Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can play that role for the next 4 or 5 years as long as its accepted that others would have to do his defensive work and that the marauding runs will become a thing of the past.

he's already making a few tw*tish remarks now that he's away from the City squad .. IMO he has no respect for Man City, the fans or his teammates, the sooner we get rid of him the better, yes he's a match winner on his day and one of the best attacking midfielders around, but I rate him as very poor from a defensive perspective and he is in decline now .....

He's a PRIZE PR*CK, the c*nts getting paid an absolute fortune by City ... W*NKER!!

Stortz said:
We're not really here said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Having said I'd be happy for him to go, I've re-considered after I've een how we play without him. He makes everything tick in the centre of the park, taking the ball, distributing it, receiving it again, probing forward and having a shot. Unless we've got a replacement then we should keep him as long as we can.

Amen to this!
Yep, spot on

I think our record without him in the side especially in the past season and a half indicates why MP plays him and he is first picked when available.

Its not a good position to be in as he probably knows it and can take advantage of it to the detriment of the side on occasion.

Like a number of players he was out of form after the World Cup and seems to not be 100 per cent but has to play despite ongoin little niggles in the calf etc.

I have said many times the side needs a decent overhaul and despite our decent run to get back within shouting distance we have to have better than Navas and Sagna and Fernando etc etc and need a huge injection of pace out wide and through the middle and better quality passers of the ball than many of our current line up.

No use having the likes of Bony unless you have players that can find him regularly on the ground and in the air.

If we lose at Chelsea which is likely although they are due to drop some points at home sooner or later its season over and we have to hang on to a chumps league spot which given our stuttering form won't be a walk in the park.

Its been a long time since we smashed a side at home in the premiership in the manner we did in our title years and even the in the year we finished second to Manure.

Of course injuries play a part but the replacements should be much better than a number of the poor performances we have put together this year against sides we should be dominating on the score board.

TrueBlue1705 said:
he's already making a few tw*tish remarks now that he's away from the City squad .. IMO he has no respect for Man City, the fans or his teammates, the sooner we get rid of him the better, yes he's a match winner on his day and one of the best attacking midfielders around, but I rate him as very poor from a defensive perspective and he is in decline now .....

He's a PRIZE PR*CK, the c*nts getting paid an absolute fortune by City ... W*NKER!!
Oh FFS!

TrueBlue1705 said:

Not keen then:)

He is a ****,we all know that,but at this time we need him,if only to spite him.until we find a replacement we'd be mad to get rid.we have a contract and we should see that its stuck to.if he wants to rant and rave every summer that's up to him. We hold all the cards.

mancity1 said:
Stortz said:
We're not really here said:
Amen to this!
Yep, spot on

I think our record without him in the side especially in the past season and a half indicates why MP plays him and he is first picked when available.

Its not a good position to be in as he probably knows it and can take advantage of it to the detriment of the side on occasion.

Like a number of players he was out of form after the World Cup and seems to not be 100 per cent but has to play despite ongoin little niggles in the calf etc.

I have said many times the side needs a decent overhaul and despite our decent run to get back within shouting distance we have to have better than Navas and Sagna and Fernando etc etc and need a huge injection of pace out wide and through the middle and better quality passers of the ball than many of our current line up.

No use having the likes of Bony unless you have players that can find him regularly on the ground and in the air.

If we lose at Chelsea which is likely although they are due to drop some points at home sooner or later its season over and we have to hang on to a chumps league spot which given our stuttering form won't be a walk in the park.

Its been a long time since we smashed a side at home in the premiership in the manner we did in our title years and even the in the year we finished second to Manure.

Of course injuries play a part but the replacements should be much better than a number of the poor performances we have put together this year against sides we should be dominating on the score board.

We just lost for the first time in 13 league games.

If we can get a decent price for him in the summer, I'd definitely sell. Whilst it's true that he's integral to the way we play currently, I see no good reason why we shouldn't change the way we play to make best use of whoever we replace him with. It doesn't have to be like for like.

As far as I'm concerned, he's nearing the end of his shelf life and we mustn't make the mistake the rags did of relying on one player (Scholes in their case) for too long.

The same will go for Kompany, Silva and even Aguero in due course.

Wreckless Alec said:
If we can get a decent price for him in the summer, I'd definitely sell. Whilst it's true that he's integral to the way we play currently, I see no good reason why we shouldn't change the way we play to make best use of whoever we replace him with. It doesn't have to be like for like.

As far as I'm concerned, he's nearing the end of his shelf life and we mustn't make the mistake the rags did of relying on one player (Scholes in their case) for too long.

This is the inevitable conclusion once you take away sentiment from the calculation. Well spoken sir.

Matt the Giant said:
Wreckless Alec said:

This is the inevitable conclusion once you take away sentiment from the calculation. Well spoken sir.
I am a Yaya loyalist, yet I was pushing for him to be sold and Replaced by Fabregas.

Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Wreckless Alec said:

I am a Yaya loyalist, yet I was pushing for him to be sold and Replaced by Fabregas.

It's absolutely astonishing that Fabregas went to Chelsea for £25m and no one else was in for him. Just can't get my head around it, he's in the top 5 or 6 centre mids in PL history and he's 27!

If the rumours are true that we paid £40m for Managala and £12m for Fernando, that's £52m. We could have had Fabregas and had £27m left to buy a centre back. That's a monumental fuck up, I actually think Mangala will come good, but he'll never be worth £40m. I don't think Fernando will, he's our worst buy since Hughes was in charge.

It's a case of be careful what you wish for with Yaya. In the summer I was thinking it might not be the end of the world if we sold him for big money and re structured the squad. But seeing how important he is to us this season through his absence, it will take a complete overhaul to deal with his loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.