Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This blame game aimed at Yaya every time we lose is an utter disgrace. I couldn't watch the game against arsenal but listened to the match in the car on radio Manchester, the 2 blue commentators actually said Yaya was great and was pulling the team through looking for the goal (which he actually got) but was controlling the game looking for an equaliser with every attack going through him.

So anyone actually saying shit or not good enough should look elsewhere to lay a little blame for once.

Isn't it a bit rich criticising fans who were actually there or watched the match who have stated what they saw. Having watched the match, I think the two commentators you are referencing were being extremely generous.

I blame the pundits who want to always push an agenda. One of the agendas is team can't win with 2 man midfield with Yaya. Well if I recall correctly game started with 3 man midfield and team was down 2-0. As far as I'm concerned the two goals conceded had nothing to do with Yaya. First goal, if anyone was to blame was Sagna for not being tighter on Walcott and Silva for not closing defender from making initial pass. 2nd was all on Magnolia for giving away the ball.

If you want to pick on player, you can watch him for 90 minutes and find 50 things they could/should have done. Hindsight is perfect. I could easily blame Bruyne for the game b/c right before the goal he could have squared it to Silva, and game is entirely different up 1 from down 1.

Defensive frailities IMO are all down to the back 4, especially the two CBs. Seems like every game one of them makes a mistake leading to a goal. When you are possession based team with players up the field it is important 1) not to give up the possession cheaply 2) for your CBs to make good reads and snuff out attacks. This is far bigger issue this season than supposed not tracking back of Yaya.
Hart has also to be responsible for the 2 goals. One on his weak side and one that he should have stop for supposedly a great stopper that he built his reputation on. ;). God knows how many times he turn the ball over to the gunners when instead of pumping the ball he should have being ready to distribute it wisely.
Kudos to Yaya for having the gumption to go for it till the end. What an exquisite Yaya's goal that might have won us the match if Hart had one of his rare barnstorming days. :)

Why is pellegrini not playing him further forward? Has to be given a chance to do what he is best at. Silva wide yaya behind striker kdb other side, Delph and dinho holding. Yaya is still quality.

Why is pellegrini not playing him further forward? Has to be given a chance to do what he is best at. Silva wide yaya behind striker kdb other side, Delph and dinho holding. Yaya is still quality.

Because it doesn't resolve the problem of a gaping hole down the spine... It's a myth anyway, when the legs were still there, last 20 mins, he could still rip through the heart of defences, sadly, his demise is a physical one and not surprising given his size!!!

Yaya dictates our club.

When he doesn't want to put effort in, the whole team doesn't put effort in. When he gives up, the team gives up. When he wants to get us back in the game, the whole team are lifted. The difference in play on occasions during Monday's game was because of Yaya's influence.

This guy's ability is unbelievable and he can do things on the pitch that not many others in world football can do. Unfortunately defensively he is offering us absolutely nothing, he is cheating the team with his lack of work rate (he's not the only one). Pellers is afraid to substitute him because like me he probably knows that Yaya can produce brilliance at any given time. In the last couple of seasons he just hasn't produced his magic enough and is exposing us defensively.

Last edited:
To be fair to him, that last 15 minutes was all down to him. Had he not been on the pitch I think we would have been looking at a 2-0 defeat. The last 15 minutes also seems to have glossed over how average we were in the 50 minutes before that.

My own view is that his offensive capabilities are not what they were and this is why he is being picked up for his perceived laziness and defensive frailties. For me, he has always had this lazy persona and never been great defensively but it was overlooked because of what he brought in terms of goals and attacking play.

I think he has had an ok season. Nothing spectacular but by no means one of our worst players.

I think the criticism is over the top every time we lose. However I do agree that in some games he isn't adding enough and when we are not playing well, like currently, we need more defensive steel in the side. That's Pellegrini's job to sort out. Cant keep criticising Toure and giving Pellegrini a free pass because he picks him and he chooses where he should play.

I think our whole midfield isn't up to the standard needed. We should have addressed this area in the Summer together with the weak left back area but once again seem to have just gone gung ho on forwards who frankly have not really added any extra value to the way we play.

He should be used as an impact sub for the rest of the season last 15-20 mins if needed. Dinho and Delph should start a run of 6-8 games in the middle of midfield and get used to playing together. He offers us nothing defensively for the first 70 mins and little offensively , but comes alive when the opposition are tired and the game is stretched at the end. We should bench him and play someone else, maybe it would lift the rest of the teams spirits playing 11v11 and not a man short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.