Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Time for Yaya to get back to his best form. He's had a rough time of it lately but we all know what he's capable of especially in the big games.

Rascal said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yaya was/is going through the motions, it has no relationship to performance.

You missed out in your opinion.

Because your opinion has no relation to facts. You simply do not nor cannot know the facts.

You do not know what Yaya was instructed to do by Pellers. You do not know what the overall instructions to the team were. All you can do is assume and procrastinate.

In my opinion Yaya was not on top of his game or anywhere near the other night, but he was not alone. Yet he still looked most likely to fashion any counter attacks we had.

His problem is his languid style looks like he doesnt care but we cant change that. And some of the hysterical overaction on this thread is basically just pathetic and shows most football fans know fuck all about football.

the problem is Russ is the form he showed last season, why would pellers do anything to change that,
this is down to yaya, he's been gash since the first game. he knows it, pellers knows and us the fans who go watching him every week know it.
the saddest part of all is jimmy milner knows it and he still gets left out. no wonder he's stalling on a contract.

this is all about cakegate. the lads head has gone imo. upto the club to make a call on this, i'm thinking yaya is driving his value down but hey thats just me.

I think is Yaya has peaked, doubt he would be able to replicate last season's form this year (though I hope he does!). Have to consider he's 31 now, and age is catching up. On our part what we could do is manage his workload better. He shouldn't be playing the whole 180/270 mins a week/8 days. Give rest as and when possible, sub him off when the game's already in the bag. Would have been very helpful if had retired from his NT.

I was really angry with him earlier in the week, but it's dawned on me that he's going through a really difficult time and he may not be fully fit. I hope he gets back to his best with us and finishes his career here.

Yaya Toure says he wants to win the Champions League with @MCFC to repay the fans for their support <a class="postlink" href="http://bbc.in/1mmIB2H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bbc.in/1mmIB2H</a>

Puppet Master Silva said:
I was really angry with him earlier in the week, but it's dawned on me that he's going through a really difficult time and he may not be fully fit. I hope he gets back to his best with us and finishes his career here.

Yaya Toure says he wants to win the Champions League with @MCFC to repay the fans for their support <a class="postlink" href="http://bbc.in/1mmIB2H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bbc.in/1mmIB2H</a>

so do what we did with joe, he's out of form so take him out, thats why we have a squad. manchester city cannot, simply cannot carry any passengers, it was the same at bayern, too many passengers, nasri and yaya took two places off players eager to get a game.

Suarez won player of the year last season, the best footballer in the league last year? Yaya Toure by a mile. Most influential player for City over the past few seasons? Yaya Toure. One of the greatest players ever to wear a City shirt, Yaya Toure. The player the fans sing about most? Yaya Toure. Made a dick of himself in the summer, brother died, poor start to the season, Yaya Toure. Were four games in blues, FFS, get a grip!

de niro said:
Rascal said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Yaya was/is going through the motions, it has no relationship to performance.

You missed out in your opinion.

Because your opinion has no relation to facts. You simply do not nor cannot know the facts.

You do not know what Yaya was instructed to do by Pellers. You do not know what the overall instructions to the team were. All you can do is assume and procrastinate.

In my opinion Yaya was not on top of his game or anywhere near the other night, but he was not alone. Yet he still looked most likely to fashion any counter attacks we had.

His problem is his languid style looks like he doesnt care but we cant change that. And some of the hysterical overaction on this thread is basically just pathetic and shows most football fans know fuck all about football.

the problem is Russ is the form he showed last season, why would pellers do anything to change that,
this is down to yaya, he's been gash since the first game. he knows it, pellers knows and us the fans who go watching him every week know it.
the saddest part of all is jimmy milner knows it and he still gets left out. no wonder he's stalling on a contract.

this is all about cakegate. the lads head has gone imo. upto the club to make a call on this, i'm thinking yaya is driving his value down but hey thats just me.

if that is true then pellegrini has to take him out of the firing line now!
but i will say if!

Over reaction comment from Rascal Christ from the man who quit city and this forum under Thaksin. The irony.

Rascal like many others are in the you can never ever ever in a million gazillion years critisise yaya camp.

Ever play can, especially a world class one, there was that misleading stat of the distance travelled has anyone seen that Fabregas comparison? Fabregas is miles ahead of him in every department. Even if you ignored Fabregas on it and look at yaya in isolation the fact remains he hasn't scored, hasn't set anyone up, only dribbled a couple of times , created one chance and not done one interception! So the people who will say his attacking stats might be down due to him playing deep look at that interception stay for a holding midfielder!!

I've also heard the bollocks of it takes Yaya a few games to get going. If that isn't signs of an unmotivated man what is. Why would it take a world class player who had a short World Cup and a decent pre season conpared to others time to get going? We should dock his wages until he "decides" to get going. I might go in work on Monday and put my feet up on the desk and when they ask what I'm doing I'll just say, you know it takes me until Thursday to get going, you understand right?

Rascal said we don't know what Pellegrini asks of Yaya. That is correct but I would assume at the minute he is being asked to hold and defend with where he is playing and he is doing neither. He needs a kick up the arse and to be told shape up or sling it the mard arse. Fingers crossed he finds his form because like past season proved he can be a match winner at any time.

de niro said:
Puppet Master Silva said:

so do what we did with joe, he's out of form so take him out, thats why we have a squad. manchester city cannot, simply cannot carry any passengers, it was the same at bayern, too many passengers, nasri and yaya took two places off players eager to get a game.

I agree completely with your last two posts mate. You don't go from the Yaya we saw against Villa only a few months, to the rubbish we saw on Wednesday simply because you are 4 months older. This is ALL about cakegate I am sure of it.

If Fernando was fit, I wouldn't even have Yaya on the bench tomorrow. But unfortunately our hands are a bit tied, unless we want to play Milner in the middle alongside Fernandino and I can't see Pellegini doing that. I don't think Frank - for all his experience - is good enough and nor do think playing him against Chelsea is a good idea.

So we are effectively stuck with starting Yaya and hoping he decides to stop sulking and put a decent shift in. Maybe his recent quotes signal the fact that he realises he's been a twat and its time to get his finger out. Lets hope so.

Or just maybe cakegate was based on trauma -in fact we now know it was, and Pellegrini says

Maybe he had a lot of personal problems with his brother," said the Chilean.

"There are a lot of human things and maybe that is why he is not in his best performance at the moment.

"As a team, as a coach, as a club we must support him because he is a very important player, he makes a difference and I'm sure he will return to his best. But he is always being criticised."

He's earned our support many times over so show what City fans used to be famous for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.