Players have their say - and we should listen

Dhenry

I'm sure these have been posted somewhere before, but bear with me for a good point:

Santa Cruz
Striker says squad all behind manager
link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5735643,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 43,00.html</a>

De Jong
Blame the players
link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5734505,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 05,00.html</a>

Two ways to take this

a) Players saying they need to toughen up and perform to their capabilities, hence, the best we can do is back the team on wednesday and make sure they know they have our support to reach the heights they are capable of

b) Players saying that through the 'Hughes media machine'. Means Hughes is, through the backing of higher staff, here for the long run. Moaning won't change that. Instead of drooling over the thought of Hiddink/Mourinho/etc. back Hughes to improve as the Saudi lads who are bright enough to make a couple of mil every hour seem to think he has what it takes.

As biblical and hopeful as it may sound, I just hope we put aside our differences when the team walk onto the pitch and we make the noise to tell them we support them, through thick and thin. Whether we believe in a) or b), the fact is, we need to show to them that they have our support and not hurl abuse at any individual error (on or off the pitch).

No matter how sceptical you are about the media machine, these articles clearly state to me - Hughes ain't going no-where. The players accept (or welcome) it. So should we.

Probably the best post I have read on this forum in a long, long time and a good read. Thanks for that :-)

Meaningless, very few players will come out to the media and say that the manager has fucked the whole thing up and of the 2 only DeJong matters as Santa Cruz knows his only chance of getting near the first team is with Hughes there as the manager(its a whole lot easier to drop someone elses 15m player than your own!).

bizzbo said:
really don't share your reading of the articles, I mean, just the fact they are talking about these things, players behind the manager is a huge cliché, but what do I know.

Definitely a cliche and in no way do I expect these articles to be the be-all and end-all of Hughes outers (I don't classify myself as an inner by the way, just a supporter of anyone on the MCFC payroll - if it's someone else this time tomorrow, so be it).

But, taking the skeptical point of view of this being nothing more than a straight-forward Hughes issued self-defence through people who he can please or disappoint through team selection - it still shows the levy the man has in the club. If the players were truly feeling the need for a change AND/OR there was no influence from Khaldoon et al. for backing the current manager, what would there be to stop one of them saying 'he's not doing his job'. The coffin of Hughes would really be sealed properly if a player did that. (DontLookBackInAnger, I think that applies to your argument as well)

Dhenry said:
bizzbo said:
really don't share your reading of the articles, I mean, just the fact they are talking about these things, players behind the manager is a huge cliché, but what do I know.

Definitely a cliche and in no way do I expect these articles to be the be-all and end-all of Hughes outers (I don't classify myself as an inner by the way, just a supporter of anyone on the MCFC payroll - if it's someone else this time tomorrow, so be it).

But, taking the skeptical point of view of this being nothing more than a straight-forward Hughes issued self-defence through people who he can please or disappoint through team selection - it still shows the levy the man has in the club. If the players were truly feeling the need for a change AND/OR there was no influence from Khaldoon et al. for backing the current manager, what would there be to stop one of them saying 'he's not doing his job'. The coffin of Hughes would really be sealed properly if a player did that. (DontLookBackInAnger, I think that applies to your argument as well)

only a complete psycho does that. honestly, I can't think of a single example of a player saying that about his club manager. they might make their views known behind the scenes, but you'd have to have several screws loose to say it in public. they'd get a bad rep with the fans, their fellow pro's, any future manager, or any managers of other clubs if they had to move. and what would they gain? if he's really not doing his job, he'd be gone soon enough anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.