Players allegedly singing “Allez” song

The victims reference may have its origins at Hillsborugh but it far transcends Hilsbrough now..
I horrifically watched Hillsborough live on tv after witnessing the same fans ( 2 coaches and a couple of layland minibuses ) a couple of hours before ransacking a family members shop At the bottom of the woodhead pass. walking out with what ever they wanted , Booz , snacks, even flowers pushing a elderly aunt out of there way .
And when I here the song within its Kiev content I’m thinking about the Uproar they has when Salah was injured , playing the victims
only as a after thought do I think about “ arrr yea rags call them victims “ for not taking any responsibility for the tragedy that happens In Sheffield..
and to be honest in my eyes and many others who had the displeasure of bumping into them ****s that day, in another time , without the pc brigade of today , the jury’s still out on there behaviour and subsequent consequences,
but that’s another argument.
As is the poor bloke who got done in by the Roma fans , club sponsored hostile reception to the opposition team bus (free for all for idiots to do what they want with minimum investigation ) and whilst Roma would have been lurking and looking for trouble , maybe lfc antics could have prevented it to an extent rather then stoking the flames that led to a poor bloke getting life changing injuries, then accepting zero responsibility
I never once thought about the cox bloke whilst hearing the song until yesterday.
The victims fits them perfectly and the Rags new it way before the rest of us cottoned on....
Will be sung double loud on Sat and so it should .. we shouldn’t be censored by the press coz the dippers are offended again ..

The jury is not out on Hillsborough. A public inquiry concluded based on lots of evidence that it happened because of a massive organisational fuck up by the police. Then, they conspired with the government and the press to cover it up. This is not up for debate, it was proven.

Hooliganism happened everywhere in the 80s, crowd crushes and deaths did not.

The word victim in this context can be interpreted in many ways .
It’s the media who is making the assumption.

You know what is meant by Liverpool and Victims. That is the Always the Victims never your fault argument. They are doing a lot to convince me that that is true at the moment, but this argument was employed by some Mancs in the aftermath of Hillsborough.

The media as usual got this all wrong. This song stems out of rivalry and in particular the bus attack which they almost totally ignored but that does not mean we can say and do what we want. As a fanbase we are better than that. We didn't after all respond in kind when Liverpool fans came to City. We should change the words or stop singing it. There's bits I love, such as Sterling did the Double, Scousers won F'all, but other bits I don't like.

It doesn't come close though to a 1,000 fans raining down bottles on our bus in a pre-planned organised and policed event.

100% agreed Marv. I feel like on this topic everyone is just taking tribal positions out of defensiveness.

Battered in the streets refers to violence, so it's deliberately ambiguous about Sean Cox.
Victims of it all is a reference to "always the victims" which we all know they will take as a reference to Hillsborough.

We could easily change it and they'd still be upset about us singing that tune. I don't expect it to happen though given the context: it's just turned into a black and white argument.

The word victim in this context can be interpreted in many ways .
It’s the media who is making the assumption.

It's open to interpretation, which means of course they can and will take it to mean a reference to Hillsborough. We know that. They know that. So it effectively is, even if some people want to justify it with shades of meaning.

We could so easily change the words to be about all manner of things, including their fan's attack on the team bus.

Victims of it all. The all, referring to the previous lines. Particularly pertinent to the fuss made about the Salah/Ramos incident.
This is NOT about Hillsborough/Heysel or Sean Cox and everyone knows it. So why are people saying it could be about this and that.
It's about their failed trip to Kiev and Liverpool fans need to feel victimised by all and sundry, nothing more nothing less.
Battered in the streets is about some Liverpool fans getting hurt. What else can it mean? Does it matter which fan?

Victims of it all is the well known argument that Liverpool fans are responsible for every circumstance.

Every City fan knows the meaning to these words. It might not be what is in your mind when you sing it, but think what the lyrics mean, therefore we should change it.

Taking sides.

When every Liverpool fan say’s sorry and shows just a little bit of remorse for the City coach attack, instead of still seeing nothing wrong with it, and still laughing about it, I might change my views on our version of Allez? Until then, f*** em!

It's open to interpretation, which means of course they can and will take it to mean a reference to Hillsborough. We know that. They know that. So it effectively is, even if some people want to justify it with shades of meaning.

We could so easily change the words to be about all manner of things, including their fan's attack on the team bus.
Only we have all hear the always the victim never your fault argument a thousand times and know perfectly well what this means.

It has been sung all season,we won on sunday and they have seen their arses proving the point that they play the victims over everything,blues now saying it's about Hillsborough and Cox are doing the dipper media's job for them,they should look at their own songs that specifically name things that have happened before they throw stones

The jury is not out on Hillsborough. A public inquiry concluded based on lots of evidence that it happened because of a massive organisational fuck up by the police. Then, they conspired with the government and the press to cover it up. This is not up for debate, it was proven.

Hooliganism happened everywhere in the 80s, crowd crushes and deaths did not.

Your right, jury is not out .. poor choice of words
today’s jury looked at it different from then.

You’ll find that crowd crushes happen quite frequently in the 80s and 90s , iv been involved in a few and have seen many injuries but thankfully no deaths.
Rest of it’s a matter of opinion, today’s opinion differs from then.. evidence is there for all to see there was disorder along with a organisation fuck up as you put

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.