Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

80s Shorts said:
Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:
Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

What??!!!

We were undone because we switched off at halftime, thinking the job was done NOT because we went in with the wrong mindset.

I never take any game for granted, I'm too long in the tooth for that but I do know if we play to our best for 90 minutes at home versus Burnley with the XI that we put out then we should hammer them.

That's some fine hair splitting. What's the difference ?

You need to ask? We went into the game with the right mindset but at halftime we though the job was done and switched off.

Which bit are you struggling with?

Rolee said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
Like I said with hindsight that's great but really we should've had enough to hammer Burnley without the need to risk him.

Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

What??!!!

We were undone because we switched off at halftime, thinking the job was done NOT because we went in with the wrong mindset.

I never take any game for granted, I'm too long in the tooth for that but I do know if we play to our best for 90 minutes at home versus Burnley with the XI that we put out then we should hammer them.

with you here. i am old and never take city winning for granted. that said we were actually undone by the referee.

The manager does leave out players out of a squad if he thinks they need it..

Over recent weeks Clichy, Fernandinho and now Yaya have been left out of the squad..

Maybe the manager uses the injury excuse to stop the same question been asked ?

Rolee said:
80s Shorts said:
Rolee said:
What??!!!

You need to ask? We went into the game with the right mindset but at halftime we though the job was done and switched off.

If we switched off at half time then we had the wrong mind set. Simples.

80s Shorts said:
Rolee said:
80s Shorts said:

If we switched off at half time then we had the wrong mind set. Simples.

What has that got to do with what I said?

mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
All Pellers has to say is yes I rested him because he was carrying a minor injury and I felt it best not to risk him, like I've already fucking told you all, he is fine for the Sunderland game because the minor injury isn't affecting him anymore because he had a rest.

Footballers play with minor injuries all the time

Whatever happened, its a lack of communication somewhere that has cost us two points IMO

If you're saying we dropped two points against Burnley because Yaya wasn't playing, then we are in deep shit. The team that was announced was more than capable of winning that match, the fact we didn't is not because Yaya was not present.
The warning signs were there against WBA. I fully concur that if beating or drawing against relegation threatened Burnley at home comes down to whether Yaya is playing or not, we seriously are in deep du-du and god help us throughout January whilst he's away at ACON.

To suggest a Yaya-less City was the cause of what happened against Burnley is ridiculous. Yes he's an important member of our team, but his absence can't be blamed for the 2nd half collapse just in the same way his presence can't be blamed for the a similar 2nd half collapse against WBA.

We got complacent against WBA and just got through. Lesson learned? Hell no! Fast forward 2 days and we go and do the same thing again........ The players and coaching staff are equally responsible for what happened as clearly the players stopped performing and our coaches did little of any relevance to change the situation.

Dribble said:
mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

Whatever happened, its a lack of communication somewhere that has cost us two points IMO

If you're saying we dropped two points against Burnley because Yaya wasn't playing, then we are in deep shit. The team that was announced was more than capable of winning that match, the fact we didn't is not because Yaya was not present.
The warning signs were there against WBA. I fully concur that if beating or drawing against relegation threatened Burnley at home comes down to whether Yaya is playing or not, we seriously are in deep du-du and god help us throughout January whilst he's away at ACON.

To suggest a Yaya-less City was the cause of what happened against Burnley is ridiculous. Yes he's an important member of our team, but his absence can't be blamed for the 2nd half collapse just in the same way his presence can't be blamed for the a similar 2nd half collapse against WBA.

We got complacent against WBA and just got through. Lesson learned? Hell no! Fast forward 2 days and we go and do the same thing again........ The players and coaching staff are equally responsible for what happened as clearly the players stopped performing and our coaches did little of any relevance to change the situation.

We did the same against Palace too, if not for a poor decision from the linesman we might've missed out on all three in that one too. We didn't switch off to the same extent against Palace but the warning signs were evident in that one too.

Dribble said:
mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

It's completely unrealistic to expect us to dominate every game from minute 1 to minute 93, without giving the opposition any opportunities to score. Strikes me as lazy an argument as you can get when you start micro analysing matches and then lambasting the players/management because the game didn't unfold in the manner in which you expected it to. The opposition will always have a say.

With regards to complacency/luck - it's also fair to say we have been on the receiving end of some awful awful officiating this season which has cost us points up to and including Burnley. It's all part of the rich tapestry of Premier league football though.

Our capacity for blame during the most successful period in our history continues to amaze me.

Manager can't win

if a player like Aguero or Silva gets burned out and injured then he gets the blame. If we rest a player and we lose, he's to blame

I don't think it's right to play a player like Yaya Toure in every game over the holiday period. His game would suffer, and if he has some muscle fatigue then it's an easy decision to make

Remember the season we won the League under Mancini. Silva was in wondrous form as were City. And then around November onwards City stuttered as did Silva. City fans started to panic and burning Silva out was a big topic of discussion amongst City fans. It's a marathon.

Maybe the injuries of Silva earlier in the season and now Aguero are a blessing in disguise as these players will have less games in their legs? Overall of course I wish they were not injured, but if we can get through this period of games without losing too many points, we will be in a fantastic position when we're 100%

Dribble said:
mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.