Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Rammy Blue said:
Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:
Do you think he would have been rested if it was say Everton at home instead of Burnley?

Don't know, perhaps not.

What we're saying is surely he should have been on the bench.

In hindsight that seems sound, I'll give you that. But how do we know what the medics advised Pellegrini?

Rolee said:
Rammy Blue said:
Rolee said:
Don't know, perhaps not.

In hindsight that seems sound, I'll give you that. But how do we know what the medics advised Pellegrini?

Thing is though, he could have been on bench with every intention of not being used unless it was an emergency, it ended up being a game where he would have been used after an hour to try and regain control and would have been worth the risk.

Rammy Blue said:
Rolee said:
Rammy Blue said:

Thing is though, he could have been on bench with every intention of not being used unless it was an emergency, it ended up being a game where he would have been used after an hour to try and regain control and would have been worth the risk.

Like I said with hindsight that's great but really we should've had enough to hammer Burnley without the need to risk him.

chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
cookster said:
I agree it is a minor incident but it puts Pelle in a awkward position when he faces the press. The scum journos will run this as a mutiny story and you can bet it will be brought up in the pre-match presser and will get column inches.

No need once again Yaya.

All Pellers has to say is yes I rested him because he was carrying a minor injury and I felt it best not to risk him, like I've already fucking told you all, he is fine for the Sunderland game because the minor injury isn't affecting him anymore because he had a rest.

Footballers play with minor injuries all the time

Whatever happened, its a lack of communication somewhere that has cost us two points IMO

If you're saying we dropped two points against Burnley because Yaya wasn't playing, then we are in deep shit. The team that was announced was more than capable of winning that match, the fact we didn't is not because Yaya was not present.

Rolee said:
Rammy Blue said:
Rolee said:

Like I said with hindsight that's great but really we should've had enough to hammer Burnley without the need to risk him.

Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
Rammy Blue said:

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

What??!!!

We were undone because we switched off at halftime, thinking the job was done NOT because we went in with the wrong mindset.

I never take any game for granted, I'm too long in the tooth for that but I do know if we play to our best for 90 minutes at home versus Burnley with the XI that we put out then we should hammer them.

Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:

What??!!!

We were undone because we switched off at halftime, thinking the job was done NOT because we went in with the wrong mindset.

I never take any game for granted, I'm too long in the tooth for that but I do know if we play to our best for 90 minutes at home versus Burnley with the XI that we put out then we should hammer them.

That's some fine hair splitting. What's the difference ?

de niro said:
richards30 said:
Just can't understand why he felt the need to contradict the manager? !?!

really?

We know he wants out bill and im sure its been agreed he can go in the summer but why add extra media ammunition on the club? Yaya has been exceptional for us but also has to remember city have been as good for him? Was a dm squad player at barca and city built the team to suit and around yaya. It has been a fantastic combination but certainly tarnished in the summer and that's a huge shame. Has won trophies at city and been paid a fuck load of cash to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.