Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
OB1 said:
taconinja said:
I often have the impression that some players up their games when playing with him because they don't want to disappoint him. I have no evidence for this, but it's the feeling I get when I see how they play with him versus without.

That could be. I am certain he makes other players perform better with what he brings to the side technically. I also think he has the force of personality that influences games and brings those around him with him. There must also be a reason why he takes the armband when Vinnie is not playing.

Amazing what others see isn't it OB (:

Even on his down days, and I'm saying this for the 1000th time, he is better than 90% of other players in the league. Although it will be difficult, I see the conductor pushing us close again come may, it could be his crowning glory before he's off..

People wished for it and they'll only see how much we miss him, long term, when he's gone

The big man remains our greatest, most influential player, and most importantly..... The heart beat!!!!

But but but... he is lazy!!

From the title winning surge of last season,..to the middle east for post season frolics..to the world cup, stopping off only to grieve after the death of his brother,...to the prem once again to guide us to second and breathing down chelski,s neck...off to the acon, and all the way to the final,not missing a match..(pause for breath) .. straight home into the second half of the title race, teammates, fans and manager just waiting for you to touchdown and make up ground,lost in your absence, on the league leaders....

Lazy Yaya.
oh well he didnt play well away from home, in the second half, in the champions league in a match. -he really should pull his socks up and try harder in the 6 competitions he has contested in the last year, playing in every match.bar none really.
lol.

To all those who were demanding to get rid earlier in the season, including a very vocal mod, I hope you feel utterly stupid now. Anybody with half an ounce of football knowledge would know how important he is.

OB1 said:
taconinja said:
I often have the impression that some players up their games when playing with him because they don't want to disappoint him. I have no evidence for this, but it's the feeling I get when I see how they play with him versus without.

That could be. I am certain he makes other players perform better with what he brings to the side technically. I also think he has the force of personality that influences games and brings those around him with him. There must also be a reason why he takes the armband when Vinnie is not playing.

Even on his down days, and I'm saying this for the 1000th time, he is better than 90% of other players in the league. Although it will be difficult, I see the conductor pushing us close again come may, it could be his crowning glory before he's off..

People wished for it and they'll only see how much we miss him, long term, when he's gone

The big man remains our greatest, most influential player, and most importantly..... The heart beat!!!!

Loved seeing him give that pep talk to his keeper before the final penalty.

dennishasdoneit said:
OB1 said:

But but but... he is lazy!!

From the title winning surge of last season,..to the middle east for post season frolics..to the world cup, stopping off only to grieve after the death of his brother,...to the prem once again to guide us to second and breathing down chelski,s neck...off to the acon, and all the way to the final,not missing a match..(pause for breath) .. straight home into the second half of the title race, teammates, fans and manager just waiting for you to touchdown and make up ground,lost in your absence, on the league leaders....

Lazy Yaya.
oh well he didnt play well away from home, in the second half, in the champions league in a match. -he really should pull his socks up and try harder in the 6 competitions he has contested in the last year, playing in every match.bar none really.
lol.

iu

There is no such thing as a one man team but if there were any doubt left that our most influential player, by far, is Yaya Toure then recent events most surely have removed them.

No amount of cake is going to change that.

Why some on here want him sold is beyond me.

Granted he can be incredibly lazy at times and opposition players can easily play around him if we don't set up tactically correct in the big games, but the man is easily our biggest match winner, Yaya is Manchester City if you ask me, this current team anyway.

I think he has a good few seasons of getting 10-20 goals a season and controlling our midfield, I would be happy for him to see his career out at our place.

If we did sell him and didn't replace him with a player like Pogba I think we will decline more than some think.

sam-caddick said:
Why some on here want him sold is beyond me.

Granted he can be incredibly lazy at times and opposition players can easily play around him if we don't set up tactically correct in the big games, but the man is easily our biggest match winner, Yaya is Manchester City if you ask me, this current team anyway.

I think he has a good few seasons of getting 10-20 goals a season and controlling our midfield, I would be happy for him to see his career out at our place.

If we did sell him and didn't replace him with a player like Pogba I think we will decline more than some think.
Unless he is taking all the penalties and scoring a few more free kicks, he is certainly NOT going to be puting up 20 goals anytime soon. That said this doesn't mean he isn't still very useful.

As for wanting him sold, the problem is this, whether he stays or gets sold, we will regress a bit either way unless he stops being the fulcrum of the squad. Even he can't stop our decline in the middle, because he himself is on the decline. That is simply age for you. Age always wins that battle. It's no surprise we see less of his bullish runs every year. There were a lot more 3 years ago, then fewer 2 years ago, then fewer last year, and now it is pretty much nonexistent. He simply has to adapt his game as he ages, and City has to adapt with him.

If we wanna be in the thicke of Champs league and our league, Yaya has to become a complimentary player next season, Nando someone else has to boss the midfield ( hopefully Pogba or someone of his ilk). Then we'd get the best of a declining Yaya and an ascending Pogba. That's our best bet. If Xavi can decline inspite of being more brain tha athletic ability, then surely so will Yaya. Rather than hoping he gives us 2-3 more good years,me should simply prepare for his transition.

That's said, congrats to the big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.