Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In team games you can't accommodate individuals who however talented aren't prepared to do the same job as everyone else. If anyone sees a colleague/team mate not pulling their weight it demoralises them, simple psychology.

fatbloke said:
In team games you can't accommodate individuals who however talented aren't prepared to do the same job as everyone else. If anyone sees a colleague/team mate not pulling their weight it demoralizes them, simple psychology.

both yaya and this bestest mate samir nasri are lazy twats and both of them look porky

when u see the so called best player in the team strolling around in the match and i imagine yaya loafing around in trainning with his shiftless buddy

samir and it probably affects the team morale

top palyers are arrogant and top teams have them but top players like messi and ronaldo train hard but we have top payers who not just have a bad

atttitude but are also work shy and it shows in our style of play which is dull,heavy, sluggish and listless

Dirty Harry said:
City_Sean said:
I'd like to see him as a deep lying playmaker in a three man midfield next year. If you had workhorses round him he'd flourish.

I'd actually go the other way and push him further forward.

the problem for me is yaya is ineffective and not capable of play in either positions

yaya has never shown he can dictate play from deep like pirlo, verrati or xavi and defensivly he is shit so can not do what guys like de rossi or javi martinez do

and yaya is not good playing behind the striker with back to the goal. he is good when he can run at the defense from deep

the issue with yaya is more to do with his motivation and yaya looks like a guy who does not care anymore

Dirty Harry said:
City_Sean said:
I'd like to see him as a deep lying playmaker in a three man midfield next year. If you had workhorses round him he'd flourish.

Indeed, he is only a liability defensively, take that responsibility out and maybe he will do better. Barcelona sold him because they probably realized he was nowhere near as good as Busquets defensively yet he would never be playing ahead of Iniesta or Xavi.

We all think of Yaya at his best when he is going forward and he is unplayable on his day. It would be stupid to not take advantage of it. I think we need a real quality DM in the summer so that we can then be free to push Yaya forward to play true box to box behind Silva, that combination of power and skill would be fantastic. Remember Mancini's plan-b was always to stick De Jong on and push Yaya forward, Pellegrini doesn't seem to care for that option and his only tactic now when we are losing or need a goal is to pile as many strikers on as he can.

We should be using this fortnight to get some fitness into Yaya. It should be a guide for the coaching staff to know if he's prepared to put in the work to get himself back to his best this Summer

Marvin said:
We should be using this fortnight to get some fitness into Yaya. It should be a guide for the coaching staff to know if he's prepared to put in the work to get himself back to his best this Summer

I think everyone agrees the squad needs freshening up so whats the point in keeping yaya for another season get the problems out of the squad yaya, nasri, dzeko!

inbetween said:
Dirty Harry said:
City_Sean said:

Indeed, he is only a liability defensively, take that responsibility out and maybe he will do better. Barcelona sold him because they probably realized he was nowhere near as good as Busquets defensively yet he would never be playing ahead of Iniesta or Xavi.

We all think of Yaya at his best when he is going forward and he is unplayable on his day. It would be stupid to not take advantage of it. I think we need a real quality DM in the summer so that we can then be free to push Yaya forward to play true box to box behind Silva, that combination of power and skill would be fantastic. Remember Mancini's plan-b was always to stick De Jong on and push Yaya forward, Pellegrini doesn't seem to care for that option and his only tactic now when we are losing or need a goal is to pile as many strikers on as he can.
Yep and more often than not it worked.

blue city199 said:
Dirty Harry said:
City_Sean said:

the problem for me is yaya is ineffective and not capable of play in either positions

yaya has never shown he can dictate play from deep like pirlo, verrati or xavi and defensivly he is shit so can not do what guys like de rossi or javi martinez do

and yaya is not good playing behind the striker with back to the goal. he is good when he can run at the defense from deep

the issue with yaya is more to do with his motivation and yaya looks like a guy who does not care anymore

I think Yaya could do the Pirlo and Xabi role. He has an excellent passing range, as well as the ability to dictate possession. You only have to see how much more control we have in a game when he plays to when he doesn't.

Somewhere along the line Yaya definitely lost his dynamism and willpower; personally I think i was around the time when his brother passed away which would make sense. Regardless however, as an outsider looking in, if I was city I would look to cut my losses with Yaya and bring in someone like Pogba, or if FFP comes into play I can see someone like Sissoko at Newcastle seriously thriving if he's surrounded by better players; there's a reason the guy is consistently started by France despite their wealth of midfield gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.