Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

CrownPointBlue said:
PLEASE - let's not turn on one of our own players. It will only feed the growing mischief making by all sectors of the press and fans of other clubs who can't defeat us on the pitch and are always looking for any way to criticise,belittle and undermine us.
Yayas been disappointing & badly advised,of that there is no doubt but that does not warrant the level of personal abuse posted by some on this forum. It does not help....it is damaging the reputation of the club....& us as supporters. Ultimately it will be self defeating.
What we all should be aiming for is to get Yaya back to his influential,barnstorming best. The Yaya who scored 24 goals last season....the Yaya of the rag semi,the Yaya of the stoke final, the Yaya of the Mackams final,palace & everton away & villa at home etc etc.
We should trust in the coaches,manager and directors to rehabilitate Yaya in the way they have with other members of the squad. Let the rags turn on and abuse their own players....remember Giggs a few yeas back....we can have our own opinions but our role is to circle the wagons,get right behind the players,team and club and NOT abuse and alienate one of the most remarkable players of our recent history. CTID.

Good post mate and like the sentiment. But claiming Toure was 'badly advised' is a cop-out.

CrownPointBlue said:
PLEASE - let's not turn on one of our own players. It will only feed the growing mischief making by all sectors of the press and fans of other clubs who can't defeat us on the pitch and are always looking for any way to criticise,belittle and undermine us.
Yayas been disappointing & badly advised,of that there is no doubt but that does not warrant the level of personal abuse posted by some on this forum. It does not help....it is damaging the reputation of the club....& us as supporters. Ultimately it will be self defeating.
What we all should be aiming for is to get Yaya back to his influential,barnstorming best. The Yaya who scored 24 goals last season....the Yaya of the rag semi,the Yaya of the stoke final, the Yaya of the Mackams final,palace & everton away & villa at home etc etc.
We should trust in the coaches,manager and directors to rehabilitate Yaya in the way they have with other members of the squad. Let the rags turn on and abuse their own players....remember Giggs a few yeas back....we can have our own opinions but our role is to circle the wagons,get right behind the players,team and club and NOT abuse and alienate one of the most remarkable players of our recent history. CTID.

Don't think anyone is personally abusing him, nor is anyone questioning his talent. Only his efforts, that's all we ask.

You're only as good as your last sequence of games. Clearly he's well off where he was last season. Nasri too.
If they play like they have been doing, then we will lose against Chelsea.
They need to buck up.

I don’t know what Yaya has to do before he is allowed to be criticised by some on here. I had an argument after the Newcastle game where I said he didn’t put a shift in but because he put a world class ball to Dzeko for the first goal that means it’s ok apparently.

I said in the summer after all the bollocks to get rid, we have poked fun at Rooney/Utd sagas in the past and whilst Yaya hasn’t come out with a new contract like Rooney it still leaves a bitter taste. When it became apparent he was going to stay (about a month after all the reports when Yaya finally decided to do an interview) I thought great if he is getting his head down and performs how he did last year. The displays we have seen seems to show the sulky, lazy Yaya who is a liability in all honesty and giving nothing to the team.

Some people can gloss over the fact and claim it was his agent with these reports, why did it take Yaya so long to quash the rumours? When PSG didn’t take their interest any further? Who knows. All I know is he’s took the piss yet again for the second summer on the trot, lied about the club in terms of his brother, took the shine off a double winning season and now is playing like a child.

Time for Pellers to step up for me, give him a kick up the arse or drop him, he’s dropped others for poor displays grow a set and do the same here. Yaya has been a beast in previous Chelsea games and at times been the difference, the Yaya playing at the moment would be the difference again but in Chelsea’s favour.

CrownPointBlue said:

Bang on the money.

BlueAnorak said:
You're only as good as your last sequence of games. Clearly he's well off where he was last season. Nasri too.
If they play like they have been doing, then we will lose against Chelsea.
They need to buck up.

In fact I don't think we could beat any team that sits back defends against us with discipline at the moment.
our approach is simply too slow and laboured.

It is his effort or perceived lack of it at the moment that is pissing me off.
I don't hate they guy.Fuck me what memories has he brought that none of us will ever forget...Goals against the rags and stoke at Wembley,that equaliser against Sunderland in the league cup etc etc.All the fantastic goals he has scored for us in the premier league.
I will never have a problem with what he has done but if he thinks he can swan around this season on the back of all that then he is to be told otherwise by the powers that be and told quickly. If he simply doesn't want to be there then we have to let him go. The journey we are on is far from over but he has been an important part of the transition (and still is if he wants to be) but his age,his upcoming trips to the ACON and his attitude are all going to go against him if he doesn't buck his ideas up.
I'm with many and wish we would have moved him on in the summer however we didn't so we all have to stick by him until the club makes a decision. How old is Yaya now?? 31??
For me the ideal replacement is Barklay or Pogba..Getting them - simply not that easy.
Anyway..I wouldn't drop him on Sunday to much of an important game for that.
Let's get behind him and really make Sunday an electric atmosphere. We know we can beat Chelsea it's all about the players attitude.
Come on Yaya,get back to what you are good at-winning City football games

This may have already been mentioned, but going back over the years since yaya joined, he`s always had a slow, sluggish (lazy if you like) start to the season.
I`m not defending him, i`m just saying this is what i`ve personally noticed since he joined City.
He always seems to come strong mid-late season.

Crumpsall Blue said:
This may have already been mentioned, but going back over the years since yaya joined, he`s always had a slow, sluggish (lazy if you like) start to the season.
I`m not defending him, i`m just saying this is what i`ve personally noticed since he joined City.
He always seems to come strong mid-late season.

Correct..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.