Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

OB1 said:
Is this some kind of joke thread?

why you think its a joke ... He's a player who great going forward but defensively he's lacking .... Lets get to the nitty gritty as well, he's been a complete tw*t and shown a lack of respect to the club .... Now I've been a City fan for 40+ years but I do intend to be up any players arse just because he did well for us last season .... At times he's a f*cking lazy b*stard. I'm at nearly every home game, a few away games and the rest I never miss on the TV and I've seen many times his seemingly can't be ar*sed attitude ..... If you can tell me he's a players who sprints forward and sprints even harder to get back, works tirelessly for the team when we lose the ball, isn't a prima donna and behaves impeccably when he talks about our club then I'd agree you with you ...... he's pretty piss poor at times when we're defending set pieces as well - some brilliant things he's done seem to mean he's exempt from any kind of criticism ....

I thought the two Ferns were brilliant today - no egos there and just did it for the team .... Also vs Roma we were very again ....

I hate calling a fellow blue but you sir are a knob! He is our fucking best player!!! Accommodate? My word this post is beyond belief!

We're not really here said:
I hate calling a fellow blue but you sir are a knob! He is our fucking best player!!! Accommodate? My word this post is beyond belief!

He'll be gone in the summer probably after another embarrassing saga during which he'll slag the club again off trying to force a move for one last big day and I doubt he'll have anything positive to say about City after he's gone, You keep kissing his arse if you want no matter what he does and I'll keep giving my honest opinion even if you don't like it ..... I don't think the team will move forward to the next level until he's gone,, he's had his wonder season, he's now in decline and we're having to accommodate his defensive weaknesses .... Fine if we're dominating possession but against the likes of Barca and Bayern its a major problem unless we play him in front of the two Ferns in which case Silva who is one of the best NO.10s in the world IMO has to move over to the left where he is nowhere near as effective ....

Honestly I don't know WTF is wrong with some of our fans, they are f*cking blind and we're not aloud to say a negative thing or give an opinion, this guy deserves no favours from us he gets paid a f*cking fortune.... This is half the problem he himself believes he is untouchable ...

jpargo said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
No he isn't. Silva is.

IMO Yaya is the most unique and biggest overall contributor to the team.

Curious how you come to Silva being the most important player. Yaya is most dependable player as he is rarely injured and plays almost all the minutes. He covers the most ground every game. Links the defense and attack. Makes the most passes on the team and league + highest accuracy. Last year he tied Silva with most assists on the team. He is the most clinical finisher on the team. He lead the team in scoring last year. He comes through in most important moments.

So basically he does things off the ball, on ball the ball, contributes in all aspects of the game, and including in the finished product. He does everything, most at very high level.

I'm not saying Yaya isn't an exceptional player, but Silva is more important. We are not the same team without Silva in the side and you can't say that about Yaya, despite the many moments of brilliance he produces.

Anyone who has played football at a decent level and who watches City week in week out knows that Silva is our most important player.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
How many times have we won in the last 4 half years without him?

end of thread

To elobrate on this point, I wanted to see if there were any stats to show with/without him. Unfortunately there wasn't one publicly available, so I calculated it manually.

EPL Stats / Since 2010: Yaya first:

With - 102W24D26L = 2.17PPG
Without - 11W8D3L = 1.86PPG

Kompany:

With - 90W25D22L = 2.15PPG
Without - 23W4D7L = 2.15PPG

Silva:

With - 69W21D21L = 2.05PPG
Without - 44W12D8L = 2.25PPG

Couple of things stand out. First is the sheer amount of more games Yaya plays. He basically has played 1 EPL full season games than Silva, and this is despite missing 3 months worth of games due to African Nations of Cup. Secondly, he is the only player with massive drop off in games he doesn't play. The difference through full season is 12 points. Last season that would have meant the difference between 1st and 5th spot.

B\connellblue said:
Had Yaya been available today there's no doubt in my mind we would have taken all 3 points today. Not only for what he brings to the table but the freedom it allows merlin to play with. As for replacing him we may well get someone in to play his role but no one can replace what he brings to the team.

Great post

Johnsonontheleft said:
I'm not saying Yaya isn't an exceptional player, but Silva is more important. We are not the same team without Silva in the side and you can't say that about Yaya, despite the many moments of brilliance he produces.

Anyone who has played football at a decent level and who watches City week in week out knows that Silva is our most important player.

I just posted the stats with/without. I think you are relying too much on your eye test. Silva has magically touch, and is mastic out there. However the stats show team does not fall apart when Silva is not in the team, which unfortunately happens frequently due to his injuries.

For all the accolades Yaya gets for moments of brilliance, his biggest contribution is the link in play & control of the game which happens in the middle of the park. Most people overlook this because he is not the one providing the killer pass or finish (btw Yaya also does these two very well).

Astley Lad said:
B\connellblue said:
Had Yaya been available today there's no doubt in my mind we would have taken all 3 points today. Not only for what he brings to the table but the freedom it allows merlin to play with. As for replacing him we may well get someone in to play his role but no one can replace what he brings to the team.

Great post

Not sure about that its always speculation as many factors come into play but there is no doubt despite it being a team game and you win as a team and you lose as a team and despite him having lulls in games and sometimes not showing up so to speak the facts speak for themselves.

We haven't want a league game without YAYA for nearly 10 months.

He is by far our most important reason for that fact alone and also one of our oldest.

A lot of his goals have been crucial for us.

If he is to leave which is quite possible at the end of the season he has to be replaced by a better version ie defensive skill set included.

Its a huge worry that we are so reliant on one player at set pieces.

Its little wonder he is our highest paid player and so he should be.

The fact compared to the likes of Kun , Vinny, Silva etc he is available for more games and the stability that he brings says it all.

Everyone is pining for Ivory Coast to be knocked out of ACON but you expect the player of the year , year on end to go most if not all the way.

Its not even up for debating anymore.

No YAYA no City.

I really hope we put the curse of YAYA to rest against Hull.

mancity1 said:
Astley Lad said:
B\connellblue said:

Great post

Not sure about that its always speculation as many factors come into play but there is no doubt despite it being a team game and you win as a team and you lose as a team and despite him having lulls in games and sometimes not showing up so to speak the facts speak for themselves.

We haven't want a league game without YAYA for nearly 10 months.

He is by far our most important reason for that fact alone and also one of our oldest.

A lot of his goals have been crucial for us.

If he is to leave which is quite possible at the end of the season he has to be replaced by a better version ie defensive skill set included.

Its a huge worry that we are so reliant on one player at set pieces.

Its little wonder he is our highest paid player and so he should be.

The fact compared to the likes of Kun , Vinny, Silva etc he is available for more games and the stability that he brings says it all.

Everyone is pining for Ivory Coast to be knocked out of ACON but you expect the player of the year , year on end to go most if not all the way.

Its not even up for debating anymore.

No YAYA no City.

I really hope we put the curse of YAYA to rest against Hull.

The stat about us not winning without Yaya for 10 months, whilst not irrelevant, is a bit misleading. For a start we didn't even play a game for three of those months. Secondly, he's played the vast majority of games so it's only a handful of fixtures we're looking at, and some fairly difficult ones at that.

Also ignores the vital wins against Roma and Munich that were achieved without him.

Don't get me wrong, he's a hugely important player for us. Just think it's a bit disingenuous to suggest we fall apart in his absence. And without wanting to sound pedantic, he's not our highest paid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.