Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he should have been in attack and not one of two deep midfielders whose job it was to shield the defence and pick up their attackers.

If Yaya plays the role he starts with complete with defensive responsibilities, then we need another body. We need to start with twelve. He is invariably the best player on the pitch after 75 mins when he is shoved up beyond where he started and is in the space just behind the striker!

Yaya is a good player as long as you take into account his weaknesses. He can't help being a big lump, if you watched last night at times he was bent over jogging.

The manager sees him in training so either knows his limitations or can see the lack of effort , either way he makes the calls where to play him. In most peoples opinion that is not in a midfield 2 but Pellers keeps playing yaya in that roll.

Other than Hart ,for one reason or another , he is the the only member of the spine we are getting anything out of at all.

I was convinced he was off in the summer and was surprised when he didn't leave. The arrival of Pogba would have seen him on his way.
I thought Carragher was pretty much spot on in his rant last night and moving Silva to accommodate Yaya is now bordering on the absurd.

Please come back soon Captain.

Next season he will not be playing, but he won't be alone.

I think Pep might be able to use the following but not necessarily in their current positions.

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kompany, Dinho, Sterling, KdB, Kun, Silva, Denayer, Delph, Nacho, Sagna, Nasri

Players on there way would include Yaya, Bony, Kolarov, Clichy, Nando

He should be able to fashion a defence, although there's no Alves or Alaba in that lot. Attack a bit light but there is quality in there. More concerning is a mobile, hardworking and skillful midfield. We have skillful, Silva, Nasri neither of whom are hard working, we have mobile Dinho, Delph but are they good enough passers?

More purchasing required I think.

If anything it helps as opponents know he has no defensive thoughts in his mind at all. I was staggered at how many times he let Ozil run last him.

Jesus, if our best player last night was lazy, unprofessional, neglected his duties and set no example then we're really in the shit! Haha!

Not only Özil. It was obvious several times that he just didn't want to run backwards and help defending. Second half was pure Kamikaze and we were lucky they did not convert any of their chances coming from quick counter attacks where our players would just jog back uninterested.

I think it's time for him to move on and I'm sure he feels the same. There's no way that Pep will put up with someone who plays for himself and not the team.

Scoring with a sensational strike does not cover up the fact that he didn't try until the last 15 minutes, only turning it on when he thought the opposition were tired.

And, as said above, his lack of marking with Ozil was unforgivable in my eyes. He let their best player just swan around in behind him and accept the ball into his feet for fun.

This is exactly why the pundits are dangerous, you get people like these (and I'm sure many other examples in this thread) just spouting Carragher's analysis verbatim. Seriously, do we 'actually' know it was Yaya's job to close down Ozil ? From what I saw the first goal came from a brilliant piece of individual skill, nothing more nothing less, and the second from a very poor pass from Mangala. Was Yaya supposed to predict this !!??

Christ if you dissect every goal you could make any player culpable. Any goal conceded is invariably down to some kind of mistake from someone.

The facts are we controlled the game up until the goal and had we gone in one nil down who knows how the game would have ended. The fact is that the 2nd goal forced us to chase the game and in the end Yaya was absolutely running the show and scored a quite brilliant goal. He is getting back to title winning form and that excites the hell out of me.

This is exactly why the pundits are dangerous, you get people like these (and I'm sure many other examples in this thread) just spouting Carragher's analysis verbatim. Seriously, do we 'actually' know it was Yaya's job to close down Ozil ? From what I saw the first goal came from a brilliant piece of individual skill, nothing more nothing less, and the second from a very poor pass from Mangala. Was Yaya supposed to predict this !!??

Christ if you dissect every goal you could make any player culpable. Any goal conceded is invariably down to some kind of mistake from someone.

The facts are we controlled the game up until the goal and had we gone in one nil down who knows how the game would have ended. The fact is that the 2nd goal forced us to chase the game and in the end Yaya was absolutely running the show and scored a quite brilliant goal. He is getting back to title winning form and that excites the hell out of me.
No idea what carragher said because I didn't listen to him.
If he said Yaya was a passenger for 75 minutes he was right.

I was talking only about the second half, and while it may not have been Yaya's specific job to close down Özil, I think it is fair to say the he looked like he had given up on tracking back during large parts of this. That he woke up in the last 20 minutes is also undeniable. He was not alone though. Our 2nd half was not very convincing IMO.

Well when you play at the highest level you do dissect every goal, and you look at who was culpable, sorry that you don't understand the basics of football, hopefully you'll get there one day.

Well when you play at the highest level you do dissect every goal, and you look at who was culpable, sorry that you don't understand the basics of football, hopefully you'll get there one day.

Who was culpable then? Who was Fernandinho marking? What about DeBruyne? Not excusing Yaya but I'd love to know what these two were at too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.