Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Blue Shield said:
Rolee said:
Matt the Giant said:
I actually agree with number 6. He has had four good seasons for us, but only one truly great.
2010/11 - 6 goals, 7 assists
2011/12 - 6 goals, 8 assists
2012/13 - 6 goals, 4 assists
2013/14 - 20 goals, 9 assists

The jury is still out on his fifth, but I think it's already safe to say it won't be another great one, and I'd consider us lucky if we get another good one out of him.

Oh, and to see him wear the captains armband hurts. It's a slap in the face of every City fan.

You do realise he's a deep lying midfield playmaker right? Them stats are hardly relevant now are they?

Why let what's happened off the pitch cloud your view of what happens on it? Some people it seems are more concerned with the football circus than the actual football itself.

He's a deep lying midfielder who does very little work off the ball, the only thing you can really judge him on are his attacking stats.

So we should judge him like we judge a forward? Where's the stat for when he pulls of a defence splitting pass like the one against the rags recently as an example? Where are his passing stats in general? He's been consistently the best passer of the ball in the Prem for the last 4 years. I recently read an article that claimed he covered the most distance out of any City player in the Prem last season, not bad for a lazy **** eh?

Matt the Giant said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
1) He's a selfish tw*t
possibly
2) He's a prima donna
possibly
3) He's obviously after one last big pay day
possible
4) I don't who is thicker him or his fat-headed agent
jury's still out
5) It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see him lead the team out in Vinnies's absence .... it's so wrong and sends a negative message to the dressing room....
He's not captain material
6) he had one great season ..
Don't be silly

I actually agree with number 6. He has had four good seasons for us, but only one truly great.
2010/11 - 6 goals, 7 assists
2011/12 - 6 goals, 8 assists
2012/13 - 6 goals, 4 assists
2013/14 - 20 goals, 9 assists

The jury is still out on his fifth, but I think it's already safe to say it won't be another great one, and I'd consider us lucky if we get another good one out of him.

Oh, and to see him wear the captains armband hurts. It's a slap in the face of every City fan.
In our 2011-12 title winning season he played a big part in a 3-0 home win against Stoke where we only just failed to beat the Premier League highest passes in a game (i think we were a 'teen away from an Arsenal game from 2004) and in that game he had the highest passes in any game from any player in the Prem as an individual (was it 127?). His greatest ever performance in a City shirt was in that same season at home to United (1-0), he scored both goals away at Newcastle in a very tight game to set up the final day v QPR...that's just three highlights from the top of my head from that season...even though he scored fewer goals in 2011-12, i would say that was as good a season as he had last season.

Plus last season there were a fair few games where he was no better than he has been in a few poor performances this season, but he popped up with a nice free kick goal and everyone forgot about how little impact he had other than that.

Rolee said:
Blue Shield said:
Rolee said:
You do realise he's a deep lying midfield playmaker right? Them stats are hardly relevant now are they?

Why let what's happened off the pitch cloud your view of what happens on it? Some people it seems are more concerned with the football circus than the actual football itself.

He's a deep lying midfielder who does very little work off the ball, the only thing you can really judge him on are his attacking stats.

So we should judge him like we judge a forward? Where's the stat for when he pulls of a defence splitting pass like the one against the rags recently as an example? Where are his passing stats in general? He's been consistently the best passer of the ball in the Prem for the last 4 years. I recently read an article that claimed he covered the most distance out of any City player in the Prem last season, not bad for a lazy **** eh?

Arrrh no dawg! You don't pass that bit in bold off as a fact.

Stats please.

Rolee said:
Blue Shield said:
Rolee said:

So we should judge him like we judge a forward? Where's the stat for when he pulls of a defence splitting pass like the one against the rags recently as an example? Where are his passing stats in general? He's been consistently the best passer of the ball in the Prem for the last 4 years. I recently read an article that claimed he covered the most distance out of any City player in the Prem last season, not bad for a lazy c**t eh?
\

I agree with what you have said but against top level Champions League opposition it can be like playing with ten men with Yaya because he so poor off the ball.

Yaya is fine when we dominate at least 55%-60%+ of the ball.

I would use Yaya as an impact sub against the top teams in Europe and start out with the grafters.

Kun Aguero said:
tommybooth said:
Brian the snail this season.

bugsyblue said:
Smiling and laughing at the end. Fuck off yaya. Wish we had sold him

Lythamblue said:
May as well have played with 10 men and then he stands laughing and hugging pep at the end, better not say what I want with emotions very raw at the moment! Wanker

spongebob123 said:
The invisible player returns. Laughs and jokes with the opponent team at the end. Wouldn't particularly care if his contract didn't get renewed.

Matt the Giant said:
Why the fuck didn't we sell him this summer?

Rating today: -10

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Said we should have got shot.

A fucking passenger.

Add that to shocking fitness and couldn't give a shit attitude, he and Nasri continue to steal a living.

chris8910 said:
he is a grade A C**t
laughing and joking with pep fuck off yaya you c**t

Barry Conlons wig said:
He should never pull on a shirt again, he is lazy, petulant and down right not interested,
I couldn't believe we brought Dzeko off before him, he was absolutely abysmal.

RandomJ said:
He's checked out completely. He doesn't give a fuck about playing for us anymore and put in zero effort yet again. Should have sold him in the summer when we could have got good money. Should be dropped to train alone while we throw cakes at the lazy twat till he bucks up his ideas.

sh249 said:
Said at the time, thought we missed a chance in the summer to move him on. He's been fabulous for us, and will rightly go down as one of the greatest players we've ever had. But I can't see a place for him in the side against the top sides in Europe. Can't use him in a midfield two, and not good enough further forward.

Watching him trundling around in that position for the last 25 minutes while Silva was stuck out on the left wing was enough to nearly make my head explode.

Bluestones said:
Plays like a lazy overweight plank then celebrates with Bayern manager at the end. Time we got rid of him and his effing ego and his birthday cake.

Lavinda Past said:
He's a useless arrogant wage-thieving shiftless bastard. We should drop him permanently and pay someone to take him off our hands in January.

I genuinely hate the ****. I don't care if I never see him again.

spanishblue said:
The hardest work he did all night was licking Peps arse........ ****

MC ID said:
It's fucking stupid. Reckon if we weren't playing with ten men we could of won. I don't blame Yaya to be honest, I don't think he could of made it anymore clear he wanted off the pitch. The fact he didn't play against Arsenal for a full 90 must of been a clerical error.

jollylescott said:
There is a thing called pride in the shirt, and as a consequence feeling gutted if you lose.

That is utterly disgraceful and sends a very poor message that he doesn't care whether we win or lose.

bitsmith said:
Absolute disgrace tonight. After such "don't give a shit" performance I could live without seeing him ever in City shirt.

eastmanc said:
Think Yaya thinks he is doing us a favour playing for us, if he does get rid. Felt sorry for the rest of the team tonight.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Low life ****. How can you watch someone next to you working his fucking guts off (fernandinho) and just casually stroll about not giving a fuck? Tgis prick got a rest on saturday for that. Rat

ChichesterBlue said:
£300k pw for that performance? I couldn't give a shit about people saying "he's carried us enough in the past" - for £300k per week and supposedly world class you're supposed to be a leader in the team every week.

I don't mind if someone has a poor performance...that's not the issue people are making on here - it's the fact he's clearly overweight and just isn't putting the effort in. This is from a player who never had a game at the weekend so should be fresh. Putting our best player (Silva) onto the left to make room for that lazy f*ck was just a bad decision.

No surprise that we looked much more solid in the 2nd half in the middle of the pitch with Milner & Fernandinho....

Get rid of him - been a great player for us, but his time is at and end....Fernando & Fernandinho for me.

TFC said:
He's a c**t. Said so in the summer and seen nothing so far this season to change my mind. Fat lump having a jog in circles in a game as big as that? We should have fucked him off in the summer...hope he proves me wrong but I think we will regret not doing so.

Ray78 said:
We are stuck with him until January.

Bobbins said:
Yaya made Mario look like a grafter tonight !! Maybe he was just fucked and should have been substituted ?? But if you are playing you could at least look interested and put some effort in, Milner's piss must be boiling when he watches such an obvious lack of effort and he can't get a game !!

mr_daydream.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.