Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

I think his departure will allow us the opportunity to rebuild and refresh what has become a stale,predictable and,frequently lethargic,midfield.
He's an amazing talent at his best but,more often of late,he's becoming an increasing liability........I see him as very high maintenance and i honestly believe we can become a more cohesive collective without his presence.

With wise choices.......I see a future without Yaya as very much a positive.

City Watch @City_Watch · 56m 56 minutes ago
According to Gazzetta, the deal for Yaya (including wages) would cost Inter £43.6m over a 4-year deal. Inter met his agent and are serious.

sam-caddick said:
According to Gazzetta, the deal for Yaya (including wages) would cost Inter £43.6m over a 4-year deal. Inter met his agent and are serious.
Hmm sounds like a good amount but wonder how much of that is in transfer fees to us.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
sam-caddick said:
Hmm sounds like a good amount but wonder how much of that is in transfer fees to us.

Well if he earns £250,000 per week with us then that's £12M pa so if he's on similar there that leaves £30Mish as a transfer fee.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
sam-caddick said:

lets see, he has 2 years remaining on a 240k per week contract. thats 12.5M a year, so he will earn a total of 25M with his City contract.

So it could be Inter offering 30-32M over 4 years, leaves around 11-13M for the fee, which should translate into 15-20m euro, which is roughly what I would expect to get for him

1.618034 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

Well if he earns £250,000 per week with us then that's £12M pa so if he's on similar there that leaves £30Mish as a transfer fee.

But over a 4 year deal that would be£48m ! So that would be a wage cut and f*ck all to us. That sounds right.

Wreckless Alec said:
1.618034 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

But over a 4 year deal that would be£48m ! So that would be a wage cut and f*ck all to us. That sounds right.

Said this in another thread; Txiki got £13m for Rodwell who had played about 10 full games in 5 years and £25m for a striker with a broken foot who hadn't scored in 6 month. We're no longer in the business of throwing away people.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11509752/Manchester-City-transfer-news-Inter-Milan-preparing-bid-for-Yaya-Toure-according-to-reports-in-Italy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Italy.html</a>

Telegraph running it too

Yaya is the most complete footballer of all time. You have to be mad to sell him even if he is not in his best shape at the moment.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
Yaya is the most complete footballer of all time. You have to be mad to sell him even if he is not in his best shape at the moment.
I would not go that far. But by far the most influential player we have ever had. Not this season though. Been useless and therein lies the explanation for our struggles. We've missed the old Yaya

I suspect the manager and coaching staff have a good idea of his intentions and what the outlook is for next season. We need to know now

We can't have a situation when the Summer Transfer windows and we have birthdaygate or some new incarnation of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.