Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Yaya has been amazing for City and has shown us some memorable performances. Conversely, and more recently, he is showing a side of him that many find a little unpalatable and, whilst we wish those signs didn't exist, they do, and the club has a big decision to make this summer.

There is no doubt that on his day, he is formidable, and the decision City have to make is will they see those performance levels again. His age next season will be a factor as will any outside interest.

I don't personally agree to reshaping the team or formation to accommodate him, as that will only be a short term solution, which would possibly stunt the development of the team and individuals.

I also cannot See Yaya accepting a role as an impact sub, so to me there is only one outcome which is we replace Yaya (which will have to happen at some point anyway), and we start again with new blood.

There are younger and hungrier animals out there and whilst it will be a sad day when he goes, it will be for the benefit of the club.

yayas trusty right foot said:
I think we should try and keep him, he is still an amazing player on his day and has won many games for us..

He needs to be used in a different way as he gets older to get the best from him..

As far as his high wages is concerned, he has been worth every penny..
Unfortunately for us, 90% of the positives in this post come in the past tense.

If Ya Ya does leave in the summer then it would mean a complete rethink of how we play. Ya Ya cannot be replaced like for like, i would hope the powers that be have plans in place because i think our style of play will alter radically, at the moment Ya Ya is key to our style of play, when in the mood he dictates the tempo and keeps the ball moving. personally i think the team set up this season has expected far to much of Ya Ya and his midfield partner. However the question must be asked, is he a luxury we no longer can afford, i am of the opinion that not only does the selling price have to be beneficial to us but also the club must be certain that they have quality replacements coming in. If he does leave then i hope the buisiness is completed early in the window so that potential replacements have a full pre season with the squad.

col1n said:
If Ya Ya does leave in the summer then it would mean a complete rethink of how we play. Ya Ya cannot be replaced like for like, i would hope the powers that be have plans in place because i think our style of play will alter radically, at the moment Ya Ya is key to our style of play, when in the mood he dictates the tempo and keeps the ball moving. personally i think the team set up this season has expected far to much of Ya Ya and his midfield partner. However the question must be asked, is he a luxury we no longer can afford, i am of the opinion that not only does the selling price have to be beneficial to us but also the club must be certain that they have quality replacements coming in. If he does leave then i hope the buisiness is completed early in the window so that potential replacements have a full pre season with the squad.
I don't kno why people say this: the Yaya of 4 years ago: Sure it'd be tough to replace that mixture of passing, power, speed and direct drive. The Yaya of last year: excluding the free kicks and penalties, sure you can. The Yaya of this year could be easily replaced by at least 50 different Players. The present Yaya is a ball passing CM with good vision, and a poor defensive rate. There are lots of players who can do that well.

So replacing Yaya will not be that big of a deal: as even we have lost the Yaya of 3 years ago to age. So we don't have that imaginary problem of replacing what we don't have.

Mancini stating no negotiations at present but he's ready to open them if we are willing to sell.

If Milan get serious i hope the talks begin.

It's frightening how many City fans have completely lost the plot. One of the best players in world football and City fans are clamouring for him to go....wtf The guy was THE best midfielder in premier league football only last season. He hasn't quite hit the same heights this season but he was always going to struggle to match that. Our dip in form this season coincided with Yaya's departure to ACON prior to a blistering run of form prior to him leaving for ACON.

How much would it cost to replace Yaya, I dread to think, and that at a time when we no longer have the funds to outbid rivals for the top players. I would far rather add to our options WITH Yaya, than replace him.

Yaya is 31 and yet this week all I have been hearing is how important Micahel Carrick is to the rags at 33 (nearly34) ! ycnmiu one player over the hill and past it, another key to the rags recent revival, albeit one is two years younger.

Clearly at some point the time will come when we have to replace Yaya and I struggle to see how you will ever replace someone with that power, pace, skill and goalscoring ability as well as the knack of scoring 'heavy' goals.

Yaya has never been a box to box midfielder who tracks back but then we have had a dm in de jong, Garcia and now Fenando doing that job. If every midfielder did a tracking back job then Juan Mata, Oscar, Silva, Coutinho, Erikssen would never play and all we'd have are teams full of Barton's and Cattermoles.

What we need to do is look at the right blend and team structure as well as picking teams for the occasion and Yaya toure would still be in my team pretty much every single game.

Blue Mooner said:
It's frightening how many City fans have completely lost the plot. One of the best players in world football and City fans are clamouring for him to go....wtf The guy was THE best midfielder in premier league football only last season. He hasn't quite hit the same heights this season but he was always going to struggle to match that. Our dip in form this season coincided with Yaya's departure to ACON prior to a blistering run of form prior to him leaving for ACON.

How much would it cost to replace Yaya, I dread to think, and that at a time when we no longer have the funds to outbid rivals for the top players. I would far rather add to our options WITH Yaya, than replace him.

Yaya is 31 and yet this week all I have been hearing is how important Micahel Carrick is to the rags at 33 (nearly34) ! ycnmiu one player over the hill and past it, another key to the rags recent revival, albeit one is two years younger.

Clearly at some point the time will come when we have to replace Yaya and I struggle to see how you will ever replace someone with that power, pace, skill and goalscoring ability as well as the knack of scoring 'heavy' goals.

Yaya has never been a box to box midfielder who tracks back but then we have had a dm in de jong, Garcia and now Fenando doing that job. If every midfielder did a tracking back job then Juan Mata, Oscar, Silva, Coutinho, Erikssen would never play and all we'd have are teams full of Barton's and Cattermoles.

What we need to do is look at the right blend and team structure as well as picking teams for the occasion and Yaya toure would still be in my team pretty much every single game.
Spot on,defies fuckin belief he's in everyones to sell list.Fuckin clueless !

I think the problem is that almost everybody believes him to be a world class attacking threat and ball retainer but see that he costs us dearly in his defensive application. Even as "not a defensive mid", if you're in a midfield two then you have a responsibility to track runners stood next to you into our box.

Nobody really wants him go particularly, but if we can get one of our highest earners off the books with a £20-30m fee at the age of 32 (next month) then we'd be negligent to our business realities to not at least consider it. We could bring in a replacement who is a little more suited to our game and make a profit on the transaction.

On the other hand, if he wants to stick around and we can find a way to play to his strengths better than we are doing then we should keep him. It would be nice to have him as a long term City player until retirement though he doesn't seem as settled at City as we all wish that we would be and losing him at 34 for nothing when he could go at 32 for almost £30m is a big decision to make in terms of his impact in those two years. Especially as his wages in that time will probably be £20m

We're in a good position here. We have no pressure to let him go and we can work around him if he wants to stay on our terms.

Nobody really wants to see him out the door because we think he's wank, only that it might be in the best interests of City over the longer term ti put a square peg in a square hole rather than the rhombus that Yaya is.

Thenumber1blue said:
Blue Mooner said:

Spot on,defies fuckin belief he's in everyones to sell list.Fuckin clueless !

Sorry guys, you are just looking back at what Yaya used to do for us. He is no longer capable of doing what he did 3 or 4 years ago. Truth is he was a world class player, he no longer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.