Players facing criminal proceedings

Guilty and city can void the contract with no challenge.

Not guilty - City will still want out and will probably pay him off and release him. He would be a free agent. Maybe they would put some claus in that he could not sign for a rival if that was a concern but I think they would just want it done.

Its also worth saying that the length of time this is taking is a shit show. Tories have run the courts in to the ground with under funding and there are massive backlogs. This could drag on a lot longer.
Tbf a new victim seems to come forward each week.

If players get convicted and sentenced to 3 months or more (not suspended) the contract can be terminated with 14 days' notice.

I hope if he is found guilty (likely from what's out there) of his criminal charges, that firstly his victims get the best possible help from counselling compensation and other things that can genuinely help them move on as quickly as possible.

Plus secondly that we jump on top of that and sue him for every penny that he'll have left... I think we can try and sue him for everything including the transfer fee in theory it's not an unprecedented move in major breaches of conduct, technically he's damaged the image of our club Chelsea sued Adrian Mutu for the £15-£18m fee they paid (can't remember exact fee) plus wages in a long protracted case costing Abramovic more millions than he'd receive.

I'd just love us to sue him not for our own financial gain but from a moral standpoint and so he'll be absolutely skint when released if actually found guilty.

I wonder if we would be able to sue the police if found not guillty for depriving us of being able to play him?

Probably best not to mention that him being arrested was maybe the difference in us winning the league last year.

If that was the case, every single person who ever gets a not guilty would be able to sue.

A not guilty doesn’t = the police/ cps were wrong to bring charges.

We currently have a player on trial for very serious criminal charges. If found guilty, his contract will be terminated immediately. But if he is found not guilty I'm guessing he will still never play for us again but assume City will still have to pay him or pay him off ? Anyone know what the process would be here?
He could be cleared of criminal charges but still in breach of his contract because of his general behaviour during a covid restriction period. I wonder if City have any insurance in place for reputational damage. They would be covered if they lost him to a career-ending injury for example. This thread should really be closed down because of the contempt of court risk. Some of today's newspapers sailed very close to the wind in my view.

Last edited:
He could be cleared of criminal charges but still in breach of his contract because of his general behaviour during a covid restriction period. I wonder if City have any insurance in place for reputational damage. They would be covered if they lost him to a career-ending injury for example. This thread should really be closed down because of the contempt of court risk. Some of today's newspapers sailed very close to the wind in my view.
I agree, I kept the opening post very generic for that very reason.

I wonder if we would be able to sue the police if found not guillty for depriving us of being able to play him?

Probably best not to mention that him being arrested was maybe the difference in us winning the league last year.
Doubt the police can be sued.
The decision to prosecute was taken by the DPP, not the police.

If he’s not guilty, he was fucking crap anyway.

I can’t see him walking away from this with a career regardless of the outcome. I hope, if it is the case, that the ‘alleged’ victims get their closure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.