Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

First step to recovery Yaya....well played. Now for the complete recovery back to the wonderful,frustrating,magnificent,fitfull,barnstorming,indifferent,dominating Yaya. There's no one quite like you.....glad you're ours.

I know he played ok yesterday but he needs to back it up more regularly. Out of that starting line up when Fernando is back you would fear for Yayas place in the team as he isnt giving or is up to the speed just yet. Like Joe Hart last season Yaya may be in need of dropping for a few high profile games to give him a kick up the arse he needs. Hes too comfortable at the moment and thinks he is undropable maybe MP will do this when we have all the squad back but he needs to show more and more desire to play and compete more and more in games when things arent going his way or our way. I guess its all about opinions but I would have Milner in ahead of Yaya in the next game if all is fit.

Fantastic yesterday controlled the midfield put a good shift as long as he does that in all the big games not just at home I'd be happy can't do it every game and he doesn't really need to against the lesser teams.

We agreed before the game that the way Ya Ya played in the first ten minutes would dictate the game, and referee excepted) that's what happened. In the two homes against Chelsea last season he was bullied in the first, and we lost, then he came out and bullied them for the second, and we won.

This time he came out on top of his game, sat quite deep and kept our shape and played very well. I thought he would: he had a point to prove after a barrage of criticism.

Didsbury Dave said:
We agreed before the game that the way Ya Ya played in the first ten minutes would dictate the game, and referee excepted) that's what happened. In the two homes against Chelsea last season he was bullied in the first, and we lost, then he came out and bullied them for the second, and we won.

This time he came out on top of his game, sat quite deep and kept our shape and played very well. I thought he would: he had a point to prove after a barrage of criticism.

He ran the game yesterday, made by far the most passes of anyone on the park and that is when he is at his best for us.

I think he and Fern had been told to sit a little deeper for this game and it worked.

Didsbury Dave said:

Im finding i have a worrying tendency to agree to agree with you nowadays.

With us going 2 up front (which suprised me) Yaya had to be disciplined and i thought both him and Ferna ran the show superbly.

Rascal said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Im finding i have a worrying tendency to agree to agree with you nowadays.

With us going 2 up front (which suprised me) Yaya had to be disciplined and i thought both him and Ferna ran the show superbly.

I think Milner had much to do with the midfield dominance and the subsequent performance of Yaya.While he played far better than in Germany,he was afforded the opportunity by his industrious peers = the team looked far better balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.