Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
schfc6 said:
I know a rag, an ex season ticket holder. Decent amature footballer, he considers Ya Ya to be the best player in the league and as good as he's seen.

Maybe he can't rat around like Mark Nobal, but I'm yet to see a player influence a game like he does....

His effect on the minds of others should not be underestimated. Every rag I know is shit scared of Ya Ya (and Silva and Kun), and I wonder if some of their players don't allow that same inferiority complex to affect them when they play us. I know I used to panic when cross eyed Clarence used to get the ball in our half during the mid 90's.
No-one in English football in the last 5 years has come close to being able to run a game like Ya Ya, whatever his other shortcomings, and I still hope he will see his contract out with us

I am sure that he scares the United team, I firmly believe that we have had the upper hand of them of late because they know we are better than them and we know it too.

Yaya is not perfect but he is brilliant. I have been saying for some time that he is the best all round player in the league. I have despaired over the years at the lack of appreciation he gets on this forum. That third goal yesterday, very few midfield players (or even strikers) would have scored it: the way he accelerated towards the end of his run to make space and be available for Jimmy's pass and how he took it on and dispatched it with his weaker foot - superb.

People love to rave about Silva - I love to - but Yaya remains our most important player in my eyes. I really would not wish him gone too quickly.

City to discover fate over Yaya bid

Manchester City should discover in the next 24 hours if they can keep midfielder Yaya Toure for an extra seven days.
The powerhouse midfielder is due to meet up with the Ivory Coast national squad in Paris, this weekend, ahead of next month's African Cup of Nations.
City have made a request to keep Toure until after their FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday on January 4.
Toure, 31, has rediscovered his impressive form of last season in recent games, with three goals in his last three appearances at the Etihad Stadium.
The former Barcelona man was even made skipper for the weekend victory over Crystal Palace, and his departure will prove a huge loss to boss Manuel Pellegrini.
Toure could be absent for up to six weeks and the Citizens are still trying to broker an extended loan stay for veteran midfielder Frank Lampard.

Italian Manc said:

Manchester City should discover in the next 24 hours if they can keep midfielder Yaya Toure for an extra seven days.
The powerhouse midfielder is due to meet up with the Ivory Coast national squad in Paris, this weekend, ahead of next month's African Cup of Nations.
City have made a request to keep Toure until after their FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday on January 4.
Toure, 31, has rediscovered his impressive form of last season in recent games, with three goals in his last three appearances at the Etihad Stadium.
The former Barcelona man was even made skipper for the weekend victory over Crystal Palace, and his departure will prove a huge loss to boss Manuel Pellegrini.
Toure could be absent for up to six weeks and the Citizens are still trying to broker an extended loan stay for veteran midfielder Frank Lampard.
Agree for him to go after Sunderland. And hope he comes back early, fit and raring.

another brilliant performance and BANG what a goal

first pick on the team sheet for me still

the lazy fecker

Italian Manc said:

We do this dance every two years......and the answer's always no

Yaya is not perfect but he is brilliant. I have been saying for some time that he is the best all round player in the league. I have despaired over the years at the lack of appreciation he gets on this forum. That third goal yesterday, very few midfield players (or even strikers) would have scored it: the way he accelerated towards the end of his run to make space and be available for Jimmy's pass and how he took it on and dispatched it with his weaker foot.

Brilliantly put. He has been the most important player in the league for the past 4 years. His positioning, control, skill, passing range and goals make him the best footballer I have seen.

Yes, he has weaknesses. But his positive attributes more than make up for these.

Bluster said:
Yaya is not perfect but he is brilliant. I have been saying for some time that he is the best all round player in the league. I have despaired over the years at the lack of appreciation he gets on this forum. That third goal yesterday, very few midfield players (or even strikers) would have scored it: the way he accelerated towards the end of his run to make space and be available for Jimmy's pass and how he took it on and dispatched it with his weaker foot.

Brilliantly put. He has been the most important player in the league for the past 4 years. His positioning, control, skill, passing range and goals make him the best footballer I have seen.

Yes, he has weaknesses. But his positive attributes more than make up for these.

the ONLY critism he has endured on here is the way he and his agent tried to fuck us over. playing wise to a man i have only heard he's brilliant, not every week but as you say the good outweighs the bad.

Let me say that when Yaya moves on - he will be missed by us. Fans and The Cub. I know I have called him lazy , some times , - along with many on here - but
his contribution to our League titles and Cups has been immense. In a few years time we will be calling him a true City legend.
Think of the goals he has scored at Wembley for us.

Blimey didn't realise Yaya was banned for the Barca game..... bummer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.