Players allegedly singing “Allez” song

"All" is the whole universe, if you want to dissect the words to that extent.
You know what is meant by Liverpool and Victims. That is the Always the Victims never your fault argument. They are doing a lot to convince me that that is true at the moment, but this argument was employed by some Mancs in the aftermath of Hillsborough.

The media as usual got this all wrong. This song stems out of rivalry and in particular the bus attack which they almost totally ignored but that does not mean we can say and do what we want. As a fanbase we are better than that. We didn't after all respond in kind when Liverpool fans came to City. We should change the words or stop singing it. There's bits I love, such as Sterling did the Double, Scousers won F'all, but other bits I don't like.

It doesn't come close though to a 1,000 fans raining down bottles on our bus in a pre-planned organised and policed event.

Have you actually considered the lyrics and what they mean?

"Victims of it all. Battered in the streets." I stopped singing it ages ago. The victims of it all, can easily be interpreted as being about Hillsboro. No city fan who sings it is thinking about that, they are just thinking about our rivalry with Liverpool but you should have some standards of behaviour, and self respect regardless of the behaviour of Liverpool fans and the one-eyed media angle

Victims of it all. The all, referring to the previous lines. Particularly pertinent to the fuss made about the Salah/Ramos incident.
This is NOT about Hillsborough/Heysel or Sean Cox and everyone knows it. So why are people saying it could be about this and that.
It's about their failed trip to Kiev and Liverpool fans need to feel victimised by all and sundry, nothing more nothing less.

You know what is meant by Liverpool and Victims. That is the Always the Victims never your fault argument. They are doing a lot to convince me that that is true at the moment, but this argument was employed by some Mancs in the aftermath of Hillsborough.

The media as usual got this all wrong. This song stems out of rivalry and in particular the bus attack which they almost totally ignored but that does not mean we can say and do what we want. As a fanbase we are better than that. We didn't after all respond in kind when Liverpool fans came to City. We should change the words or stop singing it. There's bits I love, such as Sterling did the Double, Scousers won F'all, but other bits I don't like.

It doesn't come close though to a 1,000 fans raining down bottles on our bus in a pre-planned organised and policed event.
I think you're taking this "victims" reference way out of context. Cast your mind back to the aftermath of that CL final and they were whinging hysterically about all kinds of supposed injustices that occurred in and around that game.

That's clearly what "victims of it all" refers to - i.e. "all" = every supposed injustice that happened that night. It's really not difficult to grasp, and anyone looking to link it to Hillsborough simply has a mawkish obsession with being offended by everything, regardless of the very obvious context.

It's a fairly shit song that gets far too much airtime in my opinion. But there's clearly nothing in it for anyone to get this upset over. And it's about to get far more airtime now following this ridiculous overreaction.

The media, the Scouser police and the football authorities effectively laughed at the vile bus attack. Imagine what the response would have been if we had attacked their bus in this manner. Outrage in the media, convictions in the courts and heavy fines/stadium closures or been banned from the competition. Notwithstanding, the contemptible double standards and the deliberate conflation of this song with Hillsborough and Sean Cox if it is causing genuine upset to relatives, which of course is not the intent, then perhaps we should refrain from singing it.

He even managed to get in on radio questioning why a team that had just won the league was even singing about Liverpool?

Shamelessly piggybacking on his brother's plight to score another partisan point.

What a shame he can't trade in his points for actual Premier League ones, eh?

Ah but moral points are worth more than real ones in their world.

The scouse narative media is getting to a few on here. Im reading people sympathising with them on how a song means this and that.

It was made up by blues, i would think they know what its refering to better than some look for the negative slant fucking scouse prick.

The song starts with all the way to Kiev...so thats the be all and end all.

Cant believe people are falling for the cults propaganda.

THEY ARE PLAYING THE VICTIMS - JUST LIKE THE SONG SAYS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.