Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our best player for the last 2 games imo but for 70 mins last night, lazy and unprofessional, completely neglecting any defensive duties and setting no example at all.

A typical rip roaring finish from him wont hide that fact either.
Jesus, if our best player last night was lazy, unprofessional, neglected his duties and set no example then we're really in the shit! Haha!

If anything it helps as opponents know he has no defensive thoughts in his mind at all. I was staggered at how many times he let Ozil run last him.
Not only Özil. It was obvious several times that he just didn't want to run backwards and help defending. Second half was pure Kamikaze and we were lucky they did not convert any of their chances coming from quick counter attacks where our players would just jog back uninterested.

I think it's time for him to move on and I'm sure he feels the same. There's no way that Pep will put up with someone who plays for himself and not the team.

Scoring with a sensational strike does not cover up the fact that he didn't try until the last 15 minutes, only turning it on when he thought the opposition were tired.

And, as said above, his lack of marking with Ozil was unforgivable in my eyes. He let their best player just swan around in behind him and accept the ball into his feet for fun.

Scored and was our most dangerous player in attack. Why should Yaya be marking ozil how many times did ozil chase down
Give over. He should be tracking whichever Arsenal player is running through the fucking huge gaps he leaves, not just Ozil.
Scoring and having a decent last 15 minutes doesn't detract from the fact he was a passanger for the majority of the game.

Scored and was our most dangerous player in attack. Why should Yaya be marking ozil how many times did ozil chase down
Then he should have been in attack and not one of two deep midfielders whose job it was to shield the defence and pick up their attackers.

Ah Yaya what a player he was 18 months ago drive determination and would drag our team over the finishing line. Now just a shadow of his former glorious self and at times doesn't even look like a team player, which makes it even worse that he is made captain. Horrible to say but the quicker we can get used to playing without Yaya in the team the better. Still has the ability to be a match winner but having 15min spells in a 90 minute game sadly just isn't good enough at this level. I am sure he will enjoy NYCFC come summer.

^^^^ And he was the captain last night as well. Jogging around whilst the Arsenal players sprinted past him.

This. That left an indelible imprint on my mind. There were like 3 Arsenal players sprinting right passed him. Does his teammates and manager not see this?! Look at Flamini when Ramsey was leaving him isolated, he was vocal telling him to get back in position. Why doesn't anyone on our team get on him. It's embarrassing when he can't be bothered to track back when the opposing team is countering and sprinting right passed him. You are in midfield for goodness sake!!!

I cannot believe he's allowed to be captain, it's right up there with Tranny being captain of Portugal for strangest player to make captain. Letting the player with the worst attitude be captain just to massage his ego is pretty much just deciding to play without a captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.