Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Accomodating Yaya In Big Games

Johnsonontheleft said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....

He's our most important player and his absence is largely the reason Chelsea are 5 points in front of us.

If he had played today, I believe we would have won.
No he isn't. Silva is.
No he isn't. Hart is. Or we'd have conceded twice as many goals by now. :P

Johnsonontheleft said:
No he isn't. Silva is.

IMO Yaya is the most unique and biggest overall contributor to the team.

Curious how you come to Silva being the most important player. Yaya is most dependable player as he is rarely injured and plays almost all the minutes. He covers the most ground every game. Links the defense and attack. Makes the most passes on the team and league + highest accuracy. Last year he tied Silva with most assists on the team. He is the most clinical finisher on the team. He lead the team in scoring last year. He comes through in most important moments.

So basically he does things off the ball, on ball the ball, contributes in all aspects of the game, and including in the finished product. He does everything, most at very high level.

lost count of the number of games that Yaya has won for us, and what's special about him is that he turns up and delivers in the big games

A few at Wembley come to mind.

jpargo said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
No he isn't. Silva is.

IMO Yaya is the most unique and biggest overall contributor to the team.

Curious how you come to Silva being the most important player. Yaya is most dependable player as he is rarely injured and plays almost all the minutes. He covers the most ground every game. Links the defense and attack. Makes the most passes on the team and league + highest accuracy. Last year he tied Silva with most assists on the team. He is the most clinical finisher on the team. He lead the team in scoring last year. He comes through in most important moments.

So basically he does things off the ball, on ball the ball, contributes in all aspects of the game, and including in the finished product. He does everything, most at very high level.

This. Yaya is one of the greatest players ever to grace the hallowed blue shirt. If fit he should be the first name on the team sheet, and the rest will fit in around him. World class is an overused term these days but in Yaya's case it's the perfect description.

squirtyflower said:
Balti said:
''accommodate'' lol

first name on the teamsheet and may well win us the league again yet
Hard to argue with this

i would go even further.

I've been watching City since 1971 and probably seen around 1200 games. I saw the latter period of the Bell, Lee, Summerbee era and enjoyed Rodney Marsh.

I was inspired by Watson, loved Doyle, marvelled at Corrigan, and worshipped Tueart.

I was there when Francis made his debut at Stoke, and like everyone else, I then had to suffer almost thirty years of total shite.

Obviously our fortunes have changed, but I will never forget those two magical days at Wembley when we beat United and Stoke No more ridicule or petty banners glorifying our lack of success.

Yes, Yaya can be frustrating, and yes his body language can sometimes irritate.

He might be off in the summer and whilst admitting that I probably never saw Bell, Lee, Summerbee at their collective peak, I think Yaya Toure is the most influential Manchester City player since Bert Trautmann.

His ability and composure with the ball far outweighs his lack of ability to defend and press the opponent.

Against the top sides you can make a case for his defensive issues and value to the team in that regard but controlling the game he's fantastic and generally comes up big.

TrueBlue1705 said:
On his day he's a match winner, the frustration is he looks like an olympic sprinter going forward and a marathon coming back ..... I thought we looked very good today, very solid and the two Ferns were excellent, we don;t look the same with Yaya for us much as he gives us something as an attacking force but he is average at best most of the time when we don't have the ball. Great against lesser teams with the grestetst of repsect to them but in CL and top PL games its an issue for me.....

How many times have we won in the last 4 half years without him?

end of thread

Balti said:
''accommodate'' lol

first name on the teamsheet and may well win us the league again yet

But isn't he one of them jihadi Muslamaniacs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.