Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Rolee said:
KippaxCitizen said:
OB1 said:
I think there are people who just want to find excuses to rubbish Pellegrini and refer to Yaya as if he is a woman's genitalia and that is why we have all this debate.
Or people just genuinely want to know whether he was or is injured or not, and that's it.

Is it really that difficult to work out?

He had a minor injury as the gaffer said, so he decided to rest him. He now doesn't have that minor injury as he has said. Simple.

I'm not sure what counts as an injury technically; maybe they don't know for sure what Toure felt - I have no idea if he had a scan of any sort after WBA - but they decided that he felt something and it warranted resting so that it did not become a bad strain or worse.

OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
Like I said with hindsight that's great but really we should've had enough to hammer Burnley without the need to risk him.

Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

That's so much bullshit: the manager constantly makes it clear that he does not take any team in the league for granted. However, given that he managed to win in Rome without Yaya, he is more than entitled to choose to protect Yaya from turning a twinge into something serious by resting him completely against Burnley.

He was entitled to do that in the knowledge that the team might well miss Yaya. We missed Yaya in the first half, IMO, but we still took a 2-0 lead, a lead that the players present should have been more than capable of holding and adding to but they didn't. That they didn't had nothing to do with the manager underestimating the opposition.

Someone earlier in the thread scoffed at the idea of Yaya being City's greatest ever player; well more fool them as far as I am concerned: Yaya is a contender because he is the most important player in the best City team ever, the fucking team revolves around him; that's why he plays more minutes than any other outfield player but he can't play every game and he does not need to, as Rome most recently proved, but rare will be the case when we are better without him.

Read the bit in bold again

Now, do you think that at 2-0 at home to a team that are far inferior to us, that we might have took our foot off the gas mentally?

My post had nothing to do with Yaya, like I said its fine to rest players providing the players selected go out with the right attitude, what other reason could there be for dropping 2 points at home after being so comfortable at half time?

And why on earth are we comparing an away game in Rome to a home game against Burnley? The way we set up was perfect for a tough away trip in Rome, where as Yaya is vital in home games against lesser opposition, as he is the reason we manage to protect the ball for most of the game

OB1 said:
Rolee said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Or people just genuinely want to know whether he was or is injured or not, and that's it.

Is it really that difficult to work out?

He had a minor injury as the gaffer said, so he decided to rest him. He now doesn't have that minor injury as he has said. Simple.

I'm not sure what counts as an injury technically; maybe they don't know for sure what Toure felt - I have no idea if he had a scan of any sort after WBA - but they decided that he felt something and it warranted resting so that it did not become a bad strain or worse.

I'm just going off what Pellegrini said post game

"Yaya felt a problem at the beginning of the last game against West Bromwich. He was not 100 percent so I think it was not good for him to play. It is a muscle injury in his groin."

Pablo1 said:
oakiecokie said:
Fuck me there`s some wet vaginas on this forum !!
You concentrate on sinking plenty of Guiness and enjoying the new year festivities Oakie - in fact my train is just pulling into Glasgow so I shall do the same, hopefully avoid Ebola and see you all on the other side. All the best :)

Cheers mate.It just pisses me of when people get so wound up ... over basically fuck all.Will be sinking a few Guinness tonight and no doubt being in bonnie Scotland you`ll get caught up in the whisky binging. ;) Have a good `un yourself.

chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

That's so much bullshit: the manager constantly makes it clear that he does not take any team in the league for granted. However, given that he managed to win in Rome without Yaya, he is more than entitled to choose to protect Yaya from turning a twinge into something serious by resting him completely against Burnley.

He was entitled to do that in the knowledge that the team might well miss Yaya. We missed Yaya in the first half, IMO, but we still took a 2-0 lead, a lead that the players present should have been more than capable of holding and adding to but they didn't. That they didn't had nothing to do with the manager underestimating the opposition.

Someone earlier in the thread scoffed at the idea of Yaya being City's greatest ever player; well more fool them as far as I am concerned: Yaya is a contender because he is the most important player in the best City team ever, the fucking team revolves around him; that's why he plays more minutes than any other outfield player but he can't play every game and he does not need to, as Rome most recently proved, but rare will be the case when we are better without him.

Read the bit in bold again

Now, do you think that at 2-0 at home to a team that are far inferior to us, that we might have took our foot off the gas mentally?

My post had nothing to do with Yaya, like I said its fine to rest players providing the players selected go out with the right attitude, what other reason could there be for dropping 2 points at home after being so comfortable at half time?

And why on earth are we comparing an away game in Rome to a home game against Burnley? The way we set up was perfect for a tough away trip in Rome, where as Yaya is vital in home games against lesser opposition, as he is the reason we manage to protect the ball for most of the game

Above your bit in bold you referred to the manager's mindset and it liked like you implied that he underestimated the opposition; did I get that wrong?

I'm pretty sure that one of our players said the manager told them at half-time not to give away an easy goal...

I know why Yaya is vital to the team but Burnley at home without Yaya should be an easier game than Roma away without Yaya. Also, Nasri, Nando, Dinho and Silva are all capable of matching Yaya in basic ball retention.

Mister Appointment said:
Dribble said:
mosssideblue said:
If you're saying we dropped two points against Burnley because Yaya wasn't playing, then we are in deep shit. The team that was announced was more than capable of winning that match, the fact we didn't is not because Yaya was not present.
The warning signs were there against WBA. I fully concur that if beating or drawing against relegation threatened Burnley at home comes down to whether Yaya is playing or not, we seriously are in deep du-du and god help us throughout January whilst he's away at ACON.

To suggest a Yaya-less City was the cause of what happened against Burnley is ridiculous. Yes he's an important member of our team, but his absence can't be blamed for the 2nd half collapse just in the same way his presence can't be blamed for the a similar 2nd half collapse against WBA.

We got complacent against WBA and just got through. Lesson learned? Hell no! Fast forward 2 days and we go and do the same thing again........ The players and coaching staff are equally responsible for what happened as clearly the players stopped performing and our coaches did little of any relevance to change the situation.

It's completely unrealistic to expect us to dominate every game from minute 1 to minute 93, without giving the opposition any opportunities to score. Strikes me as lazy an argument as you can get when you start micro analysing matches and then lambasting the players/management because the game didn't unfold in the manner in which you expected it to. The opposition will always have a say.

With regards to complacency/luck - it's also fair to say we have been on the receiving end of some awful awful officiating this season which has cost us points up to and including Burnley. It's all part of the rich tapestry of Premier league football though.

Our capacity for blame during the most successful period in our history continues to amaze me.
Its not about blame (your word NOT mine) its about responsibility. I cringed as I saw what was unfolding in the 2nd halves against both WBA and Burnley and what I saw was our levels of commitment and intensity drop way below the requirements of the Premier League.

From running rings around them for the majority of both first halves, they were doing the same to us jn the 2nd periods. I never 'expect' us to win every match we play as I'm still scarred by the many years of City cock ups to ever be so arrogant as to expect the opposition to just bend over and take one up the shitter just because the boys in sky blue have rolled into town.

I accept you were ok with what you saw as just 'part of the rich tapestry of the Premier League', but I would appreciate it if you could accept that I saw a worrying trend of us dropping too far below our own exacting standards against opposition that all things considered we should beat with the talent we had on the pitch and on the bench, strikers or no strikers.

No-one apart from your good self mentioned anything about Burnley not having a say or opportunities to score. Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about Burnley as any team in the Premier League is capable of beating any other. In fact any team in the world is capable of beating any other given a stroke of luck, but where I am concerned is when I see us being completely out fought and looking so disjointed in defence basically 3 games on the trot as I believe every single goal we score, concede and every point we win or drop will have a major effect where retaining our championship is concerned. One game ok, 2 games Mmmm, but not 3 and points being lost in the process. Its just plain sloppy and I expect better from us.

Evidently our opposition have sussed something out, so its time for our professionals to readjust what we're doing to counteract these Jackal and Hyde halves we've had over the last 3 games. Every last one of these games is going to count come the last day of the season.

Dribble said:
Mister Appointment said:
Dribble said:
The warning signs were there against WBA. I fully concur that if beating or drawing against relegation threatened Burnley at home comes down to whether Yaya is playing or not, we seriously are in deep du-du and god help us throughout January whilst he's away at ACON.

To suggest a Yaya-less City was the cause of what happened against Burnley is ridiculous. Yes he's an important member of our team, but his absence can't be blamed for the 2nd half collapse just in the same way his presence can't be blamed for the a similar 2nd half collapse against WBA.

We got complacent against WBA and just got through. Lesson learned? Hell no! Fast forward 2 days and we go and do the same thing again........ The players and coaching staff are equally responsible for what happened as clearly the players stopped performing and our coaches did little of any relevance to change the situation.

It's completely unrealistic to expect us to dominate every game from minute 1 to minute 93, without giving the opposition any opportunities to score. Strikes me as lazy an argument as you can get when you start micro analysing matches and then lambasting the players/management because the game didn't unfold in the manner in which you expected it to. The opposition will always have a say.

With regards to complacency/luck - it's also fair to say we have been on the receiving end of some awful awful officiating this season which has cost us points up to and including Burnley. It's all part of the rich tapestry of Premier league football though.

Our capacity for blame during the most successful period in our history continues to amaze me.
Its not about blame (your word NOT mine) its about responsibility. I cringed as I saw what was unfolding in the 2nd halves against both WBA and Burnley and what I saw was our levels of commitment and intensity drop way below the requirements of the Premier League.

From running rings around them for the majority of both first halves, they were doing the same to us jn the 2nd periods. I never 'expect' us to win every match we play as I'm still scarred by the many years of City cock ups to ever be so arrogant as to expect the opposition to just bend over and take one up the shitter just because the boys in sky blue have rolled into town.

I accept you were ok with what you saw as just 'part of the rich tapestry of the Premier League', but I would appreciate it if you could accept that I saw a worrying trend of us dropping too far below our own exacting standards against opposition that all things considered we should beat with the talent we had on the pitch and on the bench, strikers or no strikers.

No-one apart from your good self mentioned anything about Burnley not having a say or opportunities to score. Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about Burnley as any team in the Premier League is capable of beating any other. In fact any team in the world is capable of beating any other given a stroke of luck, but where I am concerned is when I see us being completely out fought and looking so disjointed in defence basically 3 games on the trot as I believe every single goal we score, concede and every point we win or drop will have a major effect where retaining our championship is concerned. One game ok, 2 games Mmmm, but not 3 and points being lost in the process. Its just plain sloppy and I expect better from us.

Evidently our opposition have sussed something out, so its time for our professionals to readjust what we're doing to counteract these Jackal and Hyde halves we've had over the last 3 games. Every last one of these games is going to count come the last day of the season.
Sometimes the players should carry the can. Sunday was one such day.

Dribble said:
Mister Appointment said:
Dribble said:

another very good post.

Would someone please be kind enough to summarise what exactly has been 'debated' since page 200?

Yaya was one booking away from suspension, this in my opinion was the most likely reason why he was rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.