Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next season he will not be playing, but he won't be alone.

I think Pep might be able to use the following but not necessarily in their current positions.

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kompany, Dinho, Sterling, KdB, Kun, Silva, Denayer, Delph, Nacho, Sagna, Nasri

Out of interest, what position should Hart be playing?

Yaya isn't effective against these young legs which are pressing him on the ball, his legs have gone sadly. That 2013/14 he took it all out of himself.

He's becoming effective in the last 20 when the opposition are tired from defending hard and pressing, in short he's an impact player, and Pelle should have the balls to use him as such off the bench. The fact we've only added Fernando and Delph to that midfield in the past 2 seasons is a huge problem, and it's showing.

Yaya isn't effective against these young legs which are pressing him on the ball, his legs have gone sadly. That 2013/14 he took it all out of himself.

He's becoming effective in the last 20 when the opposition are tired from defending hard and pressing, in short he's an impact player, and Pelle should have the balls to use him as such off the bench. The fact we've only added Fernando and Delph to that midfield in the past 2 seasons is a huge problem, and it's showing.

Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta were his preferred midfield three. None extremely quick, and certainly not as mobile as Dinho. But very good at retaining the ball in tight spaces. Intelligent and technically superb.

Do we have anyone who could fit in a three like that? Silva, KdB and Nasri. And more importantly would it work in the PL?

Well De Bruyne was on Monreal, and he did a good job of nullifying him. Fernandinho wasn't great, but at least he tries.

We're talking about their goals right? on their first Monreal was all alone on our right, Sagna had to mark both him and Walcott. Fernandinho as far as I could make out was marking fresh air.

After watching Yaya play minimal defense, keep pessesion by passing to back four most of the time, and play in no man's land for big stretches of the game, with his only good quality was a consolation goal in the dying embers of the game, I think we have him in the wrong position... What posisition can make little to no effort on defense, walk for a good majority of the game, and still be looked on fondly by one moment of greatness? Striker, that's the only position I'd start yaya for the rest of the season, because he is the cancer in our defense at cdm. When he's holding mid there is always so much space and absolutely no support for our back four on breaks. The only time I see him try on defense he jogs at the ball and after one pass he's out of the play, it's pathetic really....

CNlyyr3WsAAyvBj.jpg

Magnificent but the game is about more than just doing the spectacular now and then, especially away against a title rival.

He has been our best player of late for me but he went missing again last night for large parts just when we needed him the most, especially defensively.

he is not alone either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.