Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

FantasyIreland said:
Burtonblue said:
At last we are seeing signs of the Yaya of old.
I admit to have being massively critical of his behaviour in the summer and was more than keen for the club to get rid.
He does seem to have regained his appetite in recent times. I just wonder if his brother's death may have affected his behaviour more than some of us believed.
Until a few weeks I would have been happy to see the back of him in the January transfer window but now I'm not so sure.

A definite improvement in his attitude and his contribution on the pitch,which i'm very happy about.
The reason? I think its recently dawned on him that he'll never have it better anywhere else,hence, also,the extra effort, on such sites as Twitter,in forming a rapport and building bridges with the fans.
I am still not sure I can ever forgive him for the antics in the summer but maybe I am being harsh. He did lose his brother and maybe we didn't allow for this with our collective reaction to the nonsense that followed.
Good to see he is trying to tidy things up and really looks settled again.

That pass to Aguero for Jovetic's goal.... there's nobody else in the league that plays it. Seriously, he's a master of 'curled, pinged, incisive, forward passes'. I don't know what to call them, but nobody else does it like Yaya.

forevermancity said:
We're not really here said:
There are a hell of a lot of people looking rather silly on here. Up there with the greatest players in the clubs history and starting to get back to his best again.

Yeah, those who back him over the club STILL look silly

It's fuck all about backing him over the club. It's about wanting Yaya to stay because he's fucking world class.

de niro said:
Balti said:
what a pass

what a player

what a guy

hope he stays for the remainder of his career

yes
yes
c**t
no chance.

His young brother died from cancer just a short while ago. Maybe, just maybe he is getting through his grieving and starting to feel like himself again.

de niro said:
forevermancity said:
We're not really here said:
There are a hell of a lot of people looking rather silly on here. Up there with the greatest players in the clubs history and starting to get back to his best again.

Yeah, those who back him over the club STILL look silly

its ALWAYS the club.

Always.

80s Shorts said:
de niro said:
Balti said:
what a pass

what a player

what a guy

hope he stays for the remainder of his career

yes
yes
c**t
no chance.

His young brother died from cancer just a short while ago. Maybe, just maybe he is getting through his grieving and starting to feel like himself again.

Usually I steer clear or this subject, but seeing as I keep seeing it as ammo in this thread...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html</a>

But he chose to go to the World Cup. If he did not chose, why did he not have a go at his FA? If he has, please share a reliable source, as I am not aware of it.

dobobobo said:
80s Shorts said:
de niro said:
yes
yes
c**t
no chance.

Usually I steer clear or this subject, but seeing as I keep seeing it as ammo in this thread...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/318473.html</a>

But he chose to go to the World Cup. If he did not chose, why did he not have a go at his FA? If he has, please share a reliable source, as I am not aware of it.

Since that the club have put together an interview with him that they put on the OS to attempt to clear the air. We have also had Pellegrini come out and say he was grieving and saying he needs support.

Is that not clear evidence of the club backing him?

As for the idiot argument of always back the club, everyone on here is a City supporter ( bar the odd imposter ) of course they back the club.

Rolee said:
dobobobo said:
80s Shorts said:

Since that the club have put together an interview with him that they put on the OS to attempt to clear the air. We have also had Pellegrini come out and say he was grieving and saying he needs support.

Is that not clear evidence of the club backing him?

As for the idiot argument of always back the club, everyone on here is a City supporter ( bar the odd imposter ) of course they back the club.

Exactly and if the club wanted him to go, I would back the City in that decision, but they don't and neither do the majority of fans, even if some of them were slightly insulted by the antics in the summer. It's just simple immaturity to hold this grudge.

If you back the club then you should back the fact that they want a world class player to stay at the club.

Tricky_Trev said:
That pass to Aguero for Jovetic's goal.... there's nobody else in the league that plays it. Seriously, he's a master of 'curled, pinged, incisive, forward passes'. I don't know what to call them, but nobody else does it like Yaya.

I believe the so called experts like to refer to them as fizzed. :)

He can at times be frustrating to watch but seconds later will score out of nothing, and in reality these are the players what are a cut above the rest. When he's on his game there is no stopping him he's a one off and is superb, I cant understand how any City fan would like to see him go. He's one of our elite players along with Kun and Silver - you just don't offload these players without having someone to take that batton and who is on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.