Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

ped said:
Matt the Giant said:
B\connellblue said:
I think pellegrini isn't entirely innocent in all of this. Anyone with half a brain knows that yaya in a midfield two is asking for trouble, yet he persists in playing in him one. Playing Fernando and Ferandiniho as the midfield two and pushing yaya on is the future, at least in the short term. Nasri the one to be sacrificed!

Manuel is probably a bit naive regarding Yaya, expecting him to perform as he can and should.

People blindly praising Yaya and placing him on top of the highest of pedestals should remember last season was by far his best, for us or any other club he has played for. Nothing suggests he will replicate that this season or ever again.

His one great season and three good ones for us does not negate the fact that he is a megalomaniac diva with a piss-poor attitude and one of the laziest and least committed player we have had in the squad these past four years.
yawn

+1 Boring, inaccurate and a piss take

allblues09 said:
Blue Apple said:
Suarez won player of the year last season, the best footballer in the league last year? Yaya Toure by a mile. Most influential player for City over the past few seasons? Yaya Toure. One of the greatest players ever to wear a City shirt, Yaya Toure. The player the fans sing about most? Yaya Toure. Made a dick of himself in the summer, brother died, poor start to the season, Yaya Toure. Were four games in blues, FFS, get a grip!

Exactly. People need to get a grip and her past whatever happened this summer. He is a city player and we should support him.

This. Like a lot of blues I was annoyed and baffled with his performance on Wednesday but we need to remember what a super player he is. He needs a rousing "yaya" chant to get him going.

blueplan said:
dobobobo said:
blueplan said:
Ask Koos or Robben.
BTW we recruited Yaya when we don't have CL.
Do you remember some of the reasons given by Yaya for coming to City?

Money?

(I don't mean that as criticism.)

We gave him a MOTIVATION to help City win Titles & CUPS. He is the main backbone for our successful side.

Like money? Or like this guy as a coach?

mr-motivator.jpg

Rascal said:
dobobobo said:
blueplan said:
Ask Koos or Robben.
BTW we recruited Yaya when we don't have CL.
Do you remember some of the reasons given by Yaya for coming to City?

Money?

(I don't mean that as criticism.)

No. Listen to what Garry Cook says about his signing on the BM podcast

Aye, I've heard in the past what Garry Cook has said about the reasons why Yaya was brought and it was good work by City.

But, I'm not sure why blueplan thinks we need to thank Yaya's agent beyond the payment he received for the deal.

Dips in form are down to lack of effort are they?

Just treat the player like any other City player.

abu13 said:
Sunday is a big day in Yaya's City career, i think everyone accepts what a talent he is and understands his contribution to the cause. But he looked totally under par against Bayen, if he cant get himself up for Chelsea after the critism he has recieved then there is a big question to ask.

Aye, but that's why I think so many people are pissed off. This is the season in which we know the aim is for City to push on in Champions League and present ourselves as a dominant team in that competition. So for me, Wednesday was a big day in Yaya's career in being a leader in trying to achieve that aim, but instead he decided to go for a jog.

Marvin said:
Dips in form are down to lack of effort are they?

Just treat the player like any other City player.

I am.

You get abuse from me if you don't put a decent shift in and support your team mates.

You get cheers, applause and high praise from me if you put a decent shift in and support your team mates.

I cannae cheer on a player jogging.

Yaya has never charged around the pitch like a little Dickov.......you only have to look at him to see why

It's the quality missing from his game not the effort.

Last season he gave the impression of strolling - that's just the way he is.

Marvin said:
Yaya has never charged around the pitch like a little Dickov.......you only have to look at him to see why

Not sure it's the missing quality.

Yaya goes missing against every team that press our midfield 2. If he doesn't have time and space it's like playing with 10.

cookster said:
Marvin said:

Not sure it's the missing quality.

Yaya goes missing against every team that press our midfield 2. If he doesn't have time and space it's like playing with 10.

^^^^^^ This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.