Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dasblues said:
avoidconfusion said:
To the person who asked who could replace his skillset in a 2 man midfield? I don't think a 2 man midfield with Toure is working anyway so that point is a bit moot for me. There are enough similar players out there to buy and maybe adapt the system a little bit to make it work with them (Koke, Pogba...)

I don't buy into the whole "irreplaceable" thing. The only exception might be someone like Messi perhaps although I am 99.9% Barcelona would be fine if they didn't have him anymore.

Liverpool and Spurs did not even try to replace Suarez or Bale, they used the money to buy 3-4 players rather than a replacement.

The point I am making is, Yaya Toure has been average to good this season, nowhere near the player he was last year or the year before.
He looks completely disinterested and the verbal diarrhea that is now coming from his camp YET AGAIN is just emphasizing, in my opinion, that his time should be up here.

Big clubs sell big players all the time.

Only if they have a replacement lined up, get it wrong an it can set you back seasons....just ask Arsenal

I don't think anyone's recommending we sell 2-3 of our top players every season and replace them with kids from ligue 2.

Blue Mooner said:
avoidconfusion said:
dasblues said:
Fact is, without him we wouldn't have won ANY trophies in the last four seasons...

2011 Match winning goals in the semi and final
2012 Match winning goals in the game that put the title in our favour
2014 Unbeleivable goal to equalise in the final , a game we never looked like getting back in.
Match winning performance in the game that put the title back in our favour.

He will be massively missed when he goes, yes he can be a cnut at times but he is irreplacable in my eyes.

From all the stuff coming out in the press from him and his agent it seems like they realise that he isn't the player he was. He isn't able (or willing?) to play in a two man midfield so we should have changed our system to accomodate our best player.

Noone is irreplaceable

Mmmm Ask Liverpool or Spurs that after they sold Suarez and Bale.

The reality is there are only a few 'crack' players out there and unfortunately, Real Madrid, Barca & Bayern Munich have most of them.

Some of our fans are advocating selling one of our 'crack' players in Yaya Toure, who I refuse to believe has suddenly gone from world beater to also-ran simply because he is about to hit 32 !!

Not only that, they are advocating selling hime for £10 million. Seriously, if that is all we can get for him you are better keeping hold. In what is a poor season for him he has still scored some storming goals, has passing ability like no other player and crucially has experience that money simply can't buy.

Some City fans are soooo shortsighted and knee jerk it beggars belief.

How about we buck the trend, back the player, let him know how valued he is and we may just see the Yaya of last year next season. It's a trait of African players that they need to feel 'loved' by the fans to be their best so get behind the lad and you may see the best of Yaya. That is after all as a City fan what you would rather happen surely ?

He's had 45,000 of us chanting his name and dancing around for the last 3/4 years.

Now he's thrown his toys out of the pram because we wouldn't let him leave last season. Inventing a story about the club forcing him to go on a post-season trip instead of mourning the death of his brother was the lowest of the low. The club has allowed Tevez to go and see his family in Argentina several times. Zabaleta, Pellegrini and Mancini have all missed games mid-season if I remember correctly for family reasons but clearly we forced Toure to stay.

He's a ****, simple as that really and like with Tevez all I can say is fuck off and take your shit elsewhere.

He has....and more importantly his agent acted like a prize prick at times but that seems to be the case with a lot of top players, ego's as big as their wallets!

I think he has been the stand out buy since the takeover you only have to look at results when he is missing to see that and the goals he has scored in big games to win us trophies.

If he can't operate box to box any more and do the tracking back you fit him into the side where he is most effective and let lesser players do the donkey work. His passing and finishing are on the whole first class, a good manager would find a system to fit a player like Toure into his team.

avoidconfusion said:
To the person who asked who could replace his skillset in a 2 man midfield? I don't think a 2 man midfield with Toure is working anyway so that point is a bit moot for me. There are enough similar players out there to buy and maybe adapt the system a little bit to make it work with them (Koke, Pogba...)

I don't buy into the whole "irreplaceable" thing. The only exception might be someone like Messi perhaps although I am 99.9% Barcelona would be fine if they didn't have him anymore.

Liverpool and Spurs did not even try to replace Suarez or Bale, they used the money to buy 3-4 players rather than a replacement.

The point I am making is, Yaya Toure has been average to good this season, nowhere near the player he was last year or the year before.
He looks completely disinterested and the verbal diarrhea that is now coming from his camp YET AGAIN is just emphasizing, in my opinion, that his time should be up here.

Big clubs sell big players all the time for the right money.

What is the point in selling a player of Yaya's quality for 10million. I hear wages may be saved but that's irrelevant when you need to find minimum 50-60m plus wages to replace him in the midfield.

Blue Mooner said:
avoidconfusion said:

Big clubs sell big players all the time for the right money.

What is the point in selling a player of Yaya's quality for 10million. I hear wages may be saved but that's irrelevant when you need to find minimum 50-60m plus wages to replace him in the midfield.
Because the 10 million outlay would be used to pay off the initial year of the new players amortisation cost and I would assume the new player would be on a structured deal where bonuses are key and be on a basic wage of less than Yaya's £10million a year hence bringing our total salary cost down.

Not to mention it would mean we could build for the future.

fatbloke said:
waspish said:
fatbloke said:
Samir Nasri has better passing statistics this season in terms of assists, key passes and passing accuracy.

Next?

"Range!"

You're still talking bollocks pal.

Kolarov has a far better "range", he regularly aims for that c**t in the crane above the South Stand.

yep your right but his passing doesn't go to a player.. yaya has been the same Player since he came here of the ball he is poor and doesn't track back in it he is world class and proved it every year..

waspish said:
fatbloke said:
waspish said:

Kolarov has a far better "range", he regularly aims for that c**t in the crane above the South Stand.

yep your right but his passing doesn't go to a player.. yaya has been the same Player since he came here of the ball he is poor and doesn't track back in it he is world class and proved it every year..

Either way you're wrong.

Kolarov and Hart have a better passing range, Nasri and Fernando have better passing accuracy.

Anyway joking aside, he's still a ****.

dasblues said:
Fact is, without him we wouldn't have won ANY trophies in the last four seasons...

2011 Match winning goals in the semi and final
2012 Match winning goals in the game that put the title in our favour
2014 Unbeleivable goal to equalise in the final , a game we never looked like getting back in.
Match winning performance in the game that put the title back in our favour.

He will be massively missed when he goes, yes he can be a cnut at times but he is irreplacable in my eyes.

From all the stuff coming out in the press from him and his agent it seems like they realise that he isn't the player he was. He isn't able (or willing?) to play in a two man midfield so we should have changed our system to accomodate our best player.

Not wanting a keyboard war with you but :

The matches you are quoting, Yaya scored is the only fact you can claim. To say we wouldn't have won anything without them can only be supposition.
He will be missed when he goes for the job he did for us to winning the 2013-2014 season. He will not be missed for his contributions this year.
He is 32 soon. We haven't done well in Europe at all. Why would we change our game ethos to suit a player in the twilight of his career.
Yaya of two or three years ago would have been difficult to replace like for like. Today, there are many who can do a better job than what Yaya is doing and who will have more commitment than him, so irreplaceable is a weak argument.

He can no longer do what he used to do, and taking off your blue specs, you will eventually see that

fatbloke said:
waspish said:
fatbloke said:

Either way you're wrong.

Kolarov and Hart have a better passing range, Nasri and Fernando have better passing accuracy.

Anyway joking aside, he's still a ****.

I'd argue that Fernando and Mangala have a better passing range too, some of their long passing has been sublime this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.