Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
depps said:
BringBackSwales said:
depps said:
And the main statistic you are missing is that we completely dominated this match as opposed to the United match so he was bound to have more of the ball - we had 70 odd percent possession.

He was no better today than against United and wasn't tested at all defensively so wasn't shown up in that regard.

We'll see how he does against Villa if they turn up and he is asked to do some work

he played well and put in a good shift, you begrudging pillock

Begrudging pillock? Because I don't share your opinion of Yaya's performance today?

Believe me I'd love to see him back to his marauding best but he isn't and I don't think his performance today was some kind of indication that he is on his way back to his best either - and in far from the only one that thinks this.

We'll see how he does against Villa and then Spurs. I hope he smashes it against both of them but I'm not expecting it

I've given him untold stick this week, but he played well today and put some proper effort into it. That's all there is to it

depps said:
BringBackSwales said:
depps said:
And the main statistic you are missing is that we completely dominated this match as opposed to the United match so he was bound to have more of the ball - we had 70 odd percent possession.

He was no better today than against United and wasn't tested at all defensively so wasn't shown up in that regard.

We'll see how he does against Villa if they turn up and he is asked to do some work

he played well and put in a good shift, you begrudging pillock

Begrudging pillock? Because I don't share your opinion of Yaya's performance today?

Believe me I'd love to see him back to his marauding best but he isn't and I don't think his performance today was some kind of indication that he is on his way back to his best either - and in far from the only one that thinks this.

We'll see how he does against Villa and then Spurs. I hope he smashes it against both of them but I'm not expecting it

West Ham were poor today, extremely so. I think it's wise we don't start jumping the gun saying Yaya is back or played anywhere near his best today.

I agree with you 100% would love to see him back to his best but today was no indication at all that's the case.

For me the game last week at Old Trafford was the one where I thought Yaya would step up and show everyone he's still got it, which sadly I don't think he has. I don't think it's lack of heart or a poor attitude either. Watching him for Ivory Coast he was the exact same. I just think the years have finally caught up with the great man.

spanishblue said:
Blue Llama said:
Summed up his attitude for me on the 52nd minute when we had a corner. He strolled into the box with his back to the corner. Players started to move and ran past him clearly indicating the corner was coming in - he still had his back to the ball.

And the gut busting run 10min from time ?

I want 100% all the time. Not just when it gives him a chance for the spectacular.

He was better today but agree we shouldn't judge on one game. The extra player in midfield helped and West Ham were absolutely dire. Do think though that the right time is in the summer to cash in.

depps said:
OB1 said:
depps said:
I didn't think he played well today, not by the standards he has set for himself in the past anyway.

What did he do so well today that he didn't do against Utd that has people going on about a good performance?

5 shots, 119 passes (112 completed), today. 2 shots, 44 passes (36 completed). Average passes per game this season: 90. The stats emphasize what you should have been able to spot with your own eyes: Yaya was much better today than last week and more involved in the game than normal.

OK. You clearly are not worth wasting time on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.