Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mosssideblue said:
I respect your opinion mate but you want to blame everyone else except Yaya, despite most trying to point out the obvious. You live with your past memories, as we will. But we now see a totally different Yaya to what you do. He is a detriment to the team and IMO the reason for many others not reaching their potential this season. As everyone will, we are greatful for what he has done for us, but that was the past. Yaya is not needed for the future, particularly his attitude.

Yes, he did play much better last week which, in my mind makes it worse.

If this was true then does it not point to the manager being completely inept for continually picking him if it is so obvious to everyone else?

Completely inept managers do not win doubles in their first year don't you think?

They do if Brendan Rodgers is managing your closest rivals.... ;)

dasblues said:
Fact is, without him we wouldn't have won ANY trophies in the last four seasons...

2011 Match winning goals in the semi and final
2012 Match winning goals in the game that put the title in our favour
2014 Unbeleivable goal to equalise in the final , a game we never looked like getting back in.
Match winning performance in the game that put the title back in our favour.

He will be massively missed when he goes, yes he can be a cnut at times but he is irreplacable in my eyes.

From all the stuff coming out in the press from him and his agent it seems like they realise that he isn't the player he was. He isn't able (or willing?) to play in a two man midfield so we should have changed our system to accomodate our best player.

Noone is irreplaceable

avoidconfusion said:
dasblues said:
Fact is, without him we wouldn't have won ANY trophies in the last four seasons...

2014 Unbeleivable goal to equalise in the final , a game we never looked like getting back in.

He will be massively missed when he goes, yes he can be a cnut at times but he is irreplacable in my eyes.

From all the stuff coming out in the press from him and his agent it seems like they realise that he isn't the player he was. He isn't able (or willing?) to play in a two man midfield so we should have changed our system to accomodate our best player.

Noone is irreplaceable

Have you been watching Cardiff much?

mosssideblue said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mosssideblue said:
I respect your opinion mate but you want to blame everyone else except Yaya, despite most trying to point out the obvious. You live with your past memories, as we will. But we now see a totally different Yaya to what you do. He is a detriment to the team and IMO the reason for many others not reaching their potential this season. As everyone will, we are greatful for what he has done for us, but that was the past. Yaya is not needed for the future, particularly his attitude.

Yes, he did play much better last week which, in my mind makes it worse.

If this was true then does it not point to the manager being completely inept for continually picking him if it is so obvious to everyone else?

Completely inept managers do not win doubles in their first year don't you think?

So why does he keep picking him then? Could it be that he likes what he sees and has no problems with him?

waspish said:
fatbloke said:
waspish said:
still is and has the best range of passing at the club 32 is not old

Samir Nasri has better passing statistics this season in terms of assists, key passes and passing accuracy.

Next?

"Range!"

You're still talking bollocks pal.

Kolarov has a far better "range", he regularly aims for that **** in the crane above the South Stand.

avoidconfusion said:
dasblues said:

Noone is irreplaceable

I would argue agaist that in his case.

Who in world football (that we could get) could come into our present side and play in a two man midfield and replace the skillset that he offers?

We will need to change to a three man midfield or buy more midfielders that suit 4-4-2

avoidconfusion said:
dasblues said:

Noone is irreplaceable

Mmmm Ask Liverpool or Spurs that after they sold Suarez and Bale.

The reality is there are only a few 'crack' players out there and unfortunately, Real Madrid, Barca & Bayern Munich have most of them.

Some of our fans are advocating selling one of our 'crack' players in Yaya Toure, who I refuse to believe has suddenly gone from world beater to also-ran simply because he is about to hit 32 !!

Not only that, they are advocating selling hime for £10 million. Seriously, if that is all we can get for him you are better keeping hold. In what is a poor season for him he has still scored some storming goals, has passing ability like no other player and crucially has experience that money simply can't buy.

Some City fans are soooo shortsighted and knee jerk it beggars belief.

How about we buck the trend, back the player, let him know how valued he is and we may just see the Yaya of last year next season. It's a trait of African players that they need to feel 'loved' by the fans to be their best so get behind the lad and you may see the best of Yaya. That is after all as a City fan what you would rather happen surely ?

To the person who asked who could replace his skillset in a 2 man midfield? I don't think a 2 man midfield with Toure is working anyway so that point is a bit moot for me. There are enough similar players out there to buy and maybe adapt the system a little bit to make it work with them (Koke, Pogba...)

I don't buy into the whole "irreplaceable" thing. The only exception might be someone like Messi perhaps although I am 99.9% Barcelona would be fine if they didn't have him anymore.

Liverpool and Spurs did not even try to replace Suarez or Bale, they used the money to buy 3-4 players rather than a replacement.

The point I am making is, Yaya Toure has been average to good this season, nowhere near the player he was last year or the year before.
He looks completely disinterested and the verbal diarrhea that is now coming from his camp YET AGAIN is just emphasizing, in my opinion, that his time should be up here.

Big clubs sell big players all the time.

avoidconfusion said:
To the person who asked who could replace his skillset in a 2 man midfield? I don't think a 2 man midfield with Toure is working anyway so that point is a bit moot for me. There are enough similar players out there to buy and maybe adapt the system a little bit to make it work with them (Koke, Pogba...)

I don't buy into the whole "irreplaceable" thing. The only exception might be someone like Messi perhaps although I am 99.9% Barcelona would be fine if they didn't have him anymore.

Liverpool and Spurs did not even try to replace Suarez or Bale, they used the money to buy 3-4 players rather than a replacement.

The point I am making is, Yaya Toure has been average to good this season, nowhere near the player he was last year or the year before.
He looks completely disinterested and the verbal diarrhea that is now coming from his camp YET AGAIN is just emphasizing, in my opinion, that his time should be up here.

Big clubs sell big players all the time.

Only if they have a replacement lined up, get it wrong an it can set you back seasons....just ask Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.