Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

de niro said:
Dribble said:
Mister Appointment said:
It's completely unrealistic to expect us to dominate every game from minute 1 to minute 93, without giving the opposition any opportunities to score. Strikes me as lazy an argument as you can get when you start micro analysing matches and then lambasting the players/management because the game didn't unfold in the manner in which you expected it to. The opposition will always have a say.

With regards to complacency/luck - it's also fair to say we have been on the receiving end of some awful awful officiating this season which has cost us points up to and including Burnley. It's all part of the rich tapestry of Premier league football though.

Our capacity for blame during the most successful period in our history continues to amaze me.
Its not about blame (your word NOT mine) its about responsibility. I cringed as I saw what was unfolding in the 2nd halves against both WBA and Burnley and what I saw was our levels of commitment and intensity drop way below the requirements of the Premier League.

From running rings around them for the majority of both first halves, they were doing the same to us jn the 2nd periods. I never 'expect' us to win every match we play as I'm still scarred by the many years of City cock ups to ever be so arrogant as to expect the opposition to just bend over and take one up the shitter just because the boys in sky blue have rolled into town.

I accept you were ok with what you saw as just 'part of the rich tapestry of the Premier League', but I would appreciate it if you could accept that I saw a worrying trend of us dropping too far below our own exacting standards against opposition that all things considered we should beat with the talent we had on the pitch and on the bench, strikers or no strikers.

No-one apart from your good self mentioned anything about Burnley not having a say or opportunities to score. Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about Burnley as any team in the Premier League is capable of beating any other. In fact any team in the world is capable of beating any other given a stroke of luck, but where I am concerned is when I see us being completely out fought and looking so disjointed in defence basically 3 games on the trot as I believe every single goal we score, concede and every point we win or drop will have a major effect where retaining our championship is concerned. One game ok, 2 games Mmmm, but not 3 and points being lost in the process. Its just plain sloppy and I expect better from us.

Evidently our opposition have sussed something out, so its time for our professionals to readjust what we're doing to counteract these Jackal and Hyde halves we've had over the last 3 games. Every last one of these games is going to count come the last day of the season.

another very good post.

Yeah, not often I agree with Dribble, but he's on the money, imo.

It is blatantly obvious to me that we still suffer from the same achilles heel of taking a game for granted when we get a couple of goals in the lead. A lot of the time we are good enough to see out games even if we do let the opposition get a goal back but we're just not good at shutting up shop. We seem to get stuck in the "stick or twist" scenario of not knowing whether to push on and keep attacking or to sit back.

It's definitely something that needs sorting out though as we all too easily slip into panic mode too often for my liking.

Marvin said:
Dribble said:
Mister Appointment said:
It's completely unrealistic to expect us to dominate every game from minute 1 to minute 93, without giving the opposition any opportunities to score. Strikes me as lazy an argument as you can get when you start micro analysing matches and then lambasting the players/management because the game didn't unfold in the manner in which you expected it to. The opposition will always have a say.

With regards to complacency/luck - it's also fair to say we have been on the receiving end of some awful awful officiating this season which has cost us points up to and including Burnley. It's all part of the rich tapestry of Premier league football though.

Our capacity for blame during the most successful period in our history continues to amaze me.
Its not about blame (your word NOT mine) its about responsibility. I cringed as I saw what was unfolding in the 2nd halves against both WBA and Burnley and what I saw was our levels of commitment and intensity drop way below the requirements of the Premier League.

From running rings around them for the majority of both first halves, they were doing the same to us jn the 2nd periods. I never 'expect' us to win every match we play as I'm still scarred by the many years of City cock ups to ever be so arrogant as to expect the opposition to just bend over and take one up the shitter just because the boys in sky blue have rolled into town.

I accept you were ok with what you saw as just 'part of the rich tapestry of the Premier League', but I would appreciate it if you could accept that I saw a worrying trend of us dropping too far below our own exacting standards against opposition that all things considered we should beat with the talent we had on the pitch and on the bench, strikers or no strikers.

No-one apart from your good self mentioned anything about Burnley not having a say or opportunities to score. Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about Burnley as any team in the Premier League is capable of beating any other. In fact any team in the world is capable of beating any other given a stroke of luck, but where I am concerned is when I see us being completely out fought and looking so disjointed in defence basically 3 games on the trot as I believe every single goal we score, concede and every point we win or drop will have a major effect where retaining our championship is concerned. One game ok, 2 games Mmmm, but not 3 and points being lost in the process. Its just plain sloppy and I expect better from us.

Evidently our opposition have sussed something out, so its time for our professionals to readjust what we're doing to counteract these Jackal and Hyde halves we've had over the last 3 games. Every last one of these games is going to count come the last day of the season.
Sometimes the players should carry the can. Sunday was one such day.
Its not about blame mate, its about collective responsibility. That draw was coming judging by the way we'd handled the previous 2 games. If we're collectively guilty if anything its, sloppiness and resting on our laurels.

Nothing that a good rocket up our collective backsides wouldn't cure...... :-)

Pablo1 said:
oakiecokie said:
Fuck me there`s some wet vaginas on this forum !!
You concentrate on sinking plenty of Guiness and enjoying the new year festivities Oakie - in fact my train is just pulling into Glasgow so I shall do the same, hopefully avoid Ebola and see you all on the other side. All the best :)

avoid Ebola in Glasgow aye very funny, why not just go the the whole hog with the idiocy and mention you will try to avoid refuse trucks as well

morton74 said:
Pablo1 said:
oakiecokie said:
You concentrate on sinking plenty of Guiness and enjoying the new year festivities Oakie - in fact my train is just pulling into Glasgow so I shall do the same, hopefully avoid Ebola and see you all on the other side. All the best :)

avoid Ebola in Glasgow aye very funny, why not just go the the whole hog with the idiocy and mention you will try to avoid refuse trucks as well

Don't be silly. Bin men won't be working tonight.

morton74 said:
Pablo1 said:
oakiecokie said:

You need to take a step back from the computer mate. Bringing up that Joke makes you look very very silly, especially when I've been to George Square this afternoon to lay flowers.
The chances of catching Ebola are minute to non existent so was said in jest.
Bizarre post from you.

Rammy Blue said:
morton74 said:
Pablo1 said:

maybe the mods will insist that only posters with an iq greater than their shoe size will be allowed to submit

Pablo1 said:
morton74 said:
Pablo1 said:

You need to take a step back from the computer mate. Bringing up that Joke makes you look very very silly, especially when I've been to George Square this afternoon to lay flowers.
The chances of catching Ebola are minute to non existent so was said in jest.
Bizarre post from you.

I dare you to say that to those affected in certain countries of the African continent.

Rammy Blue said:
morton74 said:
Pablo1 said:

The bin men were out in sunny Salford today, the feckers up Bury New Rd I feel sorry for.

morton74 said:
Rammy Blue said:
morton74 said:

maybe the mods will insist that only posters with an iq greater than their shoe size will be allowed to submit
Would that include MODs?

Yaya has performed to a level that he can be trusted to stay for the rest of the season. The only doubt is whether he will see out the remainder of his current deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.