Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Rolee said:
Zubrman said:
jimharri said:
Agreed. Why did he/his agent feel the need to post that tweet, knowing full well the trouble that may cause. Basically, he's contradicting what the manager said. Even if what he tweeted is true, he should have kept quiet.

Furthermore, why did the club feel the need to retweet it?

Because it's absolutely harmless and it reassures fans that believed he will miss the Sunderland game due to injury that he's ready to go for said game.

It's only mardarses reading into it something that it isn't.

Btw he's not contradicting Pellegrini, Pellegrini said he rested him because he felt a strain in his groin before the Baggies game, Yaya has reaffirmed that he was rested.

No, it cannot be that simple. This has to be a major conspiracy to hoodwink the brilliant minds of the Blue Moon masses.

OB1 said:
Rolee said:
Zubrman said:
Furthermore, why did the club feel the need to retweet it?

Because it's absolutely harmless and it reassures fans that believed he will miss the Sunderland game due to injury that he's ready to go for said game.

It's only mardarses reading into it something that it isn't.

Btw he's not contradicting Pellegrini, Pellegrini said he rested him because he felt a strain in his groin before the Baggies game, Yaya has reaffirmed that he was rested.

No, it cannot be that simple. This has to be a major conspiracy to hoodwink the brilliant minds of the Blue Moon masses.
Don't you think it's a legitimate talking point though? A lot of discussion has taken place in other threads regarding Yaya being rested/injured. The general consensus beforehand was the former and only afterwards did it become the latter.
Him tweeting what he did has only added to the the debate, without clearing anything up one way or another. It seems one side of the argument are using his words as validation for MP's comments whilst the other half are using them as verification that something more is going on.
Either way it doesn't particularly bother me as I would have left him out against Burnley anyway, mainly being so he could be fresh against Sunderland and avoid a silly yellow card that would have seen him suspended for that game. Only hindsight shows we could have done with him, but that was down to our own shortcomings on the day rather than falling apart due to him not playing.

Pablo1 said:
Don't you think it's a legitimate talking point though?

Not at all. We didn't drop points because Toure wasn't available and the manager is entitled to rest players at his discretion, especially with two games in 48 hours. The only reason it's a talking point is because people are trying to correlate the dropped points with Toure's absence. Which is a nonsense.

Still if we eradicated all the nonsense from Bluemoon there'd be little left, so on that basis carry on.

Mister Appointment said:
Pablo1 said:

Not at all. We didn't drop points because Toure wasn't available and the manager is entitled to rest players at his discretion, especially with two games in 48 hours. The only reason it's a talking point is because people are trying to correlate the dropped points with Toure's absence. Which is a nonsense.

Still if we eradicated all the nonsense from Bluemoon there'd be little left, so on that basis carry on.
Except my last paragraph agrees with you dickhead, so before you quote parts of posts trying to make yourself look clever, at least acknowledge those points.

Pablo1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Pablo1 said:

Except my last paragraph agrees with you dickhead, so before you quote parts of posts trying to make yourself look clever, at least acknowledge those points.

I'm not trying to make myself look like anything. You asked a question and I gave my opinion on it.

Oh and there was no need for the 'dickhead' comment. That's twice you've resorted to abuse and I've let it slide. There won't be a third time.

chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
Rammy Blue said:
Thing is though, he could have been on bench with every intention of not being used unless it was an emergency, it ended up being a game where he would have been used after an hour to try and regain control and would have been worth the risk.

Like I said with hindsight that's great but really we should've had enough to hammer Burnley without the need to risk him.

Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

That's so much bullshit: the manager constantly makes it clear that he does not take any team in the league for granted. However, given that he managed to win in Rome without Yaya, he is more than entitled to choose to protect Yaya from turning a twinge into something serious by resting him completely against Burnley.

He was entitled to do that in the knowledge that the team might well miss Yaya. We missed Yaya in the first half, IMO, but we still took a 2-0 lead, a lead that the players present should have been more than capable of holding and adding to but they didn't. That they didn't had nothing to do with the manager underestimating the opposition.

Someone earlier in the thread scoffed at the idea of Yaya being City's greatest ever player; well more fool them as far as I am concerned: Yaya is a contender because he is the most important player in the best City team ever, the fucking team revolves around him; that's why he plays more minutes than any other outfield player but he can't play every game and he does not need to, as Rome most recently proved, but rare will be the case when we are better without him.

Mister Appointment said:
Pablo1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

I'm not trying to make myself look like anything. You asked a question and I gave my opinion on it.

Oh and there was no need for the 'dickhead' comment. That's twice you've resorted to abuse and I've let it slide. There won't be a third time.
Crack on Billy, I'll always be available for you.

This complacency that keeps coming up is more to do with our style of play we are an attacking side we not a side to shut up shop that's why teams have chances against us when they have a go

oakiecokie said:
Fuck me there`s some wet vaginas on this forum !!
You concentrate on sinking plenty of Guiness and enjoying the new year festivities Oakie - in fact my train is just pulling into Glasgow so I shall do the same, hopefully avoid Ebola and see you all on the other side. All the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.