Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya can play the schemer role, he pretty much does that for us now. Silva wouldn't be as effective deep IMO and can't play wide for obvious reasons.

But what's the point because Silva is better all round, in absolutely every aspect of play other than goal scoring.

Fernandinho is more than capable of playing a box to box role as well, given more freedom when he doesn't have to cover Yaya's lazy arse and he can get forward, get back and get goals.

But what's the point because Silva is better all round, in absolutely every aspect of play other than goal scoring.

Fernandinho is more than capable of playing a box to box role as well, given more freedom when he doesn't have to cover Yaya's lazy arse and he can get forward, get back and get goals.

All round? Lol he's a better dribbler and easier on the eye. Yaya has a better passing range(key for deep midfield roles), better at driving, has the same ability to pick passes. He's basically better at being a central midfielder which is what you need in a 433.

Yaya has shown repeatedly that he can no longer play in a midfield two. Fact.

The question then is, what do we do with him? Undoubtedly Yaya has been an incredible player but the game goes on around him too much these days. Can he be effective in the number 10 role behind the striker? If not where else would could we play him?

Yaya is a huge presence within the dressing room for better or for worse, but I fear his time with us is up and the harsh truth is we would be better off without him.

Thank you for the many many special memories.

I think you're a Wum who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Thanks for the insult.

At the beginning of the season everyone was happy that we didn't sell Yaya because he was doing well, he created the chance for KDB to win us the game against Sevilla.

He scored wonderful goal against Arsenal and was close to get the 2nd.

He have 4 goals & 4 assists in the league for us so far, and this is not bad for CM.

I have only seen the game, once at the match itself, and I am very surprised at the tone of these comments

To me, we were much the better side in the 1st half; Arsenal had 2 shots on target in this period yet were 2-0 up at half time. One shot was from outside the box and the other was after a defensive mistake from Mangala. If De Bruyne had squared the ball to Silva we'd had deservedly gone ahead. In general play in the 1st half we also got into more dangerous areas than Arsenal 30 yards from goal and were just a final ball from fashioning a clear cut opportunity. We had more shots and more corners than Arsenal in this period. The 2nd half we started a bit ragged but then bossed it for the last 20 minutes.

It really surprises me then having played like this away at the team whose squad is probably the second best in the league after our own, to read comments that infer our central midfield of Yaya (and Fernadinho as well who I thought was immense in his closing down) played poorly.

Yaya is integral to how we play with the ball. He exerts control with the accuracy of his passing, both long and short, and dictates the whole tempo of the way we play. I think people attribute too much to Yaya's bursting runs in defining his performance (which admittedly he is not able to do as much as he used to) when his real value is that he will make 90 passes a game with 90% pass completion rate. Fernandinho and Delph are both very good all round midfielders but Yaya's passing and the resulting control he exerts on the game is on a totally different level to theirs.

There are obviously defensive issues with Yaya but I think a way should still be found to accommodate him in the side so that he can dictate play from deep, much like Juventus fitted Pirlo into their team and reached the Champions League final.

I have not seen Carragher's comments but I did see the comments he made about Sagna in the Stoke game which seemed to be a total hatchet job. To single out Sagna in a team game, when Fernando sold himself for both goals, Kolarov did not close down Shaqiri (sp?) and Otamendi got dragged out of postion for the first, just seemed like bitter over the top hyperbole from someone without a League champions medal.

I have only seen the game, once at the match itself, and I am very surprised at the tone of these comments

To me, we were much the better side in the 1st half; Arsenal had 2 shots on target in this period yet were 2-0 up at half time. One shot was from outside the box and the other was after a defensive mistake from Mangala. If De Bruyne had squared the ball to Silva we'd had deservedly gone ahead. In general play in the 1st half we also got into more dangerous areas than Arsenal 30 yards from goal and were just a final ball from fashioning a clear cut opportunity. We had more shots and more corners than Arsenal in this period. The 2nd half we started a bit ragged but then bossed it for the last 20 minutes.

It really surprises me then having played like this away at the team whose squad is probably the second best in the league after our own, to read comments that infer our central midfield of Yaya (and Fernadinho as well who I thought was immense in his closing down) played poorly.

Yaya is integral to how we play with the ball. He exerts control with the accuracy of his passing, both long and short, and dictates the whole tempo of the way we play. I think people attribute too much to Yaya's bursting runs in defining his performance (which admittedly he is not able to do as much as he used to) when his real value is that he will make 90 passes a game with 90% pass completion rate. Fernandinho and Delph are both very good all round midfielders but Yaya's passing and the resulting control he exerts on the game is on a totally different level to theirs.

There are obviously defensive issues with Yaya but I think a way should still be found to accommodate him in the side so that he can dictate play from deep, much like Juventus fitted Pirlo into their team and reached the Champions League final.

I have not seen Carragher's comments but I did see the comments he made about Sagna in the Stoke game which seemed to be a total hatchet job. To single out Sagna in a team game, when Fernando sold himself for both goals, Kolarov did not close down Shaqiri (sp?) and Otamendi got dragged out of postion for the first, just seemed like bitter over the top hyperbole from someone without a League champions medal.
Would'nt waste your time mate, it's full of the raggy cunts on here and the media fed 'n' led..

Thanks for the insult.

At the beginning of the season everyone was happy that we didn't sell Yaya because he was doing well, he created the chance for KDB to win us the game against Sevilla.

He scored wonderful goal against Arsenal and was close to get the 2nd.

He have 4 goals & 4 assists in the league for us so far, and this is not bad for CM.
Anyone who thinks Yaya has been our most valuable player this season can only be described as a wum - that's being generous as well.
The couple of examples you've given don't cut it when we're nearly half way through the season.

Would'nt waste your time mate, it's full of the raggy cunts on here and the media fed 'n' led..
Aww diddums - are people saying YaYa has been poor and now we're all raggy cunts. Open your eyes and take the whole 90 minutes in and not the odd 15 minutes when he decides to turn up.

Carragher just trying to sound clever. Shit pundits like him will usually single out one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.