Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

FantasyIreland said:
Rascal said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We agreed before the game that the way Ya Ya played in the first ten minutes would dictate the game, and referee excepted) that's what happened. In the two homes against Chelsea last season he was bullied in the first, and we lost, then he came out and bullied them for the second, and we won.

This time he came out on top of his game, sat quite deep and kept our shape and played very well. I thought he would: he had a point to prove after a barrage of criticism.

Im finding i have a worrying tendency to agree to agree with you nowadays.

With us going 2 up front (which suprised me) Yaya had to be disciplined and i thought both him and Ferna ran the show superbly.

I think Milner had much to do with the midfield dominance and the subsequent performance of Yaya.While he played far better than in Germany,he was afforded the opportunity by his industrious peers = the team looked far better balanced.

There is merit in your post for sure. Jimmy worked his socks off as the whole team did i thought. Dzeko and Sergio worked hard, Silva always puts a shift in.

I made Jimmy my MOTM by a fine margin, Kompany and Mangala were immense, Yaya and Ferna had a platform to show how good they can be.

I didnt think Yaya's starting position was that much different to previous games. But playing against a defense minded Chelsea team he wasnt exposed to the same extent as against Bayern.

We have effectively been playing 4-1-3- 2 or 4-1-3-1-1 since the end of last season with Yaya playing at least 25m ahead of Fernando/Fernandhino/Garcia. It generally works well, but it does mean that when we are under pressure defensively he struggles. He has further to get back, more easily by passed. He doesnt have the physique to play primarily as a central midfield playmaker whilst also carrying out the defensive duties of a defensive midfielder. Which is why you get these complaints about Fernandhino "having to do Yaya's defending".

It wasnt a problem on Sunday but it will be in other games. More often than not though the system will be effective.

Why is he passing 5 yard passes sideways and backwards all the time now thats not the yaya we know and love, he looks a shadow of the player he was..

He just doesnt look interested too me like he isnt bothered, no runs forward and he is giving ball away far too much just very slow on the ball losing it way too often..

I know he created 4th goal with that pass but his performance for his high standard was very poor today he needs his hunger back as its gone this season..

CITYROBBO said:
Why is he passing 5 yard passes sideways and backwards all the time now thats not the yaya we know and love, he looks a shadow of the player he was..

He just doesnt look interested too me like he isnt bothered, no runs forward and he is giving ball away far too much just very slow on the ball losing it way too often..

I know he created 4th goal with that pass but his performance for his high standard was very poor today he needs his hunger back as its gone this season..

I agree he got caught out a few times and that rarely happens when he's on top of his game. If this continues Pellers may have a tough decision to make.

citymad said:
CITYROBBO said:

He just doesnt look interested too me like he isnt bothered, no runs forward and he is giving ball away far too much just very slow on the ball losing it way too often.

I agree he got caught out a few times and that rarely happens when he's on top of his game. If this continues Pellers may have a tough decision to make.

Can't agree at all with either post. Since his stinker in Munich, he's responded superbly. Work rate up, and whilst there may have been a couple of loose passes yesterday, there were a hell of a lot more excellent ones. Dzeko was MotM for me, but Ya Ya made things tick

Exeter Blue I am here said:
citymad said:
CITYROBBO said:

He just doesnt look interested too me like he isnt bothered, no runs forward and he is giving ball away far too much just very slow on the ball losing it way too often.

Can't agree at all with either post. Since his stinker in Munich, he's responded superbly. Work rate up, and whilst there may have been a couple of loose passes yesterday, there were a hell of a lot more excellent ones. Dzeko was MotM for me, but Ya Ya made things tick

+1 but I would have made silva mom 2 assists and great all round performance!

CITYROBBO said:

I don't know what you're on about. Yaya was excellent against Hull.

He's been superb in the last three games to be honest .. looks like he is hitting top form.

Yaya's pass for the fourth goal was sublime yesterday. He's not in top form but he's playing much better now. Let's see how he plays on Tuesday.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
citymad said:
CITYROBBO said:

I am with you EB. I did not see the whole game unfortunately but what I saw and Yaya's stats etc suggest that he ran the game, again. Obviously he had more touches on the ball than any other player. He completed 91% of his passes, half his passes were forwards, had four shots, including an absolute screamer, and made the most tackles of any City player. You only had too see him jumping all over Lamps and his team mates after the fourth goal to know that this is not a disinterested player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.