Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

de niro said:
117 M34 said:
de niro said:
you are right in the fact he's getting back to his best. the reasons though are more likely to be that he wants to impress suitors.

So cynical. Why not give credit where it is due?
It's as if he wasn't the most important player in our most successful season for over 40 years. Some people have short memories.

He goes from outstanding to mard arse to can't be arsed and then back to outstanding.

Great as we benefit from it but make no mistake he wants away,which is fine if done the right way.

This^^^^

80s Shorts said:
dobobobo said:
80s Shorts said:
His young brother died from cancer just a short while ago. Maybe, just maybe he is getting through his grieving and starting to feel like himself again.

Usually I steer clear or this subject, but seeing as I keep seeing it as ammo in this thread...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html</a>

But he chose to go to the World Cup. If he did not chose, why did he not have a go at his FA? If he has, please share a reliable source, as I am not aware of it.

His father advised him to go. It must have been a difficult decision. His brother also told him to go.

Nobody knows the details or his brothers prognosis around or before time but we are in no position to judge.

For you to try to denigrate him over this is pretty disgusting imo.

Like I said, I don't like discussing this part of the debate, but seeing as fellow members of your society kept bringing it up in December 2014, I couldn't ignore it.

In response I say, please point out where City acted differently to any other law abiding UK employer?

As for your last line, yet another assumption made in response to one of my posts.

dobobobo said:
80s Shorts said:
dobobobo said:
Usually I steer clear or this subject, but seeing as I keep seeing it as ammo in this thread...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html</a>

But he chose to go to the World Cup. If he did not chose, why did he not have a go at his FA? If he has, please share a reliable source, as I am not aware of it.

His father advised him to go. It must have been a difficult decision. His brother also told him to go.

Nobody knows the details or his brothers prognosis around or before time but we are in no position to judge.

Like I said, I don't like discussing this part of the debate, but seeing as fellow members of your society kept bringing it up in December 2014, I couldn't ignore it.

In response I say, please point out where City acted differently to any other law abiding UK employer?

As for your last line, yet another assumption made in response to one of my posts.

Seriously mate, are you smoking crack?

Where has anyone suggested that City "acted any differently to any other law abiding UK employer"?

Rolee said:
dobobobo said:
80s Shorts said:

Where has anyone suggested that City "acted any differently to any other law abiding UK employer"?

Hahaha why are you members of the Yaya appreciation soceity so sensitive?

Read the article, or atleast the start of the article. City had the right to say no, just like any other employer can in the UK. Yaya, didn't like it so he went to the press about it.

dobobobo said:
Rolee said:
dobobobo said:

Hahaha why are you members of the Yaya appreciation soceity so sensitive?

Read the article, or atleast the start of the article. City had the right to say no, just like any other employer can in the UK. Yaya, didn't like it so he went to the press about it.

Me questioning whether you're smoking crack suggests to you that I'm sensitive?

You are a really strange fish. I'm out.

he's a wonderful player but it went to his head. any other club would have buckled and granted him that move. he and the rest of football now know that you don't bully Manchester city. it doesn't work. you want a new challenge? fine, just meet the chairman with your agent, accept the loss of your "loyalty" bonus and move on. everybody would thank you for your efforts and wish you all the best for the future.

what you don't do is dream up some half baked cake story (pardon the pun). you don't swan off to be courted by the proposed new employer and you don't use the illness (at the time) of a sibling in an attempt to strengthen your arm.
last and not least you don't under circumstances to it the week the team had won a second premiership title, talk about taking the gloss off. pathetic.

good player, great player, glad we have him, but don't anyone try and tell me he's not a ****.
those that blow smoke up his arse after all this are entitled to their opinion. as am i.

de niro said:
he's a wonderful player but it went to his head. any other club would have buckled and granted him that move. he and the rest of football now know that you don't bully Manchester city. it doesn't work. you want a new challenge? fine, just meet the chairman with your agent, accept the loss of your "loyalty" bonus and move on. everybody would thank you for your efforts and wish you all the best for the future.

what you don't do is dream up some half baked cake story (pardon the pun). you don't swan off to be courted by the proposed new employer and you don't use the illness (at the time) of a sibling in an attempt to strengthen your arm.
last and not least you don't under circumstances to it the week the team had won a second premiership title, talk about taking the gloss off. pathetic.

good player, great player, glad we have him, but don't anyone try and tell me he's not a c**t.
those that blow smoke up his arse after all this are entitled to their opinion. as am i.

It only took the gloss off, if you let it. Conversely, you could have looked at it (as I did) that he has an agent with previous and it was the agent, not Yaya, that came up with the half arsed cake story alongside all the other bullsh*t.

Yaya is a footballer who let's an agent take care of the business side. The fact that the agent concocted all that cr*p is not Yaya's fault.

The fact he's still here and hasn't got a an improved contract (unlike Rooney when he threatened to join, us, the rags arch rivals) is enough to convince me he is happy to stay at City and his performances to date only serve to vindicate that.

Fair play to Yaya, never seen him defend and chase down opponents like he has done the last two games. He also seems to have picked up the pace in moving the ball about and being more direct with it.

He's obviously going to struggle in Europe though if we really want to aim for Quarters and onwards. Long term we need to look for a quality central midfielder.

Blue Mooner said:
de niro said:

good player, great player, glad we have him, but don't anyone try and tell me he's not a c**t.

It only took the gloss off, if you let it. Conversely, you could have looked at it (as I did) that he has an agent with previous and it was the agent, not Yaya, that came up with the half arsed cake story alongside all the other bullsh*t.

Yaya is a footballer who let's an agent take care of the business side. The fact that the agent concocted all that cr*p is not Yaya's fault.

The fact he's still here and hasn't got a an improved contract (unlike Rooney when he threatened to join, us, the rags arch rivals) is enough to convince me he is happy to stay at City and his performances to date only serve to vindicate that.

You could look at it like that, but it's a little naive. Do you think everything that went on in the summer did so with Yaya's approval? Agents don't just go around tarnishing their clients for kicks, it was part of a plan they were both privy too. Unless a situation exists in which his agent actually has full control of his career for some reason or another, there is no way to absolve Yaya of blame.

Remember that his agent also made Yaya a laughing stock. One of the reasons his PSG ploy failed so spectacularly is the press at large were struggling to take him seriously. I presume Dimitri is still his agent so the question would then be, if you employed an agent who of his own accord humiliated you to everyone in football without your say so, would you still employ him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.