Players have their say - and we should listen

Ive never wanted Hughes here from day one but I'd never shout abuse to him at a game or anywhere else for that matter as I'm sure he's a decent genuine bloke doing his utmost best for the club and himself. The team have my full committed support always and I'd like nothing better than for him to be successful and make me eat humble pie, but that doesn't mean to say i'll ever warm to him.

moomba said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Face it - You don't believe anything except Hughes out.

Considering I've said on a number of times this season that he shouldn't be sacked you are of course, talking shit.
So you want him to stay and improve things?
Have you changed your mind in this regard as you didn't want him in the first place? - and your posts could hardly be construed as supportive of him.
ps Thanks for the "shit" comment

moomba said:
Fair enough, I don't think we can presume that people who tee off against Hughes, or the players on here aren't 100% solid supporters at the ground.

And if we're going to moan, I can't think of a better place for it than here.
My points exactly. If we must, let's moan here (and I've seen a real upsurge of constructive criticism instead of the PaulPowerShower type of posters recently, which I think is fair enough), but leave the negativity behind when we enter the stadium tomorrow.

GaudinoMotors said:
So you want him to stay and improve things?

I want us to be as good as we could be, if Hughes is the person to get there I'm more than happy to swallow my personal dislike of him.

Have you changed your mind in this regard as you didn't want him in the first place? - and your posts could hardly be construed as supportive of him.

I thought he should have been sacked at the end of the last season, he wasn't and that was a disappointment to me. But given he was kept on it, it's only right that he be given the chance to achieve the objectives set for him.

My posts might be seen to be unsupportive to him, in general it's because I think he's doing quite a poor job. I've said before that if someone concedes that he isn't doing a great job, but thinks that sticking with him is the best thing for the club then I have no argument against that. But when people try and suggest that he's doing a great job, or we are so crap that we shouldn't be expecting progress better than a place or two a season, or that anyone who is remotely critical is deluded, or spoilt, or a rag then I'm afraid I'm going to bite 99 times out of 100.

ps Thanks for the "shit" comment

You're welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.