Players season ratings

Kdb has gone missing a few times this season but what I will say in his defence it seems to be when the whole team has and he gets no service! If we would have had a modric this season kdb and aguero would have scored and contributed a lot more!

Nacho's low ratings from Whoscored stem from his sub appearances

The defender ratings there are for the most part horseshit too

Really? Then how do you explain Bony getting a rating of 6.32 in Sunday's game for about 15 mins appearance time as compared to Nacho's 6.18 for 70 minutes?

And why are the defender ratings horseshit? Can you actually give a meaningful reason? Do you know what they measure to get to those ratings?

Don't know if anyone else has copied these in as I have note read every page but these are the ratings from whoscored.com and show some interesting divergence from the what people see. I would rank things differently based on my observations but I think these give a fairer indication of actual contribution than most of the contributions that I have bothered to read.

WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome.

Nicolás Otamendi 7.50

Kevin De Bruyne 7.45

Sergio Agüero 7.40

Vincent Kompany 7.28

David Silva 7.28

Gaël Clichy 7.26

Yaya Touré 7.26

Fernandinho 7.18

Aleksandar Kolarov 7.14

Bacary Sagna 7.13

Pablo Zabaleta 6.97

Fernando 6.95

Eliaquim Mangala 6.91

Jesús Navas 6.87

Raheem Sterling 6.78

Willy Caballero 6.76

Fabian Delph 6.75

Joe Hart 6.73

Samir Nasri 6.72

Martín Demichelis 6.64

Wilfried Bony 6.62

Kelechi Iheanacho6.53
Kolorav higher than Sagna, Yaya and Silva's rankings look like they've included last season, Nacho as our worst rated player, Dinho as a middle of pack performer. HAL from 2001 had better decision-making algorithms.

Kolorav higher than Sagna, Yaya and Silva's rankings look like they've included last season, Nacho as our worst rated player, Dinho as a middle of pack performer. HAL from 2001 had better decision-making algorithms.

No measure is perfect or can be.

Very few people are going to think the algorithm is any good if it gives results that they personally do not agree with but at least it is a consistent, comprehensive measure of performance.

The fact that it is comprehensive is why Nacho ranks such a low score: aside from having scored a few goals, and being very clinical in that regard, he has made very little contribution in any other way. So the whoscored ranking may underestimate the importance of his contribution this season but it also highlights just how much the kid needs to develop his game.

I like Dinho a lot but he does not actually influence games enough in an offensive sense, he has never demonstrated that he can run a game in the way that Yaya or Silva can, even when they are fading.

good thread, couldnt wait to see some of ratings..

Then i see KDB getting critisized, aguero some say 7 and Otamendi given 5 !!!

The 3 above players have performed very good with the effortless players around them that have made them look poor.

So the above three all get 8 out of ten, joe hart deserves at least 7 and half for performance but a 10 for all round effort and attitude.

Kelechi, fantsatic. He might not quite be an 8 out of ten but surprise star of the season without a doubt.

Bottom of the pile with 2 out of 10 bony and Sterling can have 5 only because he started well otherwise he wouldnt be far off bony !

Rest of team hover round 4 to 6

Hart 9 - world class again
Caballero 4 - would have been worse if not for the final
Zabaleta 6 - injuries hampered season
Sagna 7 - steady defensively, doesn't add much to the attack though
Demichelis 2 - finished
Otamendi 5 - couple of good games but dives in too much and poor distribution
Mangala 6 - few dodgy games
Kompany 6 - class when fit but not enough games
Clichy 8 - great season again and keeps Cuntarov out
Cuntarov -100 - ****, despise him
Navas 7 - frustrating last ball but look better with him in the side
Fernando 6 - started shite again, but finished season strongly
Fernandinho 9 - player of the season
Toure 6 - not as bad as people make out but best days behind him now
Nasri 5 - looked decent, but injured too much
Silva 6 - started well but ended like a complete different player, sad to see
Sterling 4 - scoring a hat-trick saved him from a lower mark, mainly shite though
Delph 6 - looked good when not shoved out on the wing
De Bruyne 8 - nice to have another world class player, needs to be better away though
Iheanacho 8 - looked good whenever picked
Aguero 8 - had better seasons but still scored all the goals
Bony 2 - wrong player in the wrong team

Hart 8/10 saved our bacon as much as the Donut thief in some games
Willy 4/10 all 4 points for that penalty shoot out
Sagna 7/10 miles better than the dross he served up last year
Zabaleta 5/10 makes me sad to think how he looks knackered
Kompany 6/10 great when he's played, not much though
Otamendi 6/10 Argentinian Nicky Reid
Mangala 6/10 in and out no worse than the rest
Clichy 7/10 thank goodness
Kolarov 4/10 all 4 for his first 5 games, crap the rest
Fernando 6/10 improved a lot but still nothing special
Fernandinho 8/10 Immense at times
Yaya 5-10 see Zabaleta, occasional glimpse of magic
Silva 5/10 see Yaya & Zab, finished at Pl level ?
Navas 7/10 couldn't hot a barn door with a cows arse etc... But when he wasn't there we missed his energy
KDB 8/10 ok missing in a few games but goals assists ratio incredible
Kelechi 7/10 great talent disgracefully underused between Nov-Jan
Aguero 8/10 bit greedy at times but how can he rely on the shower around him
Bony 2/10 shocking, simply shocking
Delph 5/10 injury prone, played out of position, out of his depth?
Nasri 6/10 hardly played looked good when he did
Sterling 5/10 started well, faded incredibly, turned into Buster Phillips
Demichelis 2/10 effectively retired in August
Celina 6/10 should have had more opportunities

messi scored just 9 goals in his first season at barca.
ronaldo scored 9 goals as well in his first season at barca. all at age 19.
at age 19 and in his first season nacho has has scored 13 goals for us and mostly from the bench. what else do we want from this young lad dat costs us absolute nothing..each time he plays,the expectation is high and we want him to play like some 100 million pound player. for fuks sake this guy is stil in the development stage of his career and any undue pressure might ruin him.
obviously there are flaws in his game but, with REGULAR playing time and proper GUIDANCE he will become THE FINISHED ARTICLE
i'll rate him a 10/10. he can only get better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.