Players lying down behind the wall on free kicks

It will last another season or two and we’ll look back on this in a few years and laugh about the time football teams did the “draught excluder” for absolutely no bloody reason whatsoever.

In my 33 years watching football, I’ve seen Ronaldinho score under the wall twice and de Bruyne once and that’s it. There would be more of a case to put a defensive wall up at the front post on corners.

It’s a bloody nonsense!

Pretty sure KDB has done it twice for us, so it may at leat make sense for teams to do it against us.

(Cardiff and Bournemouth I think).

The long throw seems to be making a comeback and I always think it’s mental having all 10 outfield players defending them in the box. Only adds to the chaos.
Hughes was fucking useless but one good tactical idea he had was when he totally neutralised Stoke by lining up his three fastest players spread across the halfway line, they had to bring four men out
Leeds used to do that early 70's. Alan Clarke was playing at the time.

Modern coaches think outside the box. Pick a tall, rangy player like Cole Palmer and get him to lie on top of the players in the wall. Two or three of the stronger players in the wall could actually lift the player a foot above the wall as the kick is taken.

Alternatively, get a couple of the more nimble players to dangle from the crossbar in the top corners where post meets bar.

Football is a simple game.

Modern coaches think outside the box. Pick a tall, rangy player like Cole Palmer and get him to lie on top of the players in the wall. Two or three of the stronger players in the wall could actually lift the player a foot above the wall as the kick is taken.

Alternatively, get a couple of the more nimble players to dangle from the crossbar in the top corners where post meets bar.

Football is a simple game.
I suspect the problem with lifting a player above their heads would dropping him to close down the attacking players when the kick was taken,

Why oh why don’t teams form a human pyramid like those Eastern European travelling dance troops. The skinny little bloke who‘s at the top could do a flying somersault to intercept any sneaky fucker who manages to dissect the gap between second tier players. Also give a new meaning to the “football pyramid“.

Why oh why don’t teams form a human pyramid like those Eastern European travelling dance troops. The skinny little bloke who‘s at the top could do a flying somersault to intercept any sneaky fucker who manages to dissect the gap between second tier players. Also give a new meaning to the “football pyramid“.
JT. Now this is just the sort of left-field, radical thinking that the modern game needs and good for you sir. If I could be so bold to suggest….. If the pyramid were robust enough an Andy Morrison sized unit could be the apex. Imagine him falling in tactical fashion (but quite accidentally ref) from 20 feet onto the red goofy. His teeth would end up 20 miles away. What a lovely thought.

JT. Now this is just the sort of left-field, radical thinking that the modern game needs and good for you sir. If I could be so bold to suggest….. If the pyramid were robust enough an Andy Morrison sized unit could be the apex. Imagine him falling in tactical fashion (but quite accidentally ref) from 20 feet onto the red goofy. His teeth would end up 20 miles away. What a lovely thought.
That would measure 5 on the Richter scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.