Players made scapegoats and unfairly treated by fans

W W

worsleyweb

We have had a few over the years.

Mahrez
Gundogan
Edghill
Ian Bower

who would you say would make out top ten unfairly treated scapegoats as players and why do we always seem to have one?!

We have had a few over the years.

Mahrez
Gundogan
Edghill
Ian Bower

who would you say would make out top ten unfairly treated scapegoats as players and why do we always seem to have one?!
Every club, every generation has their scapegoat players and we could get all psychological and analytical about it ('Straw Man/Aunt Sally') to try to understand the need in some to target certain players.

For me, the response is simple - never boo a Blue. And that's 'never' as in 'EVER'..

Get behind your team and don't give in to the opposition until the game is done; nor give up on the lads on the field while it's being played.

I remember Neil Mcnab playing with a discounted shoulder and getting booed.

Also a City player smashed the ball forward and it hit Gary Megson in the face and the crowd cheered.

I guess the question is do you think City fans randomly select a player and decide to collectively attack that player just for the hell of it? Or is it performance related? For example, Rodri, Gundogan, Cancelo, Stones, Mahrez were all targets at one stage, but have now won the fans over due to improved performance level. Now Sterling is in the spotlight due to his recent poor form. So blame the fans or should the player up his game?

Watching Footballs Darkest Secret documentary I was surprised to hear David White saying how he tried to drown out the boos when his name was read out as they ran on the pitch.

Memories fade over the years but I don't remember Whitey being a target for the boo boys even though his form did seem to suffer after that miss in his only England appearance.

The abuse Edghill got at Maine Rd was a fcuking disgrace.
I was made up for him when he scored in the penalty shoot out against Gillingham.
Balls like fcuking space hoppers
Yeah Edgy got some stick on the Kippax most of it uncalled for.
Had to get dragged away from some knuckle dragging twat who never shut up slagging him off.
Bumped into Edgy outside Boundary Park and he gave us a few tickets to get in..
Top lad and like you say it took balls of steel to take that penalty at Wembley.. Was made up for him when it went in..
I sometimes moan at players when I watching TV and even on here but never at the ground.
Don't understand the reasoning behind calling out a player who's having a bad game in the ground.. It isn't going to help them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.