Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:
Rolee said:
Because it's absolutely harmless and it reassures fans that believed he will miss the Sunderland game due to injury that he's ready to go for said game.

It's only mardarses reading into it something that it isn't.

Btw he's not contradicting Pellegrini, Pellegrini said he rested him because he felt a strain in his groin before the Baggies game, Yaya has reaffirmed that he was rested.

No, it cannot be that simple. This has to be a major conspiracy to hoodwink the brilliant minds of the Blue Moon masses.
Don't you think it's a legitimate talking point though? A lot of discussion has taken place in other threads regarding Yaya being rested/injured. The general consensus beforehand was the former and only afterwards did it become the latter.
Him tweeting what he did has only added to the the debate, without clearing anything up one way or another. It seems one side of the argument are using his words as validation for MP's comments whilst the other half are using them as verification that something more is going on.
Either way it doesn't particularly bother me as I would have left him out against Burnley anyway, mainly being so he could be fresh against Sunderland and avoid a silly yellow card that would have seen him suspended for that game. Only hindsight shows we could have done with him, but that was down to our own shortcomings on the day rather than falling apart due to him not playing.

Legitimate talking point? We live in a land of free speech so it is legitimate to talk about it if you choose. Do I think it is worth all the fuss? No, but maybe we will eventually find there is something sinister going on; however, I think there are people who just want to find excuses to rubbish Pellegrini and refer to Yaya as if he is a woman's genitalia and that is why we have all this debate.

OB1 said:
I think there are people who just want to find excuses to rubbish Pellegrini and refer to Yaya as if he is a woman's genitalia and that is why we have all this debate.

Careful mate, you can't go around telling the truth like that without warning people first. They get very pissy and abusive! ;)

OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Rolee said:
Like I said with hindsight that's great but really we should've had enough to hammer Burnley without the need to risk him.

Sounds like you went into the game with the same mindset as the manager

Once again we have been undone by underestimating the opposition

Resting players is fine in games like that but its important to make sure the players go out with the right attitude, in the second half that clearly wasn't the case

That's so much bullshit: the manager constantly makes it clear that he does not take any team in the league for granted. However, given that he managed to win in Rome without Yaya, he is more than entitled to choose to protect Yaya from turning a twinge into something serious by resting him completely against Burnley.

He was entitled to do that in the knowledge that the team might well miss Yaya. We missed Yaya in the first half, IMO, but we still took a 2-0 lead, a lead that the players present should have been more than capable of holding and adding to but they didn't. That they didn't had nothing to do with the manager underestimating the opposition.

Someone earlier in the thread scoffed at the idea of Yaya being City's greatest ever player; well more fool them as far as I am concerned: Yaya is a contender because he is the most important player in the best City team ever, the fucking team revolves around him; that's why he plays more minutes than any other outfield player but he can't play every game and he does not need to, as Rome most recently proved, but rare will be the case when we are better without him.
Here Here!

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
I think there are people who just want to find excuses to rubbish Pellegrini and refer to Yaya as if he is a woman's genitalia and that is why we have all this debate.

Careful mate, you can't go around telling the truth like that without warning people first. They get very pissy and abusive! ;)
But I don't come into either of those categories - I like Pelligini and will be gutted when Yaya eventually leaves. I get pissy when posters write shit alluding to me talking nonsense when I don't believe I have been. My response to you was just a bit more to the point than yours. :-)

OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:
No, it cannot be that simple. This has to be a major conspiracy to hoodwink the brilliant minds of the Blue Moon masses.
Don't you think it's a legitimate talking point though? A lot of discussion has taken place in other threads regarding Yaya being rested/injured. The general consensus beforehand was the former and only afterwards did it become the latter.
Him tweeting what he did has only added to the the debate, without clearing anything up one way or another. It seems one side of the argument are using his words as validation for MP's comments whilst the other half are using them as verification that something more is going on.
Either way it doesn't particularly bother me as I would have left him out against Burnley anyway, mainly being so he could be fresh against Sunderland and avoid a silly yellow card that would have seen him suspended for that game. Only hindsight shows we could have done with him, but that was down to our own shortcomings on the day rather than falling apart due to him not playing.

Legitimate talking point? We live in a land of free speech so it is legitimate to talk about it if you choose. Do I think it is worth all the fuss? No, but maybe we will eventually find there is something sinister going on; however, I think there are people who just want to find excuses to rubbish Pellegrini and refer to Yaya as if he is a woman's genitalia and that is why we have all this debate.
Nearly every thread on here as people taking an extreme view one way or another, this subject isn't much different. I tend to find myself on the middle ground on most, on this one it's more of a 'nothing to see here'
I do see there is scope on this one for people to be unsure though. That's where we differ I guess.

OB1 said:
Or people just genuinely want to know whether he was or is injured or not, and that's it.

KippaxCitizen said:
OB1 said:
Or people just genuinely want to know whether he was or is injured or not, and that's it.

too sensible that mate.

KippaxCitizen said:
OB1 said:

Is it really that difficult to work out?

He had a minor injury as the gaffer said, so he decided to rest him. He now doesn't have that minor injury as he has said. Simple.

Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:

Nearly every thread on here as people taking an extreme view one way or another, this subject isn't much different. I tend to find myself on the middle ground on most, on this one it's more of a 'nothing to see here'
I do see there is scope on this one for people to be unsure though. That's where we differ I guess.

Do we differ on that? I never said I could be certain of the facts but I am certain that agendas (for want of a better word) influence some folk.

OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
OB1 said:

Do we differ on that? I never said I could be certain of the facts but I am certain that agendas (for want of a better word) influence some folk.
That's it though, only some folk are using is an agenda whilst some more are genuinely wondering why the contradictions - if any.
It's gone now, hopefully he'll be rearing to go at Sunderland and that second half against Burnley will be a distant memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.