Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to be a starter, simple. Against the smaller teams him in a two is fine but against the bigger sides he has to be accompanied by two others. In the end it's him vs Silva but for me Yaya comes out on top because 433 is much better for us than 4231.

He has to be a starter, simple. Against the smaller teams him in a two is fine but against the bigger sides he has to be accompanied by two others. In the end it's him vs Silva but for me Yaya comes out on top because 433 is much better for us than 4231.

How this season is going I can only really see couple of home games where this might be safe to do. We simply can't afford more points dropped just because some bottom half team has flooded the midfield and had their performance of the season against us. The other reason for not doing this is the amount of running Dinho has to do for the 90 mins . He seemed a little tired in a couple of games recently and the last thing we want is him picking up an unnecessary injury and be missing for a few months.

The second about 433 how many times this season have we actually played a proper 433? If he anchors in the pirlo/makelele role the only way this would work is if he is told to do that for 90 mins and nothing else. No runs forwards , no free kicks, he stays in that role and that's it. Even then I have doubts because of the number of times players run past him or the ball is played past him and if he'd actually sprinted 5-10 yards he'd have cut out the danger.

If (Delph or Nando) and Dinho are anchoring and Toure is playing a few yards in advance he tends to last there for about 5 mins (and that's been generous) before he's standing around doing nothing in the vicinity of the striker. This is the reason why a asked in the above paragraph about 4-3-3, because when I've seen it tried it quickly becomes 4-2-3-1 , 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-4.

I agree with you he does have qualities when he's up for it and yes maybe at a push one last chance. Then again that requires a strong manager who tells him that either he plays the anchor role and stays there or he plays as a midfield player "just" in front of the other two. Then, if he decides to do his own things he gets hooked and from them on impact sub only I'm afraid.

Isn't it a bit rich criticising fans who were actually there or watched the match who have stated what they saw. Having watched the match, I think the two commentators you are referencing were being extremely generous.

not really, everyone is free to voice an opinion. But constantly blaming Yaya for all that goes wrong is a tad unfair in my book. Not long ago we would only have dreamt about signing a player of his ability. We cannot keep slating him in regard to defensive duties because we all know he cant physically do it, however that is down to the manager and if he is asking Yaya to still play that way whe he can see himself that Yaya cant, then that is a tactical fault of Pellegrini

not really, everyone is free to voice an opinion. But constantly blaming Yaya for all that goes wrong is a tad unfair in my book. Not long ago we would only have dreamt about signing a player of his ability. We cannot keep slating him in regard to defensive duties because we all know he cant physically do it, however that is down to the manager and if he is asking Yaya to still play that way whe he can see himself that Yaya cant, then that is a tactical fault of Pellegrini

I was more commenting on your assertion that no one should be slating Yaya for his performance on Monday after confirming you hadn't even seen the match but believed two commentators.

Why is pellegrini not playing him further forward? Has to be given a chance to do what he is best at. Silva wide yaya behind striker kdb other side, Delph and dinho holding. Yaya is still quality.

Why should David be displaced just so we can accommodate Yaya. Of the two, Merlin is far better in that position IMO

Why can't Silva play in a 4-3-3?

Why can't Silva play in a 4-3-3?
I would be asking that question too. My own ideas of a 4-3-3 formation [something that Txiki once said he wants the club to evolve to as it would mean a seamless transition from the academy to the first team] would be to have a midfield three mix of a holding player, a schemer and a box-to-box player. Silva and Fernandinho are ideal for these roles but sadly Yaya cannot play a box-to-box game anymore.

I would be asking that question too. My own ideas of a 4-3-3 formation [something that Txiki once said he wants the club to evolve to as it would mean a seamless transition from the academy to the first team] would be to have a midfield three mix of a holding player, a schemer and a box-to-box player. Silva and Fernandinho are ideal for these roles but sadly Yaya cannot play a box-to-box game anymore.

I don't think Silva would be as effective deep as he is further up. Just my opinion, doubt his defensive work rate would be any better than Yaya's too.

Yaya can play the schemer role, he pretty much does that for us now. Silva wouldn't be as effective deep IMO and can't play wide for obvious reasons.

I don't think Silva would be as effective deep as he is further up. Just my opinion, doubt his defensive work rate would be any better than Yaya's too.

Think about it another way. If Silva plays a little bit deeper he's going to be harder to mark and that in turn will create space for other players like Sterling and De Bruyne to cut inside when the fullbacks overlap, rather than becoming overcrowded. As for him not being as good as Yaya defensively, just fucking behave. It genuinely is impossible to be as bad as Yaya defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.