

Marvin said:
I don't think it's worth analysing anything Yaya says.

He talks about challenges and motivation. How about you just get fit.

I wish fans would stop talking about selling him. You can't unless someone bids for him.

Clubs are likely to bid wef May>>.

Inter likely to bid, possibly a Prem Lge club perhaps.

I just hope we get a decent sum.

PSG coming in for him is the best we could hope for. After last night they're going to want to improve with big signings and i could actually see Yaya working quite well in their setup. They are the only club who could pay what he's worth without us practically giving another top player away. Or we could angle for a swap deal, any of Verratti/Matuidi whilst not Pogba would fit in well for us and it's an area we need numbers in, we're woefully short in that area. Alternatively somebody like Lucas Moura or Marquinhos(unlikely) would be great. Inter have nothing to offer but a typically Italian derisory offer.

I'd be very surprised if PSG were willing to let either Veratti or Matuidi leave in return for Toure.

I can't be arsed with any more Yaya antics and I can't be arsed with his agent. Lets just let him go to somewhere where he won't annoy us anymore.

Ric said:
I'd be very surprised if PSG were willing to let either Veratti or Matuidi leave in return for Toure.

Add to that l would be very surprised I PSG didn't attempt to try and get Pogba. Leaving us to pay the same sort of money for bloody Barkley ...

Seems to be a pretty obvious game of brinksmanship where the agent is doing everything possible to force Yaya out of the club, without handing in a transfer request so he loses his lovely loyalty bonus. The club want him gone as well, but can't admit it as it will cripple his value. I just can't be arsed with him any more, the utter lack of respect for the club is pretty sickening. I have to admit that I never really took to Yaya, even when he was at his best he had an attitude that didn't really appeal to me in the way that some of the other players do, but I really can't be fucked with him any more. It'll be hard to even remember him fondly after all this shit to be honest, which is a real shame as what he's helped the club do deserves a better legacy than the one he's going to leave.

Ric said:

I think if PSG is indeed in for him, he'll be the replacement for Thiago Motta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.