Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

TrueBlue1705 said:
On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....

He's our most important player and his absence is largely the reason Chelsea are 5 points in front of us.

If he had played today, I believe we would have won.

------Nasri---Kun---Silva
----------------Yaya--------
---------Dinho---Nando

TrueBlue1705 said:
On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....

To be honest it is a shame that one of the best midfielders in the world has played for us the last four years and it has passed you by.

Where will he be accommodated? I will tell you now in place of either of the Fernandinhos because, thankfully, our current manager, just like the previous manager (read his comments this week) realise what a tremendous player he is.

The system (4-2-3-1) has made us look more solid as a unit which was further reinforced today by having the workhorses of Navas and Milner on the flanks. However the team today would struggle to break teams down on a consistent basis. Yaya is the catalyst for the team linking the defence to the midfield, dictating the play, oh and he chips in with 20 goals a season.

TrueBlue1705 said:

This has to be the most desperate attempt of rationalization I have seen for quite a while.

Accommodating Yaya Toure, Yaya Toure....hahaha.

But think about this, why is it that the first thing you want to talk about after the chelsea game is Yaya and his supposed flaws?. He will leave the club eventually and many of you will then have peace of mind and sleep well at night when that happens. Maybe.

Just be patient. This great footballer will not play for us forever.

Had Yaya been available today there's no doubt in my mind we would have taken all 3 points today. Not only for what he brings to the table but the freedom it allows merlin to play with. As for replacing him we may well get someone in to play his role but no one can replace what he brings to the team.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

He's our most important player and his absence is largely the reason Chelsea are 5 points in front of us.

If he had played today, I believe we would have won.

No he isn't. Silva is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.