Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want someone to say that they want Yaya to stay at Manchester City. Yaya is a legend at the club. All the supporters like him, he's helped them make history.”

Oh aye. How would they go about doing that? With a new massively-inflated contract? What if they said 'Here, Yaya. We want you to stay. Sign this 4 year deal that puts you in the same wage bracket as our youth'... Would he sign it? Nah...

47089-Theres-no-cure-for-being-a-cun-ZmXR.gif

Been an absolute monster for this club and will go down as one of (if not the) main catalysts (player wise) for our club's rise to the top.

Unfortunately he's no longer the player he was and regardless of his legendary status and the respect I have for him as a player, he's no longer good enough to boss our midfield.

Time for him to get his coat.

I'd accept 10m for him, or be happy to use him in a trade situation.

Stoned Rose said:
Been an absolute monster for this club and will go down as one of (if not the) main catalysts (player wise) for our club's rise to the top.

Unfortunately he's no longer the player he was and regardless of his legendary status and the respect I have for him as a player, he's no longer good enough to boss our midfield.

Time for him to get his coat.

I'd accept 10m for him, or be happy to use him in a trade situation.

He probably still is the player he was last season. I find it hard to believe anyone can go from the very highest standard to mediocrity in the space of a summer!

The sad thing is that he just can't be bothered. Our "project" doesn't "challenge" him anymore so why should he be prepared to put in a shift for his team mates or the fans.

He left our club 10 months ago but Pellegrini continued to pick him every week! It's a shame but send him off to Italy with Tevez. Lost all respect for two City legends, sad.

If you were told you were not wanted by the fans of the club you played for, how would you react ?

Why do people not pick up on the following quotes ' Mancini is a mentor for me, he is a special coach. It is no secret that I loved the time when he was boss here, in the same way I love playing for city today

'As I have said before I owe it to the City fans to fight just until the end of my career at this club'

As someone said earlier it is physiologically I don't believe to be THE best midfielder in the premier league in 2014 then decline to be as some would have you believe a liability in 2015.

Anyone remember when the rags were booing Ryan Giggs back in 2003 ? If only they had managed to force him out of the club.

Yaya Toure has Jerome Boateng written all over it. Some City fans just do not appreciate qualiy even if it smacked them in the face.

As for letting him go for 10m !!? Do me a favour, what sort of charity do you think MCFC are ? As for saving his wages you won't save all his wages as you have to pay someone else, even if they are a lesser light you my save 3-4 million. Pittance when you are losing a player of his quality and experience and buying an unknown entity in the premier league.

Blue Mooner said:
If you were told you were not wanted by the fans of the club you played for, how would you react ?

Why do people not pick up on the following quotes ' Mancini is a mentor for me, he is a special coach. It is no secret that I loved the time when he was boss here, in the same way I love playing for city today

'As I have said before I owe it to the City fans to fight just until the end of my career at this club'

As someone said earlier it is physiologically I don't believe to be THE best midfielder in the premier league in 2014 then decline to be as some would have you believe a liability in 2015.

Anyone remember when the rags were booing Ryan Giggs back in 2003 ? If only they had managed to force him out of the club.

Yaya Toure has Jerome Boateng written all over it. Some City fans just do not appreciate qualiy even if it smacked them in the face.

As for letting him go for 10m !!? Do me a favour, what sort of charity do you think MCFC are ? As for saving his wages you won't save all his wages as you have to pay someone else, even if they are a lesser light you my save 3-4 million. Pittance when you are losing a player of his quality and experience and buying an unknown entity in the premier league.

Fucking A, other players have been a liability as has the manager, but no its Yaya that's the problem.

Blue Mooner said:

He did great things in crucial matches but we must move on now. Have you not looked at the utter crap he has been spouting for the last year about our club. The City fans have been unbelievably forgiving towards him from the flippin ''birthday cake'' rubbish onwards. He clearly does not respect the club and get the best price for him before he grinds to a complete halt.

Blue Mooner said:

You do know how old he is don't you?

Yaya's a problem, he's on probably the most at the club and he's about to turn 32. I don't think he's got it in him to play week in, week out in a midfield two because he doesn't do enough defensively and has seemingly lost his ability to win us games.. whether that's with a free kick or an open play goal.

There's nothing wrong in letting him go now, he's had 5 great years here and we need to start getting younger and injecting more pace, mobility into the side.. something he doesn't have and something that hurts us in a midfield two.

I'm interested to know how many times this season we've pushed him further forward and had the two Fern's behind him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.