Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya?

cookster said:
Marvin said:
Yaya has never charged around the pitch like a little Dickov.......you only have to look at him to see why

It's the quality missing from his game not the effort.

Last season he gave the impression of strolling - that's just the way he is.

Not sure it's the missing quality.

Yaya goes missing against every team that press our midfield 2. If he doesn't have time and space it's like playing with 10.

Only the good teams. 90% of the time we get away with it and that's been the issue, it hasn't looked like a problem but i can't believe the management aren't aware of it, they're obviously just taking a calculated risk. In fairness we can't really judge until we see the formation against a top side when Fernando is fit. The press as usual are only just picking up on this yonks after we've all known it.

Re: Yaya?

Petetheblu said:
allblues09 said:
Blue Apple said:
Suarez won player of the year last season, the best footballer in the league last year? Yaya Toure by a mile. Most influential player for City over the past few seasons? Yaya Toure. One of the greatest players ever to wear a City shirt, Yaya Toure. The player the fans sing about most? Yaya Toure. Made a dick of himself in the summer, brother died, poor start to the season, Yaya Toure. Were four games in blues, FFS, get a grip!

Exactly. People need to get a grip and her past whatever happened this summer. He is a city player and we should support him.

As much as I agree with both of you l have to say that bad starts aren't a problem, what gets on most folks nerve is Yaya's lack of effort.

Bad start 'v' effort = two completely different things.

Also all that touching and laughing with Pep was totally uncalled for after a defeat, is he that far from reality that he can't see that those actions are not going to win him any friends.

imho.....We follow our team Manchester City...players come and go but its the Club that we follow. No player is bigger than the team, no matter how much he's done in past seasons....I agree that we cant throw him to the wolves after a couple of poor games but its games like today where our big names need to step up! Yaya has always been one of my fav's but he's one player and if that player doesn't perform up the the standard we know he can play......Yaya don't let the door hit you on the way out! I know its early in the season but the Chelsea game today is massive...falling 8 points behind Chelsea after only 5games would be absolutely shocking start for a team that wants to stay champs....we need to build back our confidence as a team and it needs to start today...it was also nice to see Fernandinho agree that this is already a must win.....Yaya needs to step up now!!

I hope someone has rubbed his cock enough to play well today. If not Pellers has to do a Hart on him.

I think today should be his last chance. If he plays poorly again, start him with Lampard against Sheffield. If he plays well, put him back in at the weekend against Hull.

I was one of the ones who had a pop after Bayern but I thought he was brilliant today. Looks like he is enjoying sitting in the middle there pulling the strings. Hopefully that is the first step of him getting back to his best, Fernandos return is going to be huge for the big man and huge for the team.

decent today, worked hard, broke up play well and was quite good going forward. Much improved.

Played very well today. Felt like he was running the show for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.