Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya is a carbon copy of Mourinho, in terms of he can guarantee you success short term because he is so immensely talented but he also alienates his own team after a while because of his selfishness.

Football is a team sport and the only way you can keep harmony and spirit in a team in the long term is if everybody works together and works for each other. When one person is in it for personal glory or isn't putting in the same effort as everybody else it creates resentment and a lack of trust in the group which divides it (e.g. Ronaldo refusing to pass to Bale). Mancini lost his job because he continued to pick Yaya who clearly wasn't giving his 100% effort in his final season and it's looking very much like Pellegrini is going to lose his job because of the very same issue.

At the end of the day you pick a team based on who is working the hardest. If the most talented players aren't getting picked then they need to work harder to get into the team and justify their selection, if they're not prepared to work as hard as others in the team then open the door and fuck them off.

I've not seen any pundits comments so this is completely my own:

Barring his goal I was extremely disappointed in Yaya's performance last night. It was an example of the very thing I had been arguing a week or so ago in this thread (that we have to accommodate Yaya's new found weaknesses and that as time goes on it will be more difficult to justify that accommodation).

Many are right in saying Fernandinho did not look that great in the match but I truly believe much of that is down to having to do nearly all of the closing down whilst Yaya jogged about.

we were coming into the game arsenal dropped off which meant yaya then got more space and was pushed further up, all this bollox he only started playing in the last 20 minutes, more like we only started playing how we can do in the last 30 minutes more like .

Big conundrum is Yaya. What to do? He has bucketloads of talent but is a lazy twat. We keep him in the team in the hope he will decide to put in the effort and be the player we know he can be, but he invariably puts in a half arsed performance but provides one important moment in the game to keep us aware of his talent.

He has been so influential and instrumental to our success that we don't know how to play without him. I think its time to learn. its time for Pellegrini to tell him to shape up. Drop him until he decides to get fit and perform his duties fully. Play with Delph and Fernandinho as a holding two much like we had De Jong and Barry. Bring on Yaya later on in games in a CAM role. Kind of biting off your nose to spite your face but at this stage something needs to be done.

Yep let's play Delph in a holding 2 and see how we still get battered defensively and create nothing at the other end

Big conundrum is Yaya. What to do? He has bucketloads of talent but is a lazy twat. We keep him in the team in the hope he will decide to put in the effort and be the player we know he can be, but he invariably puts in a half arsed performance but provides one important moment in the game to keep us aware of his talent.

He has been so influential and instrumental to our success that we don't know how to play without him. I think its time to learn. its time for Pellegrini to tell him to shape up. Drop him until he decides to get fit and perform his duties fully. Play with Delph and Fernandinho as a holding two much like we had De Jong and Barry. Bring on Yaya later on in games in a CAM role. Kind of biting off your nose to spite your face but at this stage something needs to be done.

The something that needs to be done is to bring in a replacement, a player who can take over his playmaking role but younger and with more energy. But that isn't going to happen until summer so its a case of making the best of a bad job. Its a choice between keeping him in the team and trying to cover for his defensive frailties, or leave him out and accept that we're going to be much less creative, more dependent on individual brilliance.

Neither option is great in terms of something being done.

I've not seen any pundits comments so this is completely my own:

Barring his goal I was extremely disappointed in Yaya's performance last night. It was an example of the very thing I had been arguing a week or so ago in this thread (that we have to accommodate Yaya's new found weaknesses and that as time goes on it will be more difficult to justify that accommodation).

Many are right in saying Fernandinho did not look that great in the match but I truly believe much of that is down to having to do nearly all of the closing down whilst Yaya jogged about.

Carragher was very critical of him last night.

Said something about Yaya needing a walking stick when running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.