Players facing criminal proceedings

Doubt the police can be sued.
The decision to prosecute was taken by the DPP, not the police.
You can have civil cases for damages against the police for things like malicious prosecution but as I understand it fairly rare and hard to prove. Given evidence and number of women involved there would be no chance of doing so here.

Guilty and city can void the contract with no challenge.

Not guilty - City will still want out and will probably pay him off and release him. He would be a free agent. Maybe they would put some claus in that he could not sign for a rival if that was a concern but I think they would just want it done.

Its also worth saying that the length of time this is taking is a shit show. Tories have run the courts in to the ground with under funding and there are massive backlogs. This could drag on a lot longer.
I’d prefer he sign with a rival tbh, he’d be a huge help to City in a Liverpool shirt

If he is found guilty City will need to (if they haven't quietly already) fully investigate whether the club has, in anyway, indirectly helped to enable this behaviour. Were other players/staff aware or had suspicions that they failed to pass on? Do we need to further educate our players and staff? Do we have sufficient safe-guarding in place, etc.

Guilty and city can void the contract with no challenge.

Not guilty - City will still want out and will probably pay him off and release him. He would be a free agent. Maybe they would put some claus in that he could not sign for a rival if that was a concern but I think they would just want it done.

Its also worth saying that the length of time this is taking is a shit show. Tories have run the courts in to the ground with under funding and there are massive backlogs. This could drag on a lot longer.
Tories will be Tories, unfortunately.

If he is found guilty City will need to (if they haven't quietly already) fully investigate whether the club has, in anyway, indirectly helped to enable this behaviour. Were other players/staff aware or had suspicions that they failed to pass on? Do we need to further educate our players and staff? Do we have sufficient safe-guarding in place, etc.
Not having a dig at you mate but it's a sad state of affairs when people need educating on basic right and wrong. I don't buy the whole too much young, people have only ever kissed their arse from an early age rhetoric.

No one should need educating on matters such as this. If he's found guilty I hope karma comes for him in prison.

I know a colleague of mine takes drugs, but don't expect to be in the shit if he gets done for possession. I know you mean well, but this shifting of blame and personal responsibility is bollocks - if he raped people it's his doing and his fault only.

If he is found not guilty,then he has been royally fucked over to put it mildly.....

Not guilty =/= innocent, I wouldn't be rushing to feel sorry for people like that especially in rape cases where so few can be proven beyond reasonable doubt despite a preponderance of the evidence pointing towards it happening.

I don't think there's any chance the man in question has been "fucked over royally" no matter how the jury decides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.