Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
baildon blue said:
BigOscar said:
I'm sure people will leap to his defence and abuse me for saying it, but I thought Yaya was an absolute disgrace today. I was absolutely fuming watching the game as he showed absolutely no desire or urgency whatsoever. He's been doing it all year and I find myself getting more and more wound up by it, but today took the piss. Every time he got the ball he seemed intent on slowing the game down to a crawl, taking forever to do nothing with it, but without the ball he was just a disgrace. He just watches as people run past him, never making even the slightest effort.

It's a testemant to just how gifted a footballer he is that he can still be so important to us when he puts in so little effort, but it's also a damning indictment of our other CM's inability to control a game. He can still pass the ball fantastically well and provide moments of real quality, but he's just got no urgency about him at all. That's the difference between us this year and last, the guy who is running the show is running it at half the speed.

He's either completely physically shot, or he simply has lost the motivation and desire to play at a decent tempo. Either way he needs replacing with someone who ha both the ability and desire to play a high tempo game, as we aren't going to win anything playing at the speed we have for most of this year.

Rant over. (I'm going to bed, so I'll have to read the abuse tommorow)
I agree he looked very poor tonight .

God I dispear

dave1967 said:
baildon blue said:
BigOscar said:
I'm sure people will leap to his defence and abuse me for saying it, but I thought Yaya was an absolute disgrace today. I was absolutely fuming watching the game as he showed absolutely no desire or urgency whatsoever. He's been doing it all year and I find myself getting more and more wound up by it, but today took the piss. Every time he got the ball he seemed intent on slowing the game down to a crawl, taking forever to do nothing with it, but without the ball he was just a disgrace. He just watches as people run past him, never making even the slightest effort.

It's a testemant to just how gifted a footballer he is that he can still be so important to us when he puts in so little effort, but it's also a damning indictment of our other CM's inability to control a game. He can still pass the ball fantastically well and provide moments of real quality, but he's just got no urgency about him at all. That's the difference between us this year and last, the guy who is running the show is running it at half the speed.

He's either completely physically shot, or he simply has lost the motivation and desire to play at a decent tempo. Either way he needs replacing with someone who ha both the ability and desire to play a high tempo game, as we aren't going to win anything playing at the speed we have for most of this year.

God I dispear
Not unlike yaya who also dispeared..

Lazy twat tonight. Made no effort at all to get behind the ball when we lost possession. No wonder we look shaky at the back with one cm defending. I think yaya isn't the only midfielder who needs to play in a 3.
Still a huge asset with the ball though.

dave1967 said:
baildon blue said:
BigOscar said:

God I dispear

I seem to remember a great save from their goalie to deny him a goal in the top corner; and a burst into the box and a ferocious shot that flew just over. He wasn't the only one that performed in patches. Have a look at the first goal. When Yaya went forward with the ball before passing out left Kun just stood and watched from afar. There was a lot of non-communication out there tonight and players showing frustration with team mates. So to my mind he was not as bad as some of you are posting.

Bluekiwi said:
I seem to remember a great save from their goalie to deny him a goal in the top corner; and a burst into the box and a ferocious shot that flew just over. He wasn't the only one that performed in patches. Have a look at the first goal. When Yaya went forward with the ball before passing out left Kun just stood and watched from afar. There was a lot of non-communication out there tonight and players showing frustration with team mates. So to my mind he was not as bad as some of you are posting.

This is exactly it though, Yaya needs to be moved up on the pitch where he creates good chances rather than used as CDM. He's a big problem for their defenders closer to their box. I would like to see us sign a great defensive midfielder this summer to replace Nando and for now I'd play him with Dinho and Nando/Milner behind him.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Bluekiwi said:

This is exactly it though, Yaya needs to be moved up on the pitch where he creates good chances rather than used as CDM. He's a big problem for their defenders closer to their box. I would like to see us sign a great defensive midfielder this summer to replace Nando and for now I'd play him with Dinho and Nando/Milner behind him.

That appeals to me.

His work rate was appalling last night, left Fernando to do the job of two men.

For me there are far too many luxury players in this side who don't put in a fraction of the effort required.

I think a lot of City fans forget how they all felt about the Fernando signing. For most, this was the signing that would allow City some leverage and control in the big games, but ONLY if Fernando played alongside Fernandihno with Toure ahead of them. A lot of people have forgot about this and I still don't see why Pellegrini is not playing this system in the big games.

Sure, City would have to sacrifice Nasri or someone similar (not Silva), but then Toure is no defensive minded midfielder, he can play the final pass. He's a huge attacking force that can split defences. So I think in a midfield 2 he is just wasted. A lot of City fans thought the Fernando signing would bring in that formation but unfortunately not, Fernando was simply bought to be Javi Garcia's replacement, which would still be in a midfield two.

City should line up like this in most big gamer and work with it training:
Hart
Zabelleta - Mangala - Kompany - Clichy

Fernando - Fernandihno

Toure
Nasri/Navas Silva

Aguero

If they signed Pogba then I truly beleive City should replace Fernandihno. Just hasn't looked sharp all season, he had so much energy last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.